Sponsored Links

Email Response Times

I sent an email to Aquiss over 2 days ago and still haven't had a response. It's weird because they replied very quickly to my first email and less than 24 hours to my second. Does anybody have any idea what's going on with them?

Good Afternoon sjmorgan,

We are currently dealing with a large backlog of tickets as we are in the process of doing a large-scale email server move for our current client base. Our current customers are always given priority and thus asking a lot of questions is taking up staff resources more than normal.

I can see your ticket and we will attempt to see if we can turn this around by close of play today.

My experience of the mail server switch-over hasnt been smooth, so they may well have a lot of customers to deal with.

Is it an issue with email?

Thunderbird resets all your local folders when you change to the new details. I hope you have a back-up of them, because it seems it deleted all of mine!!!
Luckily, I had only recently changed HDDs, and still had a copy on the old HDD, as my normal monthly back-up failed (at some point Mozbackup decided it was 2008 and I was with my old ISP; the most recent backups have all the mail, but none of the Aquiss settings)

Sponsored Links
Hi Captain,

We literally only had 3-4 customers who have needed extended help with no major issues being reported. The delays have simply been that we have, in hundreds of cases, written personal "one to one" guides where we felt extra help was going to be needed, rather than using a template. No one else has, thus far, reported issues with Thunderbird. We are 75% through the process.

sjmorgans case was nothing to do with the email process going on.

You have, I reported it, when I asked for the change of server details to be sent to my alternate email account.

I also managed to sort it, although I am still unclear exactly went wrong, with either the change of name, or the failed recovery from back-up.

When I followed the instructions in the email, TB blanked all the mail from my Aquiss IN box, and changed all my local folders. When I tried to redirect it to my original Local Folder location, all the folders were empty.

Oh, and I couldnt log in to Aquiss mail server.

I then tried to restore TB from a back-up, which failed - not sure how or why.

I emailed asking for the email to be sent to my alternate address; explaining TB had gone titsup and deleted everything, followed the instructions again; checked to make sure I had a connection - which eventually I did (it was VERY slow to respond for several hours); then copied my Local Folders back from the dying Seagate HDD I took out last week.

Luckily I didnt lose anything of importance.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules