Sponsored Links

EE - Outdoor 5G Hub

It looks like a 5G router (perhaps Alcatel as they seem to have a partnership with them) and an external antenna.

The information is very scarce indeed, can't find anything anywhere.

If you are interested in it, perhaps give them a call, ask for a document with more technical information and - of course - share it with us. :)

BT has the same thing:

Not sure how "outdoor" it really is though, since those exposed LAN ports don't look terribly water and moisture proof :) . I fear some people may expect it to be more durable than an indoor model.

Sponsored Links
@Mark.J it's just marketing gone overboard again, it's a regular indoors 5G router with an external antenna.. I guess that's the bit that goes outdoors.

Is there an external antenna?

Is there an external antenna?

Yes, check all the pictures. In the page you linked it's even mentioned:

"An outdoor antenna picks up the 5G signal wherever possible and sends it your indoor router."

I think they pictures are confusing - this is a package combination of an internal Wifi router (no LTE/NR) plus an external LTE/NR ODU (outdoor unit).

Both are Askey units but not 100% sure on the model numbers themselves.
Perhaps the Wifi router is the RT5010
and the LTE/NR ODU the RTL0300

However, knowing EE, there are probably customisations to those base devices (e.g. RTL0300 includes mmWave, which seems like something EE could cut for cost saving)

Sponsored Links
Good detective work Gavin. You'd think they'd want to shout a bit more about the specs of that router.

Yes, Gavin is correct its a ASKEY RTL0300

There are quite appearing now,i tried using a Nokia Fast mile unit which worked well,after a revision in the firmware.
No coaxial cable needed,just weatherproof CAT6A cable with POE to the ODU
One hate,SIM eSIM are incorporated into the unit,EE had a OTA update on there SIM.
Had to go on the chimney stack,to replace the SIM card.A majority of the units i have tested are not IP65 rated,which is a problem.I have tried a different brand,and the EMC RADIATED emissions interfered with my neighbours TV

There are brands like Inseego,Huawei,Zyxel,Casa Systems,Gemtek,Green Packet,etc

Poynting Antenna EPNT-1 with solve 4/5G home brewers,you fit your own 4/5G wireless card into the antenna.

Last edited:
The design definitely looks similar, but the BT page is confusing me.. they state there's an external antenna, not an external 5G router.
So this would be more like say an Huawei CPE Pro B2368 then, where the LTE bit is outside and the WIFI is indoors.

I have one of these and it’s a smashing bit of kit. Much better than the huawei ones. The outdoor one is the antenna, Ethernet cable through the wall to the router and works a treat. Getting much better signal than I did on the huawei device even when I paired it with the poynting antenna on a modded huawei. I had to ring up EE to get one as they weren’t and still aren’t on the normal website.

Sponsored Links
I have one of these and it’s a smashing bit of kit. Much better than the huawei ones. The outdoor one is the antenna, Ethernet cable through the wall to the router and works a treat. Getting much better signal than I did on the huawei device even when I paired it with the poynting antenna on a modded huawei. I had to ring up EE to get one as they weren’t and still aren’t on the normal website.
Could you share some pictures of the thing, maybe the user interface, too, please?

What are the chances of getting an unlocked one of these....
Can you buy them outright, or is it on a contract?

Sponsored Links
Anyone managed to find a way to get onto the web interface of the RTL6300? It's default IP is 192.0.0.1 but only has port 53 open.

If it loses connection for any reason it defaults to 172.20.168.1.

It's a great little device but it seems to have an annoying issue with it loses connection once a day and then fails to reconnect without rebooting.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules