Sponsored

Entanet list

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Can I have a list of decent entanet suppliers? I gather entanet dont do connections to individual users themselves.

Its between entanet and Idnet at the moment. Id like to go with Zen, but its just a bit too pricey.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
:D That would be great if you have the time!

Just a few is needed, Ive heard really good things about entanet, so I want to use them really.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
I've been looking a few EntaNET suppliers. There's very little to choose between then, the packages are identical for the most part.

I suppose the deciding factors for me would have to be the quality of technical support and how long the ISP has been in business.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Hmm. Looks like its between Vivaciti and IDnet.

Vivaciti do a very attractive package of 3gb allowance for £16.50.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
oo-er, dare I?

I suppose I havent heard anything bad coming from plusnet for ages. I am of course, excluding email which I wouldnt be using :rolleyes:

Hmmm.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Now you mention it neither have I, and who in their right mind uses their ISP's own mail service for anything important!

I don't think plus.net use tiscrapi anymore, and unless there's something to the contrary in their t&C's it looks as if, should you decide it sucks and bail out during the first 12 months, then as long as you didn't take the router, you only have to pay off the £40 activation fee + whatever the notice period is.

As long as you don't do binaries or P2P and don't mind if speeds are throttled, they might actually be worth a shot! :eek: I wonder what their TM does to video streams though.

One thing I do find a bit off putting is the Uswitch awards :hrmph:

I guess you've got to ask yourself the question, Do you feel lucky? :)

Last edited:

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
Join Falconnet Office Max Premium is brilliant value for cheaper price at £27.99 per month inc vat which you will get up to 8Mbps downstream and up to 832kbps upstream and 45Gb peak allowance and 300Gb off peak allowance and it a 1 month contract. Rubert from Falconnet is an excellent support.

Join them if you can afford office max premium. Remember that office max start 2 hours early on off peak times than the home max product.

Falconnet isp is another entanet's reseller. :)

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Nope, far too much.

When I move Im going to be paying a lot more out then i am now, so its got to be really low. Around £15 a month really.

Sadly I havent run anything to measure how much I use per month, but I know its very low as I never use P2P or anything like that.

However there is the odd demo etc and of course updates, so Im thinking of either a 1GB package pay as you go, or that plusnet one.

That plusnet one is looking very tempting. I am of course tempting fate, but its not the end of the world if I have issues.

Falconnet

ISP Rep
PAYG / Allowance Tariffs

@Bulldog - Thanks for your kind words

@old dude - The PAYG package could suit. Additional 1GB allowance is charged at only £1 inc VAT per GB so if you are likely to use <2-3 GB in a month you won't get stung anyway. If you find your usage creeping up then there is always the 3GB Peak and 30GB off-peak tariff for £16.50 and re-grades are free.

Best wishes,

Rupert

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Activation is higher than Vivaciti.

Course, if someone was to waive activation for me, that would be a winner :D (obviously Id have to pay if I leave within 12 months).

TimD

Hi Old dude,

We'll waive your connection fee and you can try us for a month free too - with no strings attached. There's a link to our free trial offer on our home page. (though we're an independent ISP not an Entanet reseller)

Tim
IDNet

Last edited:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi Old dude,

We'll waive your connection fee and you can try us for a month free too - with no strings attached. There's a link to our free trial offer on our home page.

Tim
IDNet
Please read our forum rules all those posting for an ISP have to contact Mark.J before posting. please contact him now

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Groovy. Choice made I think! How do I claim this no activation fee? Is it best just to ring up when I need to order? (Unknown when due to waiting for a house, and then presumably a phone line to be activated - its a newly built house).

I could go with plusnet and the 8GB offer for £14 odd, but it might be a bit too hit and miss.

I'll be going through the Ts and Cs of IDnet when it gets nearer the time.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Its ok, Ive managed to get no activation fee from IDnet :D

I could still go with plusnet for the extra 7GB, but I do beleive I am choosing the wiser option.

We will see as the months go by. I have to say at this point Im not impressed with eclipse, Im starting to see all sorts of annoying issues. Nothing that warrents ringing tech support as Im moving shortly, but I know its not me (Ive used totally different equipment, from computer to router and cables) although its a possibility its the line suddenly gone bad.

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
hey old uder i have been looking at entanet resellers for sometime now with eclipse at present no major problems but wanred to increase speed from 512k didnt like the look af eclipse evolution packages as i do some p2p although mostly at offpeak evenings, narrowed entanet list dowm yo ukfsn, naims titan and vivaciti

email each one with a few simple qustions and vivaciti was quickest to reply within 10 minutes and this was at 10:30 pm thier rep pops up often on these forum pages and now they offer a 0800 freephone support line

if u want an isp with human beings at the end of the support line it seems u cant better than a vivacit ( wrong advert)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2091)
  3. FTTC (1630)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1206)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1004)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (873)
  15. Virgin Media (842)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (575)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules