Sponsored Links

EE's new pricing and speed caps

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
"Have you seen that ludicrous display last night?..."

Mark talks about it here:
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...-pay-monthly-mobile-plans-and-wifi-boost.html
The £28/m unlimited plan is limited to 100Mbps. Wonder if they changed the FUP at least.
https://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only

1660806317428.png

Sponsored Links
Cheapest No Max Mbps is £26, for 5GB!!!
bet they've only done that so they can keep their title as UKs fastest network but still keep everyone on the speed capped plans.... This does still have the power to drive down their speed king name as croud sourced data will ofcourse still include these speed capped plans but independent tests by companies such as opensignal will no doubt be using these max speed plans.

EE have always had speed caps on certain plans, their essential plans used to be 60mbps. So I suppose, technically this is an upgrade :)

However, I must agreed that the pricing is crazy and completely uncompetitive - and they need to be careful! EE are the UKs best performing 4G network by far, however, in terms of 5G, Three are making leaps and bounds ahead of EE.

Sponsored Links
The new pricing is totally crazy, EE was never the cheapest network the cheapest no speed limit is 5GB 24 month plan £26 it dose come with one smart benefit you could pick roam abroad pass to avoid roaming charges.

A number of years ago when EE still sold their contracts via third parties like Fonehouse you could actually get a decent cashback deal on EE.

I do like EE sure their speed is normally better Three,Vodafone and 02 4G wise the last one isn't hard to be better, the pricing just makes it very unattractive.

The new pricing is totally crazy, EE was never the cheapest network the cheapest no speed limit is 5GB 24 month plan £26 it dose come with one smart benefit you could pick roam abroad pass to avoid roaming charges.

A number of years ago when EE still sold their contracts via third parties like Fonehouse you could actually get a decent cashback deal on EE.

I do like EE sure their speed is normally better Three,Vodafone and 02 4G wise the last one isn't hard to be better, the pricing just makes it very unattractive.
Scancom, £10+VAT per month, unlimited unrestricted use (FUP 600GB, which I'll never reach to see if it exists), no calls or SMS, but 15GB roaming included.

Can't access My EE with it, but with other offers such as Lebara 1p 12gb, unlimited calls and SMS for 6 months, you can mitigate the two as both have somewhat reliable signal.

You could also set up call forwarding to the EE sim if the other drops out (assuming multi SIM handset). Have done a few times from my main number while trialling others, inbound calls work.

Sponsored Links
More worrying overall it this is a step price change upwards which other providers may follow.

Especially the increased minimum entry level SIM £15/m.

Currently I have 4G Unlimited for £27/m and 5G 10Gb for £10/m with a Shared Data SIM still at £7 ish. £44/m total.
(No apparent speed caps on testing even on old shared data SIM).

Nearest equivalent now would be £31 + £29 + £15 so I will stay on old contracts plus inflation. £75/m total. Could technically reduce to £31+ £15 + £15 using data gift = £61.

Naturally they can stay as they are with the inflation rises which will be £6 next spring. I was going to upgrade the main SIM to 5G and cease the 5G one (Oct 22) but not now.

Doesn't make sense to me, also
Samsung A13 with 25Gb unthrottled is £30/m against SIM only £29

Scancom, £10+VAT per month, unlimited unrestricted use (FUP 600GB, which I'll never reach to see if it exists), no calls or SMS, but 15GB roaming included.

Can't access My EE with it, but with other offers such as Lebara 1p 12gb, unlimited calls and SMS for 6 months, you can mitigate the two as both have somewhat reliable signal.

You could also set up call forwarding to the EE sim if the other drops out (assuming multi SIM handset). Have done a few times from my main number while trialling others, inbound calls work.
Any speed limit for this scancom sim please? And do you have to set up a company to purchase the sim?

EE have always had speed caps on certain plans, their essential plans used to be 60mbps. So I suppose, technically this is an upgrade :)

However, I must agreed that the pricing is crazy and completely uncompetitive - and they need to be careful! EE are the UKs best performing 4G network by far, however, in terms of 5G, Three are making leaps and bounds ahead of EE.
EE pretty much did away with all the older Speed Cap Tariffs while they were busy pushing the 5G thing with Unlimited Speed, now that most, if not All the Contract Plans offered are 5G now, its all come back to haunt Us with Speed Caps again.

If EE dont get this right after banging on for the last few years about Super Fast 5G they're really going to shoot themselves in the foot. Is it a case of take less speed its cheaper? or more of a If you want Full Speed its more money.

EE do offer, even on 4G+ good speeds plus the added bonus of 5G in good Areas now, couple this with the Free Data Gifting between Account Numbers and you can see the attraction of paying a bit more over the normal, but to start chopping up Speeds on a 5G Network now, Peeps are either going stay with it and put up with it, stay with because they dont understand it, or vote with there feet, too much money now, and choose another Network, lets see.

I have to agree with you gt98 with regard to Three, when I first saw Threes 5G Coverage Map a few years back it was quiet laughable, but I have to say Im impressed when how well Three are doing plonking these 5G Monopoles in the Ground all over the place now, sadly though not in my Area, the Three Coverage has always been Three's downfall, maybe there 5G progress will change all that.

Sponsored Links
You could also set up call forwarding to the EE sim if the other drops out (assuming multi SIM handset). Have done a few times from my main number while trialling others, inbound calls work
Did this in Spain so I could turn my 3 SIM off and save some battery. Never get SMS apart from text codes and I can switch it back on for them so it worked well for me to just forward calls to Lebara whilst I was there.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules