Sponsored

Entanet, prices and allowances

decision

I'm wondering how entanet can price there product so low with such a generous allowance ie: £19.99 for a 30gb peak and 300gb off peak, considering isp's like newnet are having to put up there prices to nearly £35, zen who already charge that for 60gb or 50gb allowances respectivley, entanet also use resellers who have a cut of the monthly subs as well.
is it aggresive marketing by Entanet to up the subscribers then introduce a lower cap or big price rise, or do they know something other ISP's dont know?
As an Entanet customer i hope it stays this way as they are the best ISP i have ever been with, but i am concerned of what the future holds.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Entanet do not sell direct to the end user they have partners that sell to the end user. These partners have different levels some are just resellers where enta do the billing and support and others have L2TP. Prices and what is on offer are different from one ISP to another.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
The off-peak usage is so the capacity that enta will be paying for is idle at night time and they are still paying for it so they might aswell give off peak usage to try and stear the heavy downloading to off peak times.

decision

Entanet do not sell direct to the end user they have partners that sell to the end user. These partners have different levels some are just resellers where enta do the billing and support and others have L2TP. Prices and what is on offer are different from one ISP to another.
I'm with a reseller, i pay entanet direct and use there support, i pay enta £19.99 they give commision to the reseller (i assume thats how it works).
Your reply dosent seem to answer how entanet can charge less than £19.99 (after giving commision) for 330gb allowance when others are having to up there price to nearly £35 on 60gb allowance, other ISP's have to use traffic shaping or lower caps to keep the price down, i just wonder if entanet are to good to be true in the long term. (i hope not)

decision

The off-peak usage is so the capacity that enta will be paying for is idle at night time and they are still paying for it so they might aswell give off peak usage to try and stear the heavy downloading to off peak times.
Yes this seams to be the ideal way, but why havent other ISP's done it instead of losing all there customers to Enta? i was with Nildram who did a similar thing with the off peak but they found it was abused and had to bring in traffic shaping

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Most ISPs probably have lots of spare capacity during the night in order to have adequate capacity during the daytime/evening, otherwise customers would be complaining. Therefore offering generous limits off-peak makes perfect sense.

I wouldn't know about enta, but I would also think most of the more generous ISPs bank on a good proportion of users not using 100% of their allowances each month (especially not at peak times), rather than setting a low cap that would guarentee a profit on every customer each month and undoubtably deter people from joining.

butler

ULTIMATE Member
I'm with a reseller, i pay entanet direct and use there support, i pay enta £19.99 they give commision to the reseller (i assume thats how it works).
Your reply dosent seem to answer how entanet can charge less than £19.99 (after giving commision) for 330gb allowance when others are having to up there price to nearly £35 on 60gb allowance, other ISP's have to use traffic shaping or lower caps to keep the price down, i just wonder if entanet are to good to be true in the long term. (i hope not)
Because they are predominately a business provider and companies use the net most during the peak hours, they therefore have lots of spare capacity during the night and at weekends and they have made a business decision that they can manage their system effectively and utilise this spare bandwidth by offering a service to users who are willing to schedule their usage outside of the busy times. They still have the infrastructure to pay for as they already offered 24 hour support so it can be argued that they are being efficient and targeting an area of the market with little competition.

There were a number of ISP's that did likewise with dial up.

Problems arise when you get users who just want to constantly download the whole of the internet every day and by their own short-sightedness or greed then ruin it all for everybody!! (I seem to remember a thread on this forum in which one user had basically downloaded hundreds of gigs in one month)

I hope this is of help

ANdy

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2091)
  3. FTTC (1630)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1206)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1004)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (873)
  15. Virgin Media (842)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (575)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules