Sponsored

Error 734

casesensitiveuk

Casual Member
Hi,

I have been wanadoo customers for quite some time now, and never had problems connecting (512k). Tried to connect just now get the following error message:

Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated.

If I try several times, it connects. This happened only today.

Any one else is having similar problems?

CS

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
They could be having problems with one of their radius servers, let us know if the problem continues tomorrow.

casesensitiveuk

Casual Member
Thanks,

It seems to be sorted now, although their support people sent me useless information (copy and pasted)...

Thanks Again,
CS

beta

I'm getting this all the time lately, as well as "the remote computer failed to respond". The solution is to simply get rid of Orange - The Worst ISP Ever. That is what I'm doing next month when my contract finishes. Today I've been trying to connect all day with no luck, when/if I do get connected it is horrendously slow and disconnects after a few hours. This has been going on for weeks, mostly in the evenings after 7:30 (yes orange it's my computer at fault! it ****s up around 7:30 because it wants to sit down to corrie and a cuppa).

Orange customer support were unhelpful and referred me to the 0905 tech support number (50p per minute talking about how it's my fault or BT's fault or god's fault, but not their fault of course). When I announced my intention to promptly divorce Orange at the end of the month, the dozy mare at t'other end didn't seem too bothered. Orange bought out wanadoo in order to give "free" broadband to their cellular subscribers, the rest of us that joined while it was still wanadoo have been given a very raw deal, by the increased traffic, which their servers seem unable to cope with.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules