Sponsored Links

emails getting lost in the ether

Unregistered

I have been experiencing my emails not arriving at their destination. Predictably my ISP says they have noticed no problems on their system, but declined to monitor my traffic for a while, which I know can be done as I did it with Freeserve many years ago - it was a router packet numbering glitch or summat then. As it is usually to 2 North American ISPs (webTV and Rogers)that the losses occur, perhaps it is my recipients' end with the problem?
Does anyone have a suggestion to help me work out if I can prove to my ISP that it is their problem (if it is their problem). It does most often occur when UK networks are v. busy ie. afterschool/ early evening.

TIA

Neil How

one of the reasons l use Gmail rather than ISP email, too many ISPs block stuff hell lve heard of ISPs like aol banning freeserve at one point or another altho that was going back a while (they have changed name twice since then)

Theres a few things you can try.

Sign up to one of the free webmail providers, and test both email address (both yours and the ones your trying to send/recieve to).

I recommend yahoo or gmail, hotmail seems way to problematic for my liking.

I do know that with yahoo, if it fails to reach the destination it will usually give you an error report as to why.

So sign up with yahoo mail, and send to your own ISP email address, see if you get it, and what comes back if you dont.

Sponsored Links
then you havent had ur inbox hacked numerous times.... in fact from experiance l know there are many ways into a hotmail inbox without having to steal user data sadly...

Sponsored Links
Thanks from thread starter

for the responses. Will try the ideas. Nice to find a forum that functions!

nh

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules