Sponsored

eurisp ,netservices etc.

ellison

With many biscit customers now having macs (and presumably the same will go for those being supplied by eurisp) ,just what advice/consensus is there for choosing a new provider?.For example i had no end of slow download speeds when naims used netservices.When they changed to biscit ,my speed became constant at around the 960kbps.When naims used netservices i had no end of packet loss.Ive just signed up with fast for 3 months ,and now find that they use netservices as their broadband wholesaler too,so ill be keeping a keen eye on my speeds.The other fast (fast24) seems to be using eurisp ,whom many folks here seem to dislike ,but may not know that they provide other isps who have had decent reviews here ...like fast24.Is there some sort of list here on ispreview that shows which ISP uses which wholesaler etc ?.I guess some folks would not want to use an ISP that uses netservices given thier recent stock prices etc and wondering whether they too will go bust or something.Info on who runs the ISPs that spring up all the time would be nice too ,and what thier performance rating is.Anybody have any thoughts on this? and the connections between ISPs and their wholesalers?
ellison

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
It depends where the packet loss is coming from? also I know a couple of the staff at Fast and I know they are on the ball with the support and have a good relationship with NS. IM sure if you have any problems with packet loss or anything like that pm the rep on here with your details and they will do everything they can to get it fixed for you.

ellison

The packet loss (shown by visualtrace) occurred when it reached the netservices network.It was fine through my router ,through BT midband nodes ,but when it reached the netservice network, packets were dropped ,and my download speeds as a result ranged from 100kbps 1 minute to 300 the next to maybe 900 then back to 100.There was no consistency in peak times i.e 6 till 11 ish.I had no such problems when the network was switched to biscit ,and had constant 960kbps (on 1 meg line).I understand fast have a very good reputation ,thats why i signed with them for 3 months.However id still like to see more information about ISPs ,thier wholesale suppliers ,and indeed public background information on those that run them.
ellison

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member

ellison

You can run a test from this site, and generally I've found Eurisp pretty stable.

http://visualroute.visualware.co.uk/

Ive never had any experience of eurisp only netservices via v21/naims.Whether the problems the was due to netservices limiting thier broadband which subsequently affected user speeds i do not know.Id still like to see concise information on ISPs ,their providers and owners though ,so that informed customer choice can be made for whatever reasons.
ellison

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
With many biscit customers now having macs (and presumably the same will go for those being supplied by eurisp) ,just what advice/consensus is there for choosing a new provider?.For example i had no end of slow download speeds when naims used netservices.When they changed to biscit ,my speed became constant at around the 960kbps.When naims used netservices i had no end of packet loss.Ive just signed up with fast for 3 months ,and now find that they use netservices as their broadband wholesaler too,so ill be keeping a keen eye on my speeds.The other fast (fast24) seems to be using eurisp ,whom many folks here seem to dislike ,but may not know that they provide other isps who have had decent reviews here ...like fast24.Is there some sort of list here on ispreview that shows which ISP uses which wholesaler etc ?.I guess some folks would not want to use an ISP that uses netservices given thier recent stock prices etc and wondering whether they too will go bust or something.Info on who runs the ISPs that spring up all the time would be nice too ,and what thier performance rating is.Anybody have any thoughts on this? and the connections between ISPs and their wholesalers?
ellison

Netservices have more than wholeselling internet for their business so chanced of them going bust are slim. They have also stopped suppling internet to the smaller vISPs. I have some friends using an ISP that is supplied by NS and yes I have told them many times to move one did and moved back as htey said that the NS supplied connection was rock solid and hte new ISP wasn't. It depends on what you are looking for from an ISP if you are really paraniod about ISPs or vISPs then go and sign up to BT no middle men and they do give MAC codes.

No supplier will give a list of who they supply this is sensitive information and unless you use an ISP and check who holds your tag its hard to find out some IP numbers help but not all.

ellison

Thanks for the info kits.....
I guess there would be some sensitive information that an ISP wouldn't want to give out.That being so ,as a potential customer though ,i would want to know a little bit more about an ISP, than i would have done before the netsevices/v21/biscit problems.
ellison

jack8

Pro Member
ellison you are so right , Since this I have become really worried about what Iam signing upto. I have only ever been with Biscit and never realy looked to change as I was Happy. I have gone to Zen as they seem to have less unhappy customer's then most.

I spoke to a guy I know who works in the industry and he did not even know Biscit had gone under. I wonder how any biscit customer's do not have a clue what is happening and will not until they are switched off.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
ellison you are so right , Since this I have become really worried about what Iam signing upto. I have only ever been with Biscit and never realy looked to change as I was Happy. I have gone to Zen as they seem to have less unhappy customer's then most.

I spoke to a guy I know who works in the industry and he did not even know Biscit had gone under. I wonder how any biscit customer's do not have a clue what is happening and will not until they are switched off.

Don't worry about the thousends who still perhaps do not know that is why BT will garden wall the internet to one page giving the information also the press release will get into the papers at some point.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules