Sponsored

Entanet commets

arwenthecat

Top Member
I'm changing over to one of the Entanet resellers, haven't decided which one yet. I've been looking at Entanets load statistics http://noc.enta.net/ over the past week and all I see is lots of reds and blacks, meaning they are running at or above capacity, especially evening and overnight. I would be gratetul for any comments about Entanet before I make the change. I'm torn betwenn ADSL24 and Aquiss.
Thanks

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I am with Aquiss the centrals balance the loads, you can drop ppp to change central anytime you like. I persoanlly didn't have any problems speed dropped to 2meg at the time whern centrals were maxed out. Wasn't long before centrals started to turn green again.

Last edited:

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
It usually only happens between 10pm and around midnight weekdays, the weekends however can get a little "busy".

It can be a little frustrating sometimes when the only time you can use all that bandwidth allowance is when the network is at its busiest.

Things might improve over the next few weeks however, it seems a large number of Enta customers are jumping ship over to Be after their recent expansion... :rolleyes:

One thing I have been wondering is, does 21CN (WBC) use a different backbone to Enta's IPStream network? If so, will the network become less busy as users are moved over to WBC over the next 6-12 months? :shrug:

aquiss

ISP Rep
Hi arwenthecat,

In terms of performance, it's been a long time since we have been informed of any issues by our customers directly. This week however maybe be a bad reflection of services, and giving you slightly poor picture to that of reality.

Early this week a major router dropped causing a imbalance on the network. Part of the network centrals are empty whilst others are busier than normal. We are not in the habit of kicking users, but rather let things naturally balance themselves back up again if we can. We published updated information on this which can be found http://forums.aquiss.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3529

Early next week sees a further increase in central bandwidth coming online, whilst at the same time customers are being moved to 21CN WBC, thus making more bandwidth available fo those of us on the older 20CN network. Migrating now really is a good time.

I hope this helps put your mind at rest. If I can be of any further assistance, feel free to shout.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
If enough users are moved over to WBC, then will they finally do away with the peak/off-peak system in favour of a fixed limit to use any time?...

...no didn't think so. :laugh:

arwenthecat

Top Member
Thanks for all that, especially to Paul from Aquiss. I see Martin Pitt is the boss. That's a blast from the past as he used to be with Vispa and was always helpful even in the early hours. He never seemed t go to bed. I spoke to him a couple of times when I was with Vispa and he was always friendly.
Cheers

aquiss

ISP Rep
Thanks for all that, especially to Paul from Aquiss. I see Martin Pitt is the boss. That's a blast from the past as he used to be with Vispa and was always helpful even in the early hours. He never seemed t go to bed. I spoke to him a couple of times when I was with Vispa and he was always friendly.
Your more than welcome.

It's the very same Martin and he's not changed from what I understand (We are forever having to drag him out the office). He jumps on the phones with the rest of us, seems to get through more support tickets than staff (hangs head in shame) and often leaves the office after us and always in at the crack of dawn.

A great boss really, though i am sure the wrinkles are coming :laugh:

LeeH

ISP Rep
Your more than welcome.

It's the very same Martin and he's not changed from what I understand (We are forever having to drag him out the office). He jumps on the phones with the rest of us, seems to get through more support tickets than staff (hangs head in shame) and often leaves the office after us and always in at the crack of dawn.

A great boss really, though i am sure the wrinkles are coming :laugh:
They will now hes left his 20's lol.

Sorry Martin

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2512)
  2. FTTP (2205)
  3. FTTC (1659)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1240)
  8. Statistics (1100)
  9. FTTH (1076)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1040)
  11. Fibre Optic (969)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (910)
  14. 4G (901)
  15. Virgin Media (858)
  16. Sky Broadband (596)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules