Sponsored

dominic admits the truth

lobster1

had to laugh when i saw this, dominic marrocco ego tripping again (someone must have given him some good gear for christmas)

05 January, 2008 - 9:34 AM
Firenet ISP Wins Key Customer Support Contract From 186k
UK ISP Firenet has today announced a major new multi-million pound contract to provide all support services, including telephone, ticket and email support to all of 186k's 100,000+ end users.

The contract will look to manage 186k's direct customer base, covering the ISP brands of Mailbox, Elite Internet, IP Support, EzeeDSL, V21, EFH broadband, Freedom names, Real PopTEL, MINX, 186k Direct with many other ISPs owned and controlled by 186k.

Typically 186k has faced a degree of criticism from some consumers over its customer support quality and it's hoped that the new deal could change things for the better:

Alan Castle CEO of Firenet stated today, "We are extremely happy that we have won the contract, it is a worthy contract to supply services to our newest partner 186k, we are very proud of the association and will endeavour to place 186k on top where they belong".

He added, "This achievement will allow me to employ a further staff force within the company, and will be able to bring Firenet and their partners into 2010 with a support service that is second to none. We were awarded this, because I feel our determination to help the customers has not gone un-noticed. Years have gone by, and most ISPs have disappeared, and Firenet are still here after 14 years of being an Internet Provider. 186k have noticed this."

Mr Dominic Marrocco, the owner of 186k said, "We are very excited about Firenet providing our end-user customer support, it will prove to be vital for our new converged product ranges coming out in 2008", "The new range of DSL products require a very focused resource to help support and satisfy convergence markets in Broadband, so after long deliberation we felt that Firenet offered our customers the best service we demanded for our customers."

Dominic continued "Many lessons in the sector have been learnt in 2007, the market is evolving with support becoming king and speed his chariot!, we continue to grow at a huge rate with several new acquisitions lined up"

186k recognise the importance of a UK based support centre and are delighted to provide this award winning support structure to its end user customer base, as many of its competitors continue to struggle with communications with off shore support centres whilst not providing their customers with the support they now demand, 186k, once again, lead the way, and with many more improvements planned over the coming year, 186k will be forging ahead and setting the standards for industry leading services and support.
Firenet were finally awarded the contract following major bids between other rival ISPs and well known support centres within the UK.
Comments | Link to news | Digg It!

looks like big boy marrocco has finally admitted the support for his companies is total crap (why didn't he just go the whole hog and admit his companies are crap as well)
just wonder if the lying ethnic's are going to be simply replaced by lying domestics, or has the company policy of being unhelpful and totally useless been changed as well.
how come if 186K has got over 100,000 customers it aint listed in ISPR's top ten of isp's ,there again they do like to make wild claims of how big and good they are, stick a few noughts in here and there, make it sound good.
dont know where the huge growth is either,its not as though you see aggressive marketing campaigns and there must be loads of customers who have left since the parasites leeched them from other companies, and anybody who reads about them first is going to avoid them like the plague.
wonder who the new aquisitions are going to be? virgin,tiscali,BT ? ,well they would fit in with all the walter mitty big talk.
anyway if the company is so big and successsful why are they outsourcing support to a 2 bit isp like firenet ?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
It may have 100,000 customers but many of those may not be broadband or even 'access' based, while our top 10 is based purely on broadband subscribers. I'm not sure how many broadband users they have in total but I'll see if that can be found out.

Spartan

Obviously you are a disgruntled customer of 186k? I suppose every company has them....

I’m unable to see where Dominic has admitted the current support is crap, I’m sure by quoting “Many lessons have been learned in 2007” is admitting they are listening to their customers feedback to make improvements!

I agree customer service wasn’t the best when it was offshore, but i’m not sure how these ISP’s make their money as the service is so cheap and sometimes free and they have to support customers that want everything for nothing!
I think since moving back into British waters support has dramatically improved. I have been an EzeeDSL customer for the past 13 months and have contacted support on a few occasions, my latest call was answered quickly and dealt with immediately on the phone. I think hats off to 186k, what other broadband provider really listen to their customers and act upon it when it clearly will cost more money.

If Orange is so wonderful (one the fabulous top ten ISPr's) then why do they sit back watching the premium rate (0906) lines clock up the cash for a 3p call to India.....

Sorry but I think 186k should be commended for their actions, well done Dominic is what I say.

From a loyal customer who appreciates the improvements!

firenet

ISP Rep
Lobster,

Given the fact that Firenet now control the support services for the 186k brands, how about you give me a go at winning your custom back.

Nothing much as i would like is an opportunity to win an unhappy customer back.

If you pm me your number i will very happy to call you and we can discuss what we can do together to make you a very happy customer if you give me the chance.

lobster1

i wasn't just the ethnic telephone support that was the problem, unless they have cleared out the crap running the leeds office based support/accounts dept etc you will be on a hiding to nothing.
total incompetence rules the roost at 186K ,total disregard for customers,just a bunch of lying, cheating, thieving parasites.
shame really because the quality of actual adsl service itself aint too bad, with all the customers they got handed on a plate with a bit of effort they could have done good instead of having the customers scurrying for the door at the first opportunity because of shoddy treatment.
im now with adsl24 , they give what you really can call service and support.
i would never touch anything to do with 186K again, for me they belong firmly at the bottom of the pile with the cockroaches and other vermin.

firenet

ISP Rep
Hi Lobster

i would like to help you with these issues, and hope you trust where i am coming from when i am offering you a really great opportunity here.

The service you got from 186k was bad in your eyes, however with that aside, i can totally assure you that we have won this contract to change everything, including the billing which is going to be with us in the following 2 months.

I am personally offering you a really good deal to come and work with me on feedback as to how we can make this brand the best for support, billing and aftercare, i hope you would be in a position to help.

lobster1

i guess you have not done much research into why people hate and despise this company and why so many have left.
the rot or should i say lies and deceit started right at the top when they garden walled the biscit/v21 customers.

1st lie we got was a quote from big man dominic himself
"Users re-contracting with 186ks ezeeDSL service will not be required to pay any migration or connection fees as these are absorbed by 186k to provide a very smooth and cost effective transition."

the truth was you had to pay a £20 admin fee to be connected

his next big lie was
"ALL Biscit CSP Limited (formerly v21.co.uk trading as V Two One) customers that join with ezeeDSL are being offered a wide selection of packages, sporting highly competitive prices, and a special offer of ONE MONTH FREE on all contracts, including retrospectively upgrading the thousands that have already joined the service."

i did not get a free month on my contract, all i got was disconnection for non payment of my free month along with a threat to cease my line if i didnt pay.

its quite obvious how the boss regards his customers ,how many thousands of pounds has he ripped off customers for admin fees and ungiven free months.
and you think i would seriously think about migrating back to these vermin of the internet world.

Hamster

Casual Member
Hi There

Nice try firenet. I think you will find a large handful of customers got very upset with Ezee.

Me, I'm still one of the happy ones, I had a problem, spoke firmly to the Indian call center and, to give them the credit, they organised a BT visit, man came, said everything was fine at my end, and went back to exchange and fixed it.

All OK now.

There wasn't so many customers left, 20 or 30 of the most vociferous ones, and TBH the happy ones were glad to see the back 'em.

Another happy Ezee customer.

Hamster :)

lobster1

well if you go back over ALL the threads in this and every other forum i think it would be quite clear that the proportion of unhappy customers far outnumbers the happy ones and is considerably more than your suggested handfuls, when 186K(or their new support buddies) resort to planting stooges such as spartan to seed propaganda to support their flagging services it shows how desperate they have become

EDITED to remove what is affensive to some members.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamster

Casual Member
I think the fact that you resort to personal insults to someone you don't know, haven't met and who doen't even know anyone at Ezee just shows you lost the argument.

It's not very grown up calling me vermin, is it.

Hamster

lobster1

my apologies, not aimed as a personal insult, i was merely theorising on how a series of near links could maybe somehow explain why somebody actually likes 186K

Still at it

my god you guys really need to sort your heads out, i left 186k end of last year and just having a browse I cannot believe your still moaning about them, every company has a few unhappy customers, but even after you left lobster your still bloody moaning, do you just sit at home all day thinking of ways to break things then complain? come on, its sunny outside get off that computer and go out and get drunk!

lobster1

dont know if you are the real deal or not smithy, whilst that piece of crap called 186K still pollutes the internet world ill keep moaning, especially while they owe me money, as for work it's in the name, a life on the ocean wave.
how about you ?,still being a useless beggar are you.

firenet

ISP Rep
Hi Lobster,,,

Just to help you along with your opinion about 186k and its support and its want to help the customers.

Yesterday we answered 99% of all calls with resolve
Yesterday we completed 87% of all emails within 4 hours of getting them at 9 am.

We are trying lobster, we would be really keen to ask you to come and join us and take up on our free offer to you to migrate into us. We are offering you the chance to come back and trial our services out, you would be shockingly suprised at which level we now care for our customers.

I think in the next year 186k will be winning awards once again..

lobster1

QUOTED FROM THE 186k FORUM

ShaunW
186k Support Team

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 pm Post subject: Escalated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have escalated this one with the contact centre management and they will contact the customer and progress.

burgen01

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:47 am Post subject: Re: Escalated, but not called back when said you would

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShaunW wrote:
Have escalated this one with the contact centre management and they will contact the customer and progress.

Was called by support (John Paul) on Thursday 7 Feb, and told they would run tests overnight and call me in the morning (8 Feb).

I have not heard anything further as of 11 Feb.

burgen01

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:38 pm Post subject: still not fixed

for completeness I am posting an email conversation with support today, they said the problem was fixed, but I still only have 1/2mb broadband

-----EMAIL INSERT---
Hi

Sorry this is not resolved at all!

Just done a speed test, still less that 1/2 mb

Speed test ref:
443-10976772
664-10976836
359-10976863
581-10976898
654-10976911

As you can see, not at all good.

-----Original Message-----
From: WWW daemon apache [mailto:wwwrun@angela.186k.co.uk] On Behalf Of John via RT
Sent: 12 February 2008 19:24
To:
Subject: [186k Group of Companies #491779] Paying for 8mb, getting 512kBps - 01353722217 {FORUM ESC}

Hello Mr Burgess,

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the time taken to resolve
this issue.

I have been informed that your speeds should now be back to normal.

If this is not the case, please let me know ASAP and supply 3 new speed
tests from the following links:

http://portal.186k.co.uk/client/speed.cgi

Kind Regards,

Jp @ ISP Support

burgen01

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:02 pm Post subject:

well here we are Monday 18 Feb, and still no reply

SORRY BUT NOT IMPRESSED WITH SUPPORT OR SERVICE AT ALL, AND ESCALATION DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK EITHER.

looks like someone needs to try harder?

lobster1

just spotted today another long term disgruntled customer on the 186K forum, looks like even though the firenet tel support team have been given new shiny shovels they are still shovelling from the same pile of crap in leed's.

firenet

ISP Rep
Checking this issue out, will get back to the customer by tomorrow by phone to see if they are still having problems, hopefully we should see a reply.

Just a point to note If you read the script, we asked the customer to do another 3 tests using the speedtest system if they were still unhappy, this customer was to reply to us if they have any more problems, and whilst we appreciate the customer hasnt noticed this, we are still keen to ensure this customer is dealt with properly, and now you have told us, we will call the customer tomorrow.

Alan

firenet

ISP Rep
just spotted today another long term disgruntled customer on the 186K forum, looks like even though the firenet tel support team have been given new shiny shovels they are still shovelling from the same pile of crap in leed's.

Untrue Lobster we are fully in control of the customers, this issue to me was not an issue, as we asked the customer to reply to us with new speed tests, and unfortunately the customer gave us no response until now.

If you would like to note, the customer happiness factor has been rising, and most of our customers we have dealt with have been very happy with the new level of service.

I appreciate you are sceptical, but how about you actually take up my offer to come on board...

Alan

Soulcatcha

The Clown Marrocco

Dominic Marrocco is obvously a clown. Is he planning on becoming a rockstar now. Disillusioned is probably too kind. Spartan is probably still riding a chariot of his own.

www.marrocco.co.uk

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules