Sponsored Links

EE Getting A Better Deal?

matseffect

Pro Member
Evening all. Currently on a £29.12 unlimited data plan (this includes a 30% friends and family discount mind) with EE plus another £7.64 for my watch plan.

At the time I took it out I didn't have FTTP so it was a great deal to get the data. Things have changed since then and with working at home and my new FTTP connection I use little to no network data anymore.

My plan is up at the end of September and I am starting to see offers when I log in, 150GB for £20 for example. I did also ask on chat but the best offer they really had was £15 for 20GB. More than I need for an average month but would like to keep something around 100GB ish for any trips or emergency Tethering.

My question is do you think if I hold out until closer to the end of my contract I stand much of a chance of getting any improvement on that? I know i can get better with three etc but I would like to stay with EE if I can as in my experience their network is fantastic for me.

What are peoples experiences?

Cheers!

Didn't know there are EE MVNO's with offers that good. Might still be a bit early but I might have to call them to try and get something a bit better.

Sponsored Links
my EE unlimited with 1 benefit paying £23 month is ending this year in November. Right in time for blackfriday deals. .
I would wait and watch out for better deals.

You can ask EE phone and or webchat to price match new sim deals in link below. ( these deals come up often)

Recently EE was offering unlimited data for £25 and with a uni-code or blue light this fetched it down to £20 a month.

Not sure if it had to be on an existing Sim though but worth checking out.

Sponsored Links
I'd say have a look on hotukdeals when you're ready to change. Find a deal, tell EE match it or i'm leaving. Today there are two deals up there for EE:

EE 5G Sim Only 50GB £13.50pm / £10.80 W/Unique Code Via Student Sites Choice Of 6 Month Benefit (24m BT BB Customers) - £324 / £259.20 @ EE​

and

EE 5G Sim Only: 100GB + Unlimited Minutes & Texts - £20/month = £240 total over 12 months @ Uswitch​

obviously it doesn't exactly match what you have, but you should try to use things like this as your bargaining point. I told three that I was getting 15GB and unlimited calls/texts with Lebara for £4 a month and they matched it for me (although I had three sims already with them).

Cheers guys. I Just actually messaged them and mentioned some other deals.

I looked at using my Blue Light card as well but only offers are for new customers but I mentioned it too. Will see what they come back with. Got some new offers on their site today but not a lot better than what was there before.

They where not really interested in doing much for me, agents said they can't even give me the offers my account does online because I am not close enough to the end of my contract.

Anyway even though there was a bit of a held to term charge it was still worth it for me to go with O2 for £12 a month for 12 months and the 6 months of Disney +.

Sponsored Links
You might be best off calling them, their retentions team if you catch them on the right day can do much better deals.

I’ve got £20 a month unlimited everything and one smart benefit.

Yeah for sure I would say I could have pushed and got a better deal from the retentions team. Just was not willing to work for it any more haha.

I did look at 3 as well now that they have support for apple watch plans but I had issues with signal in the past in my local area so decided against it in the end. O2 has worked well for me in the past.

Sponsored Links
They have unlimited for £11 for 6 months and then £22 a month after that, at the moment.

They have unlimited for £11 for 6 months and then £22 a month after that, at the moment.
unlimited for £16 via tcb works out cheaper per month, then when you factor in the cashback you end up paying about £13 a month for the whole 24mths

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules