Sponsored

Entanet sucks!

chris

Casual Member
Well that sounds all good, but have any of you had problems with the upload speed, and then having to deal with their `customer services`? Like all companies the proof is when you have a problem and Entanet sucks on this one. I asked for a upgrade for my upload speed, and quess what, after working during the day,the upgrade was requested, and the next day my upload speed was rubbish. Up and down, not consistent, rang technical support they said was a BT fault, or my equipment, but , hey, WAS NOT their fault!
And had nothing what so ever to do with my upgrade request!!
This went on for over a week, Entanet said not their fault, BT said not their fault, must be your computer! However, I have a computer and a laptop, two different makes and models, and bought from two different companies, I changed the router, had computer and laptop checked out, wires changed by a `friendly `ex BT man and still a problem. Entanet said it could be any fault but theirs.
They have no idea what they are talking about, except for one guy, the rest are useless.
Official BT man came to check the line in my house, just in case,and he said the fault was not there, but further up the line. I had had enough, I was sure it was Entanet fault, and decided to change provider to IDNet, and hey presto! once I was on their was no fault! So was ENTanet all along! Do not go to them ,their tech support is useless, they are no help whatsoever. Dont touch them with a bargepole!

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Dont touch them with a bargepole!
The VAST majority of Enta customers are more than happy with the service they recieve, just check out the reviews on here and other sites.

They are by far the best provider i've had so far, and I have been around, so to speak.

I'm sorry to be leaving them at the end of this month, but the prospect of getting over twice the speed i'm getting now from Be* is to good to ignore... :rolleyes:

If things don't work out with Be*, i'll probably go back.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I'm not sure precisely what service you're using but I'm guessing it's some kind of business product if you're posting in the Entanet specific forum, since Entanet itself doesn't directly offer consumer broadband packages that I'm aware of, preferring to use resellers and vISPs.

However, if it is a residential consumer product then you can't really "upgrade" the upload speed of an ADSL connection, it's a strict pre-set and only changes if you move onto a different category of upper speed package (e.g. the old 512Kbps to 2Mbps Standard model services have a max upload of 256Kbps, while the newer 'up to' 8Mbps can output an upload of 448Kbps).

Upload performance varies depending on the quality and length of your line; indeed most people would be concerned about the download performance first. I don’t know what service you’ve bought, but if it’s ADSL broadband then they could have interpreted an upgrade request as a desire to be moved onto the 8Mbps services, in which case your connection will naturally be unstable for a 10 day ‘training’ period before settling down.

stealth_worm

Top Member
I have been with Enta about 1 year 4 months now, and barring some problems they have had with pipes on the odd occasion, it's been great. But just over a week ago, my connection plummeted from a stable 7300kbps, to 576kbps. Tried all the usual things, still the same. Someone on a different forum suggested what PeteK mentioned, that somewhere I have been connection to 512k fixed speed. My up sync also reflects a 512k connection, as it is 288kbps. However, it is interesting he pointed out, that the ISP should be able to see this. I have been been in contact with Enta, and they have referred the case to BT as a fault on the line.

Other than a slow connection, there are no other problems, I don't get any disconnections, my pings are good, and the line is self is fine, no noise on the phone etc. Also the line stats are the same as they ever have been, or thereabouts.

Anyways, hoping that BT find a fault and can sort it out. :)

boggits

Top Member
Hi Chris,

Could you provide your fault reference so I can trace the issue and deal with any procedural error at our end

Last edited:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I am on Entanet supplied ISP now and having no speed problems, offpeak can slow slightly but nothing like my cable connection did after 4pm.

I haven't found any issues with webpages slow at opening and in game ping around 15 20ms.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
supposed it is best to say you pays your money and takes your choice go for the cheapest end maybe not as good a service as the dearer end. I joined Aquiss which has proved so far to be value for the money I paid more for slower speed on cable.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
then again the guys here could just be unlucky, if your exchange is congested or theres an unknown fault somewhere then sadly it happens altho l can understand it when users get upset because its not their fault.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules