Sponsored

EE 4G Osprey 2 Mini 10 second delay to page loading

rik130

An update to this. The only thing I had left to do seeing as the problem was unique to Chrome, EE and this specific PC tower was to fully uninstall Chrome and all user settings and reinstall it. I did that a few days ago and it's made absolutely no difference :(. I still get the 10 second delay on loading some web pages. I've watched the 'network' tab in the Chrome page inspector and it is *exactly* 10 seconds whenever it does it - never 9, 8 or 11.

I did some experimentation with a free VPN extensions in Chrome. If I have TouchVPN extension running and connected to their UK VPN, the problem fully goes away. I am of course fully aware that using a free VPN offers no privacy whatsoever but as there is no noticeable reduction in internet speeds on a speed test, it is proving to be a Heath Robinson work-around to the problem until the true cause can be ascertained.

kommando828

Pro Member
Can only suggest that Chrome is hijacking your feed and sending them through a proxy.

In settings/advanced/other google services there are a few setting related to Google being sent URL's which you can turn off.

Also in settings/advanced turn off 'Preload pages for faster browsing and searching'

rik130

Small update of sorts. The issue seems to have fixed itself without me doing anything which is quite bizarre. It feels like it has happened gradually as I don't recall a day when it suddenly went from a 10 second delay to none at all. As mentioned up thread, I was using TouchVPN extension in Chrome with their UK server and it allowed all pages to load instantly. At some point the 10 second delay must have stopped happening as I haven't needed to use the VPN extension for a couple of weeks now. All pages are now loading instantly directly on the EE 4G connection and working as it should!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2654)
  2. FTTP (2460)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1663)
  5. Politics (1542)
  6. Openreach (1512)
  7. Business (1326)
  8. FTTH (1234)
  9. Statistics (1157)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1130)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (975)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (973)
  14. Wireless Internet (972)
  15. Virgin Media (935)
  16. EE (650)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (603)
  20. 3G (440)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules