Sponsored Links

EE unlimited data plans - is there a fair usage policy, throttling or any other issues with heavy usage?

Hi.

I’m looking to switch to EE, as Vodafone max speeds and reliability have really gone down hill recently. Probably get a ‘phone’ SIM rather than mobile broadband package as they are obviously a lot cheaper.

We are reasonably heavy users, 1 - 2tb per month. How are EE with this, any issues?

Hi autopilot, you can see some EE users experiences in this quite lengthy thread here.

EE FUP Thread

Hope this is of interest to you.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Looks like EE is best avoided for me. Feel free to lock this thread now.
Your only realistic options are Vodafone and anything on Three. Vodafone cap at 9TB and Three don't cap at all.

Your only realistic options are Vodafone and anything on Three. Vodafone cap at 9TB and Three don't cap at all.

Yeah, I think I will stick with VF.

I just don’t think my current Hauwei 525 router and 4XPOL-A0001 antenna are cutting the mustard. Doesn’t help that I have had to extend the antenna cables, but I didn’t really have a choice.

Yeah, I think I will stick with VF.

I just don’t think my current Hauwei 525 router and 4XPOL-A0001 antenna are cutting the mustard. Doesn’t help that I have had to extend the antenna cables, but I didn’t really have a choice.
You can get antenna router combos, might be worth looking into.

Sponsored Links
I just don’t think my current Hauwei 525 router and 4XPOL-A0001 antenna are cutting the mustard.
My B525 sits just under the roof so the antenna cable is only 2.5M long, look at an outside box as a cable above 5M is degrading the signal enough that an antenna's advantage is negated. Cat5 to another router and the B525 in bridge mode give you the choice for this second routers position to be in a central position.

Avoid EE if you want unlimited data. Their cap is in fact 6-700 Gb.
Very misleading.
It's not a hard cap, though, never seen it enforced ; of course they could do a 180 on this at any time.

Sponsored Links
I think you can avoid this by getting a business package, also cheaper iirc.
I had the same issue with EE, their business packages where 1TB FUP but EE on the phone advised it’s the same as a personal account. BT don’t have a FUP, but you’d need their halo package to get the unlimited sim (£25).

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules