Sponsored

E-mail a disaster

AnnC

I initially registered on this forum using my fast.co.uk e-mail address, forgetting of course that my e-mail is down - yet again!

This is becoming a very frequent feature of fast. Last weekend e-mail down. During the week I was receiving phone calls asking why I hadn't responded to e-mail sent. Why - well there seemed to be a 3-4 hour delay between an e-mail being sent to me and receiving it.

Low and behold this morning, the task bar icon on my mac is jumping up and down again asking for my password. Go onto mail2web to log in to online mail and it can't connect - so fast's e-mail servers are down again. Nothing on their website to indicate this however.

Two months ago - they blamed my Mac Mail for creating the problem. I had to delete all my accounts and set them up again - lost all my e-mail and then found it was nothing to do with my computer.

I do understand that things go wrong, and really, I can be very forgiving, but the frequency with which this is happening is getting a little more than frustrating!

AnnC

Phoned tech support half an hour later (who I must admit are usually helpful and answer phone straight away) Said he would check my e-mail account and said it seemed to be working. Like a magic spell - which I am sure it was :( - e-mail starts working again. Tech support tells me that they are unaware of any problems but will pass on to the server technician.

OK - if I had a PC I would probably not have been aware that there was a problem, but with a Mac it really lets you know when your e-mail isn't connecting to the server - and it is really annoying!!!!!!!!

Still don't know why my e-mail keeps having problems :S As I said above, I could forgive a couple of times a year - all ISP's have technical difficulties, but every week?

fast

ISP Rep
Hi Ann,

I'm sorry you're having a problem with e-mail - earlier today we had an issue with our e-mail service and details can be found on our status page at www.fast.co.uk/status - we do our upmost to update this as soon as we're aware of an issue.

This was an issue at our end this morning, and nothing on your side at all - at the time you called it had been fully resolved, so there were no ongoing issues.

This is the 2nd outage we've had in the past few months being caused by something on our side. If you are having issues more often please e-mail in for my attention today so that we can review the logs and see what is going on.

We're very quick to admit when we have problems, we have nothing to hide and no reason to do so. If you have a concern about outages please just call and ask to speak to me to discuss so that we can go over any issues you are having. I hope you agree we're very approachable if / when issues occur.

Regards,

Mark

AnnC

Thank you Mark - and thank you for your phone call. As you can tell from my initial post, I did check your site which would have been at approximately 9.15am when I first found my e-mail down but at that time there was nothing showing. Between 9.15 and the time I made my initial posting I was dealing with other issues and attempting to register on this forum. My initial post was therefore not made until 9.51am. I apologise for not rechecking the status page a second time before writing.

You have now explained the reason for the problem was on your side and that it is now resolved. I do in fact, undertake a thorough check of all possible causes each time my mail goes down and automatically check your site first before ever phoning. I also try mail2web to ensure that the problem isn't my end.

I must commend you on your customer relations and quick response, but hope you appreciate that such instances can be stressful for your clients especially at a time when they need urgent access to their e-mail. I now understand that there should be no further occurrences of the difficulties I have been experiencing.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2198)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1426)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1038)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (907)
  14. 4G (899)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules