Sponsored

Email system

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodge

Top Member
Oh please! What have the forum rules got to do with this?

You said that Vispa aren't promoting their own products on the NDO forum. It's clear they are, if only because of Martin's sig. Whether or not this is against the forum rules is irrelevant and I don't care one way or the other.

If you review this thread, you'll also find that I have been civil throughout and that I haven't "bashed" Vispa, despite being accused of being "plain potty" for expressing a viewpoint.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
lodge said:
Oh please! What have the forum rules got to do with this?

You said that Vispa aren't promoting their own products on the NDO forum. It's clear they are, if only because of Martin's sig. Whether or not this is against the forum rules is irrelevant and I don't care one way or the other.

If you review this thread, you'll also find that I have been civil throughout and that I haven't "bashed" Vispa, despite being accused of being "plain potty" for expressing a viewpoint.

The forum rules say that ISP reps can help out on others forums. His sig isn't classed as promoting his ISP and NDOs mentions the price of a package but if they was helping out it would have still been acceptable.

Lodge you have blown this hole situation out of context. I have said before if the NDO rep had any problems over Vispa posting in their forums they would have reported it. They didn't you on the other hand started to have a go at vispa for nothing. I have said Martin hasn't broken any rules yet you still feel the need to continue going on about it. I pointed out if you are not happy about the rules PM Mark.J he has the final say. I think you will find he isn't worried about the post as it wasn't breaking any of our rules.

Now instead of keep taking this off topic go to PMs and let Mark.J know that IYO like I said the ISP reps do know how to report posts that are against the rules and often do.

lodge

Top Member
Kits said:
I pointed out if you are not happy about the rules PM Mark.J he has the final say. I think you will find he isn't worried about the post as it wasn't breaking any of our rules.

Once again, if you re-read my posts, you'll find that I never suggested your rules were being broken. You introduced the rules issue to this thread, not me.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Lodge what do you not understand about the words Vispa rep had done nothing wrong and the ISP rep who is for this forum had no problem with Vispa helping out. But you have to take this way of topic having a go at the vispa rep by trying to make it into something completely different and against the rules.
Which is what you did by what you posted.
As you seem determind to turn this into something its not the thread is now closed. Vispa didn't break any rules when he helped a prospective customer of NDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3667)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules