Sponsored

eBay Problems

jon

Casual Member
We have about 30 users on our connection and have had problems with people being logged on as other users on our network automatically.

These people never use each others computers and have all chosen not to sign in automatically.

Call Aramiska tech support and get the usual standard answer 'nothing to do with us'.

Anyone else had the same problem?

jon

Casual Member
We have about 30 users on our connection and have had problems with people being logged on [to eBay] as other users on our network automatically.

These people never use each others computers and have all chosen not to sign in automatically.

Call Aramiska tech support and get the usual standard answer 'nothing to do with us'.

Anyone else had the same problem?

icbroadband

ISP Rep
How is the connection shared amongst the 30 users? Do they each have their own IP address, or is it a single IP using network address translation?

Dominic

Fudskie

Pro Member
30 Users?

Can you be a little more specific in what you mean as there are some details needed like how r u shared, i pressume wifi? what do you mean by logged on as other users? as cookies are used by Ebay per machine for ID so unique to the users machine. I use Ebay A LOT (wife spends too much on there) & i have my connection shared with the neighbours & no issues there...........is this a community wifi with a person or company setting up the system head end? If so who & how r they setting this up.

The more info the better as a fly on the wall once said.

jon

Casual Member
Shared by Wi-Fi using a 2K server in front of the arc, running NAT (RRAS) with bandwidth limiting, so all have private IPs.

Basically, person A logs into aBay as normal. Person B is logged in and browsing, suddenly person A will be logged in as person B and vice versa... very strange.

JamesP

Wierd problem that.

I have about 7 people on my connection who use ebay (addicts!) and I've never experienced that problem.

Just out of interest Jon, how are you limiting the bandwidth on your network? Is it using 3rd party software, or done by RRAS?

jon

Casual Member
Far as I know you can't limit bandwidth using RRAS (tell me if you know how!)

I'm simply using bandwidth controller (www.bandwidthcontroller.com) nice easy software. This limits bandwidth per IP address.

I have spoken to eBay and they say it is something to do with the cache - I can't see how... squid (on the arc box) should not cache dynamic content anyway.....?

JamesP

It does cache dynamic pages for a certain time, around 4-5mins I've found.

It could be that Squid is caching the ebay page of somebody who is logged in, so that when somebody else goes to ebay, they get that page. So maybe the user isn't *actually* logged in on the other PCs, the page just shows that they are as it's cached.

Hope you understand what I mean!

Fudskie

Pro Member
cache?

Hi jon,
what is your public IP on the Aramiska system. PM it to me or email. I will have your cache cleaned out but i suspect this is not the issue as lots of people use Ebay with no incidents reported. Is the W2k server caching at all?

PM me or i can not help of course........... :shrug:

jon

Casual Member
JamesP said:
It does cache dynamic pages for a certain time, around 4-5mins I've found.

It could be that Squid is caching the ebay page of somebody who is logged in, so that when somebody else goes to ebay, they get that page. So maybe the user isn't *actually* logged in on the other PCs, the page just shows that they are as it's cached.

Hope you understand what I mean!
Now I thought this, but one of our (ever so helpful) users decided to send me an e-mail logged in under my account, to prove a point! So you can browse around the other users bank details, etc. V. worrying!

jon

Casual Member
Fudskie said:
Hi jon,
what is your public IP on the Aramiska system. PM it to me or email. I will have your cache cleaned out but i suspect this is not the issue as lots of people use Ebay with no incidents reported. Is the W2k server caching at all?

PM me or i can not help of course........... :shrug:
I'm sure that Win 2K box does not chache anything as it is simply doing translations using RRAS. I've had a report that another guy has recived one of our eBay e-mails, I'll find out tomorrow and let you know what that is all about.....!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
jon said:
Now I thought this, but one of our (ever so helpful) users decided to send me an e-mail logged in under my account, to prove a point! So you can browse around the other users bank details, etc. V. worrying!
Jon PM Fudskie he is the best person to help you he is aramiska top technical person.. if anyone can find out whats happing he can but he needs info by PMs for safety reasons

mp5

Casual Member

whilst this has nothing to do with me, However Fudskie is a living legend and kNOWS THE aRAMISKA system inside out

Fudskie

Pro Member
Living Legend?

You flatter me. I am part of a well oiled machine that all help to solve issues. If an issue comes up we dont know about then these forums are great as it highlights to us the need to change things, within the Aramiska vision of course..................

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2091)
  3. FTTC (1630)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1206)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1004)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (873)
  15. Virgin Media (842)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (575)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules