Sponsored Links

EE service suddenly gone?

sof006

As the title suggests, I’ve been using the sim that I just got today in my 4G router. Now it’s suddenly gone to no service. Router will occasionally detect a UMTS mast but won’t establish a signal to it.

Tested sim into a phone and it reports no network despite doing a manual scan and it picks up a EE signal but won’t connect. Have I been kicked off for some reason?

Cant be heavy usage because my web portal says I’ve only used 30GBs of data today since getting it. Well within the “unlimited” limit.

I'll contact them tomorrow if the service doesn't return by the morning. If the answer I get is not to my liking... well... they can say goodbye to me. I'll just stay with Three and hold out till 5G makes an appearance.

Sponsored Links
@sof006 check the status of your post code, perhaps technical problems:
Checked that, no faults found. Seems suspicious to me. I’ll put it into my spare phone and take it with me to work tomorrow to see if I can get a signal. If I don’t get a signal at work then I know EE are being dodgy.

So you'll laugh at this @Lucian @Bubblesthefish6

I spoke to a rep via live chat today, apparently a replacement sim was ordered. When I asked by who they said it was done online.

I was then asked "Did you make the request online?" to which obviously I replied "No, why would I do that? I've literally just gotten the sim yesterday."

Essentially someone has ordered a replacement sim (not me) and its coming today priority delivery according to the rep....

Sponsored Links
@sof006 "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence" :)

My 3 service disappeared this morning, coincidence? (Using SMARTY of course)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So you'll laugh at this @Lucian @Bubblesthefish6

I spoke to a rep via live chat today, apparently a replacement sim was ordered. When I asked by who they said it was done online.

I was then asked "Did you make the request online?" to which obviously I replied "No, why would I do that? I've literally just gotten the sim yesterday."

Essentially someone has ordered a replacement sim (not me) and its coming today priority delivery according to the rep....
That's a little... Worrying? isn't it?

Surely a SIM replacement online means you have to login?

I'm confused!? haha

That's a little... Worrying? isn't it?
It is yes, but my password is rather complicated and protected by a password manager.

I suspect this is EE trying to cover their tracks and they've messed up. My only interaction has been via online chat.

It is yes, but my password is rather complicated and protected by a password manager.

I suspect this is EE trying to cover their tracks and they've messed up. My only interaction has been via online chat.
Yeah. If you only just got the SIM and they've sent a replacement, it's like they've sent the order twice? Or something like that?

Could have checked the address it was going too? Surely if you'd ordered a replacement too, you'd get a notification/email etc that this was happening?

Does kind of sound like a EE screw up?

Yeah. If you only just got the SIM and they've sent a replacement, it's like they've sent the order twice? Or something like that?

Could have checked the address it was going too? Surely if you'd ordered a replacement too, you'd get a notification/email etc that this was happening?

Does kind of sound like a EE screw up?
They've checked, I only have one order. I think someones just pushed a button and isn't owning up to it.

Sponsored Links
My 3 service disappeared this morning, coincidence?
The nearest 3 mast to me went down two weeks ago at around 9:30 am and returned just before 4 pm. This was repeated for the following two days. It took a day for the website to actually acknowledge that there was maintenance going on to improve 4g and roll out 5g and that I should be pleased. You may be experiencing something similar. You could try what I did and switch to 3g to get a connection, albeit at slower speeds.

If its a shared Three/EE mast then check the EE network checker for your postcode, it tells me more about my Three connection than the Three network checker.

I think the replacement SIM is just an EE cock up. Unless a fraudster has convinced them to send a new SIM which is a new type of scam they are using.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules