Sponsored

email

jack8

Pro Member
It would seem it is slowing down. i can not send emails to certain people any more. Why is that as it a pop address.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
If the email address you are using is linked to Biscit some servers my have been disconnected. I would recommend getting a Gmail email address then if you ever move ISPs youre email address can stay the same.

VTTV

Casual Member
It would seem it is slowing down. i can not send emails to certain people any more. Why is that as it a pop address.

You're lucky - I've lost my emails (on the domain name hosted by Biscit) since late last week.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
You need to whois your domain and see who biscit got it from.. if its a .co.uk one contact nominet and they will transfer it for you.

Ronaar

You need to whois your domain and see who biscit got it from.. if its a .co.uk one contact nominet and they will transfer it for you.

I believe all those were put out to FASTHOSTS, I know that mine was.

jertzy

I had a v21.me.uk one, are you saying that i can get this transferred somewhere so it works? (when i get my MAC!)

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
I had a v21.me.uk one, are you saying that i can get this transferred somewhere so it works? (when i get my MAC!)

No the v21.me.uk can only work on hte server the domain name points to you have to consider this email address as dead and sort out a replacement email address. Gmail is a good alternative never had any downtime except for maintenance and it is ISP free so if you decide to change ISPs again no need to go through telling everyone you have a new email address.

Cold Fusion

On a slightly different note, but still an email i just recieved a reply from OFCOM.

Dear Cold Fusion

Thank you for your recent email.

Ofcom has been contacted by many consumers expressing concern over Biscit Internet, an internet and telephony service provider which has recently gone into administration. BT Wholesale announced on Friday that it will provide a freephone helpline number that Biscit customers can call to receive a migration authorisation code (MAC) that will allow them to transfer to a new provider with minimal delay. From today, Biscit's broadband customers will automatically be directed to a website which will provide details of how to get hold of this code.

Ofcom welcomes this announcement. However, it will continue to work with the broadband industry to see whether even more might be done to make sure that customers are not left at a disadvantage when a provider enters into difficulties.

Yours sincerely

::Rachel Bennett
Central Operations
Telecoms Team Leader

VTTV

Casual Member
On a slightly different note, but still an email i just recieved a reply from OFCOM.

Dear Cold Fusion

[content deleted]
Ofcom welcomes this announcement. However, it will continue to work with the broadband industry to see whether even more might be done to make sure that customers are not left at a disadvantage when a provider enters into difficulties.

How about ... every ISP pays a "bond" into a scheme. The bond is equivalent to 4 weeks, or 2 months (or whatever) of their network access and hosting charges (etc). If they default on a payment to their wholesale providers, the wholesalers press the "alarm" button, and the ISP can then follow the normal process for being placed into administration (or whatever).

Pressing the alarm button also notifies the ISP's customers. However, they should have no interruption to their service for the 4 weeks or 2 months period covered by the bond (since the ISP has effectively paid the costs for this period). The lights stay on. During that period, the ISP either pays its bills, or sells its customer base to another provider, or the customer base dissolves away to other providers as soon as they are notified of the problems. Thus the ISP has an incentive to act quickly to secure any value from its customer base (by sale, etc), before the customers have run far, far away. The alarm button should also trigger the issue of MAC codes automatically.

ISPs will complain that they can't finance 4weeks/2months of advance payments. Well, if their finances are that tight, I'm not sure that I want to trust my access to the electronic world to them. Yes, it would shake out the weaker companies. Is that a bad thing?

The Directors of any ISPs failing to pay a bond should then be paraded, naked, in front of a representative sample of the biggest and strongest of their customers, each of whom should be armed with appropriate implements of torture.

Just my 2p. I'm sure the expensive brains at Ofcom can take far longer to come up with a scheme that offers far less protection to us customers.

That last bit might just be wishful thinking ... but Relevy/Patterson should be made to pay for the aggravation caused to Biscit's/V21's customers, and to former employees for their incompetence as Directors of what certainly once seemed to be a good, reliable, company.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1871)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules