Sponsored

Email system

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Perhaps someone can answer this query about NDO's email system, since NDO don't seem to want to.

Does each user have their own email domain (so an address might be andy@mydomain.ndo.com) or not (eg andy@ndo.com).

Thanks

Andy

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I looked, but I didn't find that page.

Thanks for your help

Andy Bray

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Still waiting for a response to the email I sent to NDO a couple of days ago, asking about the domain system they use. Nevertheless I have just signed up with them.

Andy

garethh

If you signup to a 'home' package, you'll get: whatyouwant@yourchosenusername.ndo.co.uk
http://www.ndo.com/ndo/Home_Use/How_can_we_help_you_at_home/homeproducts.html

If you signup to a 'business' package you'll get: whatyouwant@yourchosenusername.ndonet.com
http://www.ndo.com/ndo/Business/How_can_we_help_your_business/businessproducts.html

If you signup to a 'home' package, you can also apply for PlusDomain which is free for two years then 23.50 per 2 years. This gives you whatyouwant@yourchosendomain.co.uk (or .org.uk)
http://www.ndo.com/ndo/Products/PlusDomain/prdplusdomain.html

HTH,

Gareth

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Many thanks for your help - I signed up yetserday (Wednesday 9th) morning, and have just been told that BT plan to activate my line on the 16th - exactly a week later.

I can't wait, since I have no web access at home at the moment, other than if I cart my work laptop home.

NDO

ISP Rep
Hello

Yes, Vispa and the others are correct the email works as given above:
anything@username.ndo.co.uk without a PlusDomain or anything@yourchosendomain.co.uk (or .org.uk or .me.uk).

Since we now have our own forum at www.ndousers.com we tend to visit this one less frequently now, so best to post any direct questions over there. The forums are comletely open to anyone from any ISP no blocks on access to the forum with NDO - nothing to hide you see ;)

Best wishes
James

akbray

ULTIMATE Member

Vispa

ISP Rep
Lodge I really failing to see your point to be honest....as Director of Vispa I don't sit on the phones as staff are employed to handle this area of the business.

This leaves me to take care of the things, including helping general forum users. NDo Staff are exactly the same, your find there directors, such as Sam etc helping out.

NDO and Vispa are very similar and we have a good relationship that we have built up, both business and personal.

lodge

Top Member
Well, I'm sure NDO can take of their own forum, Martin.

I don't follow the logic of you employing staff to deal with Vispa's business so that it leaves you free to help out NDO users, or prospective users.

After all, this isn't a "general forum" and I don't see a reciprocal NDO presence on the Vispa forum.

If I was cynical, I'd say that you were here prospecting for customers, by proving how helpful Vispa are. Or is that too transparent?

:D

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
lodge said:
Well, I'm sure NDO can take of their own forum, Martin.

I don't follow the logic of you employing staff to deal with Vispa's business so that it leaves you free to help out NDO users, or prospective users.

After all, this isn't a "general forum" and I don't see a reciprocal NDO presence on the Vispa forum.

If I was cynical, I'd say that you were here prospecting for customers, by proving how helpful Vispa are. Or is that too transparent?

:D

All ISP reps are allowed in others forums if they are helping out and not posting their own ISPs offers in the specific forums.

I have read these pages and all Martin has done is post help not advertise his ISPs packages. All ISP reps know they are allowed to help others out and if NDO rep had any worries or problems the he would have reported the posts.

Vispa

ISP Rep
lodge, NDO staff have helped our users out a number of times, here and on other sites, and I have thanked Sam a couple of times for it, as well as passing my thanks to Steve. Just because you have not seen anything does not mean it's not happened.

General forums or not, if someone can help, regardless of status, then that's the best policy. Sure I could create a new account, but at the end of the day it's still going to be me, and I would still get a slating from people like you claiming of promoting.

I've not promoted or pushed Vispa at all in this thread. I have even gone out of my way while passing through to NDO's own site and found the information for one of your fellow NDO mates.

Regardless of being playing the "cynical" card lodge, the customer has already selected their ISP. Stop looking into things too deep, you know some people really enjoy IT, and just like me just want to help others.

The last thing I want to doing having a moaning session on Sunday afternoon, but your views are just plain potty, but i can see your point of view. I can assure you however our marketing is much bigger than 1 or 2 users here and there.

Martin

lodge

Top Member
If you read this thread again, you will see that the original poster was not an NDO customer when he first posted and thereby not one of my NDO "mates". It also meant that at that point he was a potential Vispa customer, since it's a reasonable assumption that he was open to sales persuasion.

You can't deny that if you, as Vispa, come here, or to another forum such as Fast 24, where you have also been active lately, very politely helping would-be or actual customers of another ISP, even without mentioning your own products, it is likely to form a not unfavourable impression of Vispa which could result in those same individuals moving to your ISP.

I'm not "plain potty" and sorry, I still do believe that your help to non-Vispa customers on other ISP's forums is motivated by commercial considerations, not only by your professed love of IT.

Last edited:

lodge

Top Member
Kits said:
I have read these pages and all Martin has done is post help not advertise his ISPs packages.

Kitty, if Vispa's sig which states that Vispa is the easy way to get broadband isn't promoting his own products, then I don't know what is.
:confused:

Vispa

ISP Rep
Ok i have now got to "whatever" stage....i'll leave you to worry about life's little problems on your own.

Martin

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
lodge said:
Kitty, if Vispa's sig which states that Vispa is the easy way to get broadband isn't promoting his own products, then I don't know what is.
:confused:

AND if NDO had any problems with Vispa helping out they would have complained.
All ISP reps have their ISP in their sigs.

If there was any problems Mark.J who owns the forums would have said something.

Please lets not start turning this thread into a bash Vispa thread Martin only helped and his sig is acceptable like NDOs sig is acceptable even if he posts in another ISPs forum. NDO reps are not on our forums as often as vispas which means the questions could have gone unanswered for days.

If you dislke Mark.J rules Please complain to Mark.J by PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3667)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules