Sponsored

Entanet is top of the ranking lists

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

What can I say ? A big well done to my isp's UKFSN (Entanet network) is now top of the ranking lists. A great performance network in the last 3 months with a big thanks of new 622mb central pipes installed. It now had 2 x 622mb central pipes.

Keep it up :)

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
Mel, yes I did stayed with same isp for the last 3 months but I am glad that my isp are quite good bargain for under £20 a month for up to 8Mbps and up to 330gb a month (30gb peak time and 300gb off peak time per month)

I can see that top 6 isps are very good as follow:

1) Entanet / UKFSN
2) IDNet
3) Namesco / NDO
4) Newnet
5) Nildram
6) Zen Internet

But, Zen is the overall best known isps for a very long time and had excellent support but overpriced adslmax.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Mel, yes I did stayed with same isp for the last 3 months but I am glad that my isp are quite good bargain for under £20 a month for up to 8Mbps and up to 330gb a month (30gb peak time and 300gb off peak time per month)

I can see that top 6 isps are very good as follow:

1) Entanet / UKFSN
2) IDNet
3) Namesco / NDO
4) Newnet
5) Nildram
6) Zen Internet

But, Zen is the overall best known isps for a very long time and had excellent support but overpriced adslmax.
I coloured this in red for one reason.

Entanet is a total of reviews from ISPs that use entanet as their supplier so to reach the first place all these should be mentioned aswell plus some 100 or more partners.

Entanet themselves, Freeola Aquiss Seriousley Internet, Xifos and Hi Velocity.

Its results for the whole as a group later on Xifos and Aquiss was put on their own.

Last edited:

Welshman

Pro Member
How representative is this survey? I wasn't even aware of dslzone let alone that they did surveys.

Entanet in any case are a wholesaler providing support to their "partners" who sell to you and are therefore vISPs. The suggestion that they are the best supplier is therefore piffle because you can't arrange supply direct with them.

And so far as I can tell they don't offer 24/7/365 support.

If you want to choose an ISP start by looking at their user forum to see the scale of the moaning. No Entanet user forum that I can find.

I am not foolish enough to think my ISP is the best on the planet. But it's been reliable for the last 10 years despite passing through a variety of owners. I have never had any serious issues and tech support (not farmed out) is available 24/7/365 from the UK. NDO of course.

Everyone says Zen Zen Zen. Very good I'm sure but have you SEEN their prices? You'd want good for that.

There seem to me to be five principles to finding an ISP:_

1. Has it been around for ages?
2. Is there 24/7/365 support?
3. Has it got fewer than 100,000 customers?

If yes then

4. Is its user forum full of whingers?
5. Is it stupidly cheap?

If no then go ahead.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I was pointing out the Entanet wasn't only UKFSN as bulldog has posted.

Many reading this will think that UKFSN is entanets ISP using another name when they are not just a Entanet vISP.

If it said Entanet only I wouldn't have checked and corrected it as the post is missleading.

UltraNEO*

Casual Member
Well.. I know someone else who is with enta.net and they seem to be happy too. Im thinking of joining them, as soon as Tiscali finished with the line... Damn.. 10 days feels so long!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Well.. I know someone else who is with enta.net and they seem to be happy too. Im thinking of joining them, as soon as Tiscali finished with the line... Damn.. 10 days feels so long!
Good luck on your move from Tiscali and finding your new ISP. Entanet has ISPs selling the product but not all are the same you have the Entanet resellers that use Entanet for billing, support etc and then there are the partners who have their own billing, emails, websites and just use Entanet L2TP for their core broadband network delivery .

chris

Casual Member
Well that sounds all good, but have any of you had problems with the upload speed, and then having to deal with their `customer services`? Like all companies the proof is when you have a problem and Entanet sucks on this one. I asked for a upgrade for my upload speed, and quess what, after working during the day,the upgrade was requested, and the next day my upload speed was rubbish. Up and down, not consistent, rang technical support they said was a BT fault, or my equipment, but , hey, WAS NOT their fault!
And had nothing what so ever to do with my upgrade request!!
This went on for over a week, Entanet said not their fault, BT said not their fault, must be your computer! However, I have a computer and a laptop, two different makes and models, and bought from two different companies, I changed the router, had computer and laptop checked out, wires changed by a `friendly `ex BT man and still a problem. Entanet said it could be any fault but theirs.
They have no idea what they are talking about, except for one guy, the rest are useless.
Official BT man came to check the line in my house, just in case,and he said the fault was not there, but further up the line. I had had enough, I was sure it was Entanet fault, and decided to change provider to IDNet, and hey presto! once I was on their was no fault! So was ENTanet all along! Do not go to them ,their tech support is useless, they are no help whatsoever. Dont touch them with a bargepole!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Well that sounds all good, but have any of you had problems with the upload speed, and then having to deal with their `customer services`? Like all companies the proof is when you have a problem and Entanet sucks on this one. I asked for a upgrade for my upload speed, and quess what, after working during the day,the upgrade was requested, and the next day my upload speed was rubbish. Up and down, not consistent, rang technical support they said was a BT fault, or my equipment, but , hey, WAS NOT their fault!
And had nothing what so ever to do with my upgrade request!!
This went on for over a week, Entanet said not their fault, BT said not their fault, must be your computer! However, I have a computer and a laptop, two different makes and models, and bought from two different companies, I changed the router, had computer and laptop checked out, wires changed by a `friendly `ex BT man and still a problem. Entanet said it could be any fault but theirs.
They have no idea what they are talking about, except for one guy, the rest are useless.
Official BT man came to check the line in my house, just in case,and he said the fault was not there, but further up the line. I had had enough, I was sure it was Entanet fault, and decided to change provider to IDNet, and hey presto! once I was on their was no fault! So was ENTanet all along! Do not go to them ,their tech support is useless, they are no help whatsoever. Dont touch them with a bargepole!
To be using Entanet for support (phone only) then you must have selected one of the partners where you pay Entanet for internet, this wil mean any email aupport is by the ISP you selected not Entanet. There are some partners that do their own support phone and email plus their own billing.. Not all ISPs using Entanet are the same the people running them have varying levels of expertise you should really say which ISP you joined since Entanet do not sell direct to public just via partners.

richardf-j

Casual Member
Very interesting to read these remarks about Enta,I had not heard anything adverse about them before,in fact this site frequently recomends their resellers.I was rather puzzled therefore when Firenet,an enta reseller,changed over to NetServices,something I did not become aware of until I ran a speedtest,they have never said why they changed,or if they have they did not tell me,but then I am only a customer.

absent

I was rather puzzled therefore when Firenet,an enta reseller,changed over to NetServices
They changed to Netservices? Interesting 'cos they changed from Netservice to Entanet at the start of 2007 after a fall out with Netservices over money.

richardf-j

Casual Member
Perhaps I am wrong,as I said the only indication of any change is when I run Speedtest.net which up until a couple of months ago said my isp was Entanet,now it says Netservices. Since this apparent change my connection,which used to be very fragile,has now become much more stable,albeit slower.Anyone at Firenet care to comment?

lobster1

Perhaps I am wrong,as I said the only indication of any change is when I run Speedtest.net which up until a couple of months ago said my isp was Entanet,now it says Netservices. Since this apparent change my connection,which used to be very fragile,has now become much more stable,albeit slower.Anyone at Firenet care to comment?
its probably all due that parasite ISP group 186K now being bedmates with firenet.
186K now run the domestic supply side of netservices (even though they use the tiscali pipes for their own ISP's)
firenet now run the support service for 186K, so probably a bit of backscratching going on

PeteK

ISP Rep
its probably all due that parasite ISP group 186K now being bedmates with firenet.
186K now run the domestic supply side of netservices (even though they use the tiscali pipes for their own ISP's)
firenet now run the support service for 186K, so probably a bit of backscratching going on
That is the one. 186K outsourced all support services to Firenet and now host their servers. Firenet appear to have migrated all their DSL customers to the ex Netservices platform and seeing 186k have links with Tiscali I wouldn't be surprised if some were moved to Tiscali high quality LLU too.

firenet

ISP Rep
Hi Guys,

Yes this is correct apart from one issue, lobster called the 186k guys parasites, i have to disagree, they have been superior in every way to us as a wholesaler.

I have yet to see an issue with the way we are being looked after and i have noticed that because we now look after the support, we have noticed how well their service is going with other VISPs.

We moved 80% of all our customers througout our brands and it has been notibly better than Entas service and infrastructure. Saying that Enta are good, its just 186k are better..

it is very stable service and wholesale pricing is acceptable.

I would advise any ISP or visp to use them.

Alan

hareng

Casual Member
Will some one post a list of companies that use the Netservices (Group) infrastructure so i do not make a big mistake.

I vividly recall the Netservices/Biscit/V21 saga keeping things to themselves inc MAC code which they denied for months!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Netservices is no longer reselling ADSL they moved on to their other business line all netservices isps moved to 186 I think.

Jonny

Thanks Kits, late 2006 186 name was mentioned along with an ISP Easy? All part of same group, i will avoid at all costs.
Accept theres two sides to every argument but when BT tell you who holds your MAC code and they deny, somethings not right.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2467)
  2. FTTP (2096)
  3. FTTC (1634)
  4. Building Digital UK (1575)
  5. Openreach (1382)
  6. Politics (1380)
  7. Business (1209)
  8. Statistics (1079)
  9. FTTH (1015)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1008)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (887)
  14. 4G (875)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (587)
  17. EE (577)
  18. TalkTalk (566)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules