Sponsored

eclipse outage

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
eclipse seemed to be down for around3 hours last night between 6 and 9 pm

my connection went down and tried all common fault findings re-started router nothing changed adsl filter nothing, rebooted pc nothing then phoned eclipse customer supprt even though it was out of their office hours technical support to be given a recorded message stating that many customers were experiencing an outage and they were working on it please disconnect equipment for 30 minutes and try reconnecting you may have to do this several times,

well i diconnected router for 30 minutes once and around 9pm went back to pc and all was well this is the first time in 18 months this has happened, daughter was getting the d,t's no msn or bebo for 3 hours (awe)

womder how many were affected eclipse support page put it down to an internal micro switch or something like that.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Looks like Im leaving just in time.

With luck its a one off. But looking at the ever increasing problems and angry customer ratings on various sites, its really sad how eclipse have fallen from what they were. :(

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
hey old dude ive been with eclipse 2 years nearly and never had any real issues infact this is the first time ive had any outage. email has almost always been ify and you have to try 2,3,4 times to try and retrieve emai inbox but i moved important emails to googlemail,

about 6 weeks ago noticed i was now on an upto 8mb speed apparently upgraded for free by bt who are trying to do away with most 1mb and 2mb fixed lines which i find brilliant constantly getting 1.5 - 2mb most line will support get the odd 2.4mb, when i am still on the flex 500 and still getting unlimited so no complaints against eclipse from me.........did enquire about entanet(vivciti) to get more speed didnt like evolution packages but now that i get up2 8mb i might hang on for a while, eclipse wouldnt give upgrade to 1mb or 2mb without changing to evolution

Johno

Pro Member
That wasnt the only ISP down last night, my grandparents tiscali went down for hours.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules