Sponsored

E7even or F2S??

ishaque

Casual Member
i am currently on freeserve anytime, but im fed up of the slow downloading and so ive decided to go for broadband.

ive been doin a bit of research and ive got a dilemma : F2S or E7even?

F2S generally has a really good reputation but E7even are offering broadband at REALLY cheap prices (£16.66 pm for 512k ADSL) - i jus wanna kno whether anyone with E7even is having any problems.

any advice will be appreciated

:)

Hopper

Im on f2s 1meg line, impressed with speed and price, like the features that you get on webspace, never had to use support yet (touch wood).

Never heard of E7even....

Cueball

Casual Member
Well I'm on F2S 512k service and as Hopper said the features you get is quite good.
You may also be interested to know that you get discounted calls on your BT line if you use F2S.

Cueball :)

Ross

Cueball said:
Well I'm on F2S 512k service and as Hopper said the features you get is quite good.
You may also be interested to know that you get discounted calls on your BT line if you use F2S.

But to be honest, you can get discounted call rates through hundreds of providers.. and i wouldn't be 'comfortable' with an 'ISP' offering telco services - leave it to a company that is a telecommunications provider.

Cueball

Casual Member
I never knew that. I dont use that any way cos I got no outgoing calls on my line.

There's also a good F2S help site that is run by volanteers. http://www.freedom2support.net

Freedom2Support

Top Member
Heya,

I'd go for F2S, but then again I'm biased ;)

Seriously though, ADSL at that price isn't really sustainable if you ask me, you have to question the long term viabillity of the company if they are charging that ammount, because BT nearly charge them that, so they're not making much profit at all, basically E7even is too cheap and it's not sustainable.

As for F2S, Support is great, generally I can't praise the whole team that work for them highly enough, they've been brilliant to us at Freedom2Support, and I couldn't ask any more from them as they've supported us, and been extremley helpful and I know they appreciate our work and we appreciate their input back too.

Speaking as user to user Support at F2S, thats great too, the hours are limited, but this is being looked into and may be extended in the future, when you do get through however you will get through to someone polite, knowledgable and friendly rather than some poorly trained support adviser thats trained to read off flowcharts like a few ISP's I could mention.

As for the call charges, You can find more info on them at:
http://www.freedom2surf.net/adsl/callcharges.php

Hope this has been of some use to you.

Kind Regards,

Justin Johnson
Freedom2Support Project Leader
http://www.freedom2support.net

Cueball

Casual Member
Yeah I must say that F2S support is now great. They never used to answer my E-Mails but that seems to have changed. They now answer every mail I sent :D

Plus u get great voulanteer support @ http://www.freedom2support.net :D

Freedom2Support

Top Member
Hey,

I believe they took on some extra staff recentley, because I've heard a few different names from our users in recent weeks that I hadn't heard of before, so maybe that has helped :)

Cheers

Justin

Cueball

Casual Member
Yeah I've been speaking to some of them I've not heard of before.

mikepaterson

Casual Member
E7even is excellent !
I have been with them for 3-4 months now and the service has been faultless! The speed is good and I have not noticed any downtime (I use the connection daily for about 10-12 hours and sometimes at night). Their support (by email) has been the fastest that I have ever experienced with ANY company. Their packages are great value and include static ip address and .uk domain name registration and hosting at no extra cost.

jwseabrook

E7even is great

E7even is a superb service.... I can always get online, and have never had downtime. Staff who contact me are very helpful and any enquiries are sorted out quickly. The cost is low and there is no limit on my time or volume of downloads. I have been with them for four or five months - highly recommended.

Womaniser

E7even........AVERAGE!

I have used E7even for a while now and I wouldn't recommend them over F2S (my brother uses them). Reliability is patchy and speeds vary ENORMOUSLY. Some days it is good but the majority of days are average/poor. You REALLY notice the speed drop after 4pm and until 1am. When my subscription ends, I'm off to Metronet or Zen............

islandman

Pro Member
I too am a recent convert from dialup to BB and chose e7even. I am well satisfied and will tell you this. Recently we did experince a problem or two, but within a day or so, all was well, and the company extended everyones contract by a week. I'd keep looking at their website as they are constantly giving extra's.

ItsMe

Pro Member
F2S offer good priced products and with no tie in periods, just a couple of weeks notice, no charge in or out. You have nothing to loose, as another ISP, which shall remain nameless says..but with that company you do loose if you want to move, not so with F2S.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2535)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1258)
  8. Statistics (1111)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1058)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (604)
  17. Sky Broadband (601)
  18. TalkTalk (586)
  19. Vodafone (534)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules