Sponsored Links

Dreamcast Compatible ISPs

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
One of our readers sent this in, although I can't verify it and the number is 0844, which is BT Surftime and so you must have that with BT otherwise you'll be charged through the roof:

Ok everybody i've got an isp that you can use for your dreamcast.....sign up with freeserve, <a href="http://www.freeserve.com" target="_blank">http://www.freeserve.com</a> .

Now get a copy of dreamkey 3, send off to segs europe if need be, but the disc takes ages to come - pop it your dc and:

1) Select UK........then accept agreement
2) Then go to setup..

..Under User Information

user name - your isp user name... something freeserve.fsnet or whatever

password - whatever that is you get your dial up

ISP Phone Number (no spaces)

Network details

Preferred DNS server- 208.210.86.2
Alternate DNS server- 208.210.86.3
Proxy - leave blank

e-mail account

Account name - freeserve.net
password - your password
e mail - abc@freeserve.fsnet.co.uk (your e mail whatever that is)

SMTP - freeserve.net
POP3 - freeserve.net

ok folks that should work......let me know how you get on..HAPPY GAMING!!!<hr></blockquote>

Let me know if this works, but remember that we have some concern about the BTSurftime aspect of the phone number.

That should work fine - you've always been able to choose you own ISP in America and most other countries.

Taken from the Sega Europe site:

" Dreamkey 3 time folks!
7.1.2002 Order your Dreamkey 3 now!
Make sure you get your free copy of Dreamkey 3 by logging on to Dreamarena right now! From March 1 you'll need Dreamkey 3 to use your Dreamcast online, through the ISP of your choice, so make sure you order a copy!
You will be able to fill in a few simple details on a new Dreamarena page that will appear as soon as you log on and we'll then send you a copy of the Dreamkey 3 disc in the post. Simple!

Dreamkey 3 enables you to choose your own Internet service provider (ISP) and it's essential you order a copy if you want to continue using your Dreamcast online. Remember, from March 1 you will require Dreamkey 3 to use Internet, email and chat - it replaces the current disc you use to log on.

If you have any queries about how to order your Dreamkey 3 through Dreamarena then please phone the Sega Call Centre on 08456 090 090."

It's about time to - i got fed up of paying Local Rates so i dumped my Dreamcast. :(

Are there any other ISP's that offer good fast gaming and offcially support the dreamcast?

Sponsored Links
Ive been talking on some other forums and there are people in america that play games online on the dreamcast and they are able to connect to the internet for free.
Howevere when i go on the dreamcast on the net it costs me like a quid. You need the american version of the dreamkey.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules