Sponsored Links

Dslchecker speeds dropped by 60Mbps

Franlo

Hi
I have put in the offer for my home a few weeks ago. Before I did I checked the speed for fibre and it said my new home was capable of 80Mbps. I called BT today and they said that it is only capable of 19Mbps. We both used the address to check the speeds. The said the current owner uses a BT so they did more checks

So I went back to dslchecker and checked again this morning and it does in fact say max is 19Mbps. I then checked several other house numbers and it only seems to be only 3 that are saying 19Mbps. All the rest are saying 80Mbps. I have attached an image below to show the homes I checked.

The homes at the top and the bottom of the street all say 80Mbps but only 3 in the middle of the street say 19Mbps. These homes are around 8 years old and all use underground cables. The cant have a longer run than the homes at either end of the street because they are in the middle. The router is connected to a master socket NTE5C, No extensions direct to the Underground main bt copper line. The all use the same cabinet, 56.

The cabinet is less than 100M away. Even if it loops round the road to go back to the cabinet its less than 250M The exchange is less than 1.3K away via roads.

I know someone in house number 77 I have attached an image at the bottom showing the possition of the home and the cabinets.bottom right on the image, Home 77 are on ADSL. I called into BT again and asked them to check this address and they confirmed that they can offer 80Mbps, and they are also on cabinet 56.

So, I then called Sky TalkTalk and Plusnet, they all got the same results, and the were going to offer me a contract with a max attainable speed of 19Mbps.

Thats not fair or right if there is a current fault on the line, this is my issue, I dont want to sign up for that if everyone around me can get 80Mbps. My fist though was the cabinet was full, but its not as house 77 can get 80Mbps.

There is clearly something wrong with the line, but I cant do anything to get it inspected.

We need to pay for home reports and get it inspected, so in my opinion, we should be able to get OR to inspect the line and double check when there could be a fault.

The isp’s cant help me.

I think all over the nation we could be getting offered wrong speeds. It should be a neighbourhood adverage.

Also my friend in 77 has broadband issues, and they have OR booked for Tuesday. So my hope is that when that is fixed the line speeds go back up to 80Mbps

Can I get this checked in advance? I got my solicitor to check with the seller and they are on ADSL and say they have had no issues.
Thanks in advance for your help.

The image above shows the homes and where the cabinets are

Are you sure that all properties are indeed going to the same cabinet and not via another cabinet or direct to the exchange?

We are going to need a bit more information, such as postcode in order to give you more information.

Sponsored Links
What is the exchange and is it PCP56?
Yes, according to DSL checker, there are also a few other cabinets less than half a mile away. Your right though if I was re routed to the exchange then 19Mbps would sound about right. But I know 56 is not full because other homes can upgrade to get 80Mbps via pcp56

Are you sure that all properties are indeed going to the same cabinet and not via another cabinet or direct to the exchange?

We are going to need a bit more information, such as postcode in order to give you more information.
I don't really want to post my address on a public site, can I send it direct to you

I don't really want to post my address on a public site, can I send it direct to you
If you wish you can email to support at Aquiss.net just mention this thread and mark it for Martin.

Yup, send an email to support @ aquiss.net and mark it for my attention and I'll personally look into this for you, hopefully giving you a bit of background.

Sponsored Links
Yes, according to DSL checker, there are also a few other cabinets less than half a mile away. Your right though if I was re routed to the exchange then 19Mbps would sound about right. But I know 56 is not full because other homes can upgrade to get 80Mbps via pcp56
You haven’t mentioned the exchange?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules