Sponsored Links

EE & MVNO Related Posts

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Please post all your EE & MVNO posts in this thread.

1000007655.jpg

And from EE in Kilwinning we have a very acceptable speed me thinks. 4G (y)

Sponsored Links
I’m gutted all that hard work has been taken away, but I understand why as was chatting briefly to JP.

Does someone know how to view remaining data on talkhome sim? App is useless.
The website is how I always used to look, if the app doesn’t say then I doubt the website will either. Worth a try perhaps.
If not dial *479#

Sponsored Links
I’m gutted all that hard work has been taken away, but I understand why as was chatting briefly to JP.

Does someone know how to view remaining data on talkhome sim? App is useless.
Yeah, a real shame. I hope JP returns. He always seemed nice and professional, except the last few days when he seemed a different person.
When something like this happened to me it was due to burnout and depression.. Hope he's ok.

Sponsored Links
EE Thread Archive:

Three Thread Archive:

Vodafone/O2 Threads wernt archived. A huge loss and im sure people will think twice before contributing so much to the site again. I have a huge amount of respect for people who work hard to run the site, but can we have some kind of guarantee that automatic backups are taken at some kind of interval? Some of those threads were multiple years old

@CarlO1460 made a point in the now deleted EE thread about poor indoor coverage, basically saying that EE assume people will use wifi when indoors. That's fine when visiting friends and family where you can jump onto their wifi, but I do wonder how it will work when the emergency services finally switch from Airwave to EE as they really need in-building coverage.
I did some work for the Home Office on the Airwave rollout and I remember that indoor coverage was a big concern for the police, who had previously been used to running their own radio systems. Anecdotally, I've also heard some complaints from the fire service about indoor coverage on Airwave too. If EE is worse than Airwave I can't imagine that being popular. Maybe when plod visits your house they'll be asking for the wifi password.

@CarlO1460 made a point in the now deleted EE thread about poor indoor coverage, basically saying that EE assume people will use wifi when indoors. That's fine when visiting friends and family where you can jump onto their wifi, but I do wonder how it will work when the emergency services finally switch from Airwave to EE as they really need in-building coverage.
I did some work for the Home Office on the Airwave rollout and I remember that indoor coverage was a big concern for the police, who had previously been used to running their own radio systems. Anecdotally, I've also heard some complaints from the fire service about indoor coverage on Airwave too. If EE is worse than Airwave I can't imagine that being popular. Maybe when plod visits your house they'll be asking for the wifi password.
Although it’s bad in shopping centres, my gym, etc I find it very rare that being in just a house will kill the EE signal instantly. There’s no house that I visit regurally that struggles with an EE signal

Been over the Peak District today with the hound and coverage wise, very impressed with EE.

Extremely remote locations, 4G generally always available.

Overall, the best coverage compared to O2, although it was close. A couple of dead spots on O2 but they also had a couple of strong patches too. Unfortunately tons of 3G900 compared to EE.

EE should not have won top call quality in that recent test.
Have they not been down for issues with voice calls such as bad quality, dropped calls and robotic speech?

Sponsored Links
EE used to be awful in my flat. I live in Whitton near Twickenham. They did 5 days of works last month and whatever they've done now i'm comfortably getting at least 100mb down on 4g in here. Upload is a bit rubbish, but hopefully it will improve soon!

I was comparing EE's coverage map embedded on the sites of EE MVNO's and they don't seem to account for the lack of B20.

Just compare 4G on Lyca (no B20) and Spusu (with B20) side by side:

- Lyca: https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/lyca
- Spusu: https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/spusu

The link is different, but the map looks the same. Not cool, EE.
Would be extremely stupid to sell their limited B20 for that cheap, so glad that they aren't, but they should be pointing out the difference

Some people here are able to connect to B20 on Lyca though, what makes a SIM that can connect vs one that cant?

Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £23.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £15.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £21.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5411)
  2. BT (3492)
  3. Politics (2500)
  4. Openreach (2279)
  5. Business (2227)
  6. Building Digital UK (2218)
  7. FTTC (2039)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1945)
  9. Statistics (1767)
  10. 4G (1642)
  11. Virgin Media (1596)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1440)
  13. Wireless Internet (1380)
  14. Fibre Optic (1380)
  15. FTTH (1379)
  16. 5G (1219)
  17. Vodafone (1128)
  18. EE (1113)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (919)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules