Sponsored Links

esim.net question

lsch0l3y

Hi all
New here. Wondered if anyones ever used ESIM.net before and what your thoughts are? I've seen a couple of rumours that the company was struggling, and customer service wasn't great. But on the other hand I've seen posts and reviews from people who absolutely raved about them.
I'm doing some work for a small organisation who regularly have staff travelling. There's 2 important specific locations, One has only coverage from O2, and the other only has coverage from Three. These are the networks that ESIM.net seems to have agreements with in the UK, so I thought it would be perfect for the staff, their phones would work in both buildings.
Just want to get anyone's previous experiences before I go ahead and look at purchasing.
Thanks all for any advice šŸ‘

I've tried a travel eSim from Three Hong Kong once before. All set up via the internet and e-mail. The only thing that was a bit of a hassle was having to set up the APN and stuff manually but once done it worked fine. As Three UK don't offer free roaming in Canada, whilst Three HK do, I'll be getting an eSim to cover the time I'm there - the cost is quite reasonable. Once set up you can switch between eSims if you have more than one or switch between the eSim and physical sim for data.

It seems that this company used to do PAYG but the monthly plans that now only seem to run off O2 - do they need a credit check as I suspect they would?

Also do they still run off both Three and O2? I'm asking because in some places, O2 would provide a better 4G connection whilst in others Three would provide a better 5G connection etc...

Sponsored Links
It seems that this company used to do PAYG but the monthly plans that now only seem to run off O2 - do they need a credit check as I suspect they would?

Also do they still run off both Three and O2? I'm asking because in some places, O2 would provide a better 4G connection whilst in others Three would provide a better 5G connection etc...
I use their monthly plan and it is o2 only with no credit checks and they still offer the PAYG sim it is under " global esim " on their website and uses 3 or o2 and here are the rates

Link to PAYG
https://www.esim.net/pay-as-you-go-esim

Attachments

• 1643354318218Screenshot_20220128-071718.jpg
    1643354318218Screenshot_20220128-071718.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 123
Also to mention that their O2 monthly eSIM is 5G capable, as far as I know their PAYG eSIM isn't currently 5G capable in the UK. Their PAYG eSIM can run on multiple networks (typically Three or O2 though), which supposedly can improve the coverage.

I had a PAYG eSIM with them, but have since switched to their O2 monthly eSIM for Ā£18/mo 'unlimited calls, texts and data (actually a fair use of 650GB)'. You may have to contact them though depending on your phone, in the event you'd rather have 5G as the prioritised signal at some point in the future maybe. I had to contact them regarding my Pixel 5 as it was prioritising 4G instead of 5G despite my phone settings being set to prefer 5G. Once they made a change on their side I was able to get 5G here.

Mmm I might look at investing in a esim capable phone later in year, was looking at pixel 5a 5g as the pixels don't seem to have decent battery life and the Samsungs or Apples are overpriced.

How do you find their customer service for any support?

Mmm I might look at investing in a esim capable phone later in year, was looking at pixel 5a 5g as the pixels don't seem to have decent battery life and the Samsungs or Apples are overpriced.

Adequate in my opinion.

Their responses are helpful but it might be up to a few business days before a response is given. As far as I know via email only too, at least that's how I've always contacted them.

Sponsored Links

You have commented about battery life a few times.

Are you not a person to charge your phone over night? As most phones will last a day pretty much.

You have commented about battery life a few times.

Are you not a person to charge your phone over night? As most phones will last a day pretty much.
I do charge my phone while I'm sleeping during the day but after a bad experience with the battery life of a iPhone 4S, I'm always wary of any phone's battery life.

My current phone is dual SIM so I can get a SIM from.esim and download the profile onto it.

But not until next month that is

I do charge my phone while I'm sleeping during the day but after a bad experience with the battery life of a iPhone 4S, I'm always wary of any phone's battery life.

My current phone is dual SIM so I can get a SIM from.esim and download the profile onto it.

But not until next month that is
Ah well iPhone 4s will be terrible compared to any phone produced in the last 2 or so years.

Hi all,

I've finally got my esim from the above company, just need to wait 48hrs for it to go live.

Looking forward to using it :) Thank you to the learnt members above who gave advice on it.

Sponsored Links
Now have got 5G but checking the signal speeds inside my flat, the speeds are no different to 4G - will check speeds outside.

Last edited:
looks like they have dropped their payg plans my esim just stopped working and cannot find anything on their website.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: Ā£25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules