Sponsored

Escaping EzeeDSL

chuffa

As an old v21/biscuit customer i was one of the unfortunates who was forced to migrate to ezeedsl.I have now made my final payment and the years contract is up in november.I am now quite happy to move to another isp as soon as possible.Do i contact them-with great difficulty if previous experiences are anything to go by to get my mac?Will they give it to me as my year is not yet up but fully paid up?Assuming i get my mac will they continue my conection until ihave moved elsewhere?AS an aside i rang Fast-good reviews on the site and they tested my line and said according to their information i was connected ti Tiscali!Nothing would surprise me with this company.Any feedback greafully received.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Ezeedsl (186k) do indeed use Tiscali.

ISPs must (since feb) provide a MAC within 5 working days. http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bb_migration/ The mac code is valid for 30 days and the ISP must not cease your service before you have migrated.

They have to allow you to request one by at least two of the following means: email, letter or phone. If you don't get it within the 5 working day dealine you should complain to Ofcom, who I understand are quite likely to remind any ISP that breaches GC.22 of their obligations.

After you have successfully migrated if you have paid up to the end of the contract, then if you pay by direct debit be sure to cancel it. Or if you pay by a recurring transaction on credit/debit card it may be wise to write to the company revoking you authorisation to take any further payments from your card and keep a copy to show the bank if necessary. If you pay by worldpay, then I think you need to login to your worldpay account to close it.

However, I wouldn't cancel the payment method until after migrating as some ISPs consider it a breach of contract.

Last edited:

JoshNW

Casual Member
Hi Chuffa, My 12 months ends in November too, will be escaping to find a decent connection and uk based customer service, did you come across any problems? has im about to leave early..old fast24 customer......

Sparki

Casual Member
:DI have now left Slezeey. Must admit the only thing that they did for me was to provide a Mac code within the hour of me requesting one. I am sure that it is a fully automated service cos if you have to speak to anyone then it goes completely wrong!
With ZEN and bloody happy at last!!! only took 13 months what with V21 then the biscuit- Ezeedsl saga.:D

JoshNW

Casual Member
I'm off too, got my MAC thru there medusa portal and received it within an hour:), ADSL24 here i come!!,:D

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3561)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1938)
  4. Building Digital UK (1927)
  5. FTTC (1887)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1691)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1479)
  9. Statistics (1409)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1171)
  14. Wireless Internet (1160)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (834)
  18. 5G (771)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules