Sponsored

Ex V21/Biscit users with ezeeDSL - Come and say Hi

thecaretaker

Top Member
It seems pretty quiet around here. Are we the only few to have signed up with ezeeDSL?

I hope not. Come and say hi and introduce yourself. We migrants must stick together. Come and say Hi, we won't bite!:D

ANdyoz

Top Member
Hi (again).

It's been nearly a week and no cliches noticed with Eezedsl's systems. Broadband speed seems rock solid and emails coming/going with no problems. Dare I say it ...I have actually started to forget about the email system and just let it do it's thing (haven't done that for over 4 weeks now!!)

Still no reply to my email to tech support but I sorted the problem out anyway. Where is everybody???

GILLYB

GillyB here! Hi.
Also happy to say that I've had no problems with email etc, which after the previous few weeks with biscit is a welcome change. I have to say I'm feeling much more optimistic about choosing to sign up with ezeedsl. There's no getting away from the fact that I'm paying more per month now but, for me, it was important to have continuity of broadband service. I've only ever had a 512k speed so I'm looking forward to the upgrade to 8meg.

jonmac

hi well as long as i bin on here 5 days no complaints emails in out 100% lot better than v21, sent ezee 3 mails still no response, droadband speed good and no logg offs, so 50% better than v21, in the last few months with v21 never sure what was happen, so yea summing all up ezee a lot better :cool:

thecaretaker

Top Member
I agree. If the connection and email we've had this week continues for the next 12 months, then I can live with that.

I too have sent 2 emails to support and not had any reply, which does worry me. But according to the tech support chap that runs the ezeeDSL forum, he hopes to introduce a ticket system and upgrade the website. Looks like he's trying. He hopes to make the service status page more informative too.

I've added the important ezeeDSL links (including his forum) to the top of my web page:
http://www.thecaretakers.net/ezeedsl.html

Well, that's 4 of us then lol

Last edited:

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
Happiness Quickly Turns to Frustration

As most of the subscribers to trhis forum know, I signed up to EzeeDSL on 15 November as a V21 refugee and since them have been telling anyone who'll listen that it's all gone smoothly.

Yesterday evening (Sunday) I rebooted my computer and instead of my home page appearing I was greeted by the "Important Announcement" telling me I had to sign up and pay EzeeDSL to maintain continuity. I tried for nearly an hour to get through to support by telephone and eventually gave up. In the meantime I rebooted several times and after numerous failures mysteriously reconnected. I've sent an email to EzeeDSL support and will have to hope they respond promptly (if I'm connected at the time). I logged off and logged on for my wife's account (W2k) and the "Important Announcement" screen came up again. This morning it was still showing so I rebooted in my own account and after a short delay my normal home page reappeared. Obviously since joining up to EzeeDSL I've logged in and out of accounts and rebooted several times, so this is a new problem.
1) I'm wondering if this is a general problem for all new former V21 subscribers.
2) If so, what's being done about it?
3) It's even worse hanging on for Support on the 0871 "National Rate" number which costs quite a lot. If it was a normal STD number it would be covered by my phone contract.

This shows how easy it is to turn an enthusiastic new customer into an angry, stressed and disillusioned customer.

GILLYB

Hi Jockdownsouth,
I can certainly understand your frustration, I would be too! Fortunately I haven't come across this problem this morning, all appears to be ok. I have however, received an email from their accounts department requesting another quarterly payment of £74.96!!?? payable in 28 days. Needless to say I've asked for a response PDQ to that. Mmmm, just when we thought it was all going ok.

gilmoreren

Casual Member
I had probs with them so I called 186k and got it dealt with that way.

Also emailed the accounts@ - email address for them (similar to the support@ one)

I'm getting out of my contract with EzeeDSL, the more I know about Netservices, the less I want to stay with Ezee plus I never wanted a 12 month contract...

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
I MAY have found the reason for my connection problems

I think I MAY have found the reason for my connection problem mentioned above. On my wife's W2k identity the speedtouch modem was prgrammed for "@speeddsl.com". On my identity it was programmed for "@flexisurf". On V21, of course, they were interchangeable. It was only on her identity that I got the "Important Message" screen. I've changed my wife's to Flexisurf and it worked, admittedly after a couple of false starts.

I've gone back to Support asking if this could be the reason for the "Important Announcement" page coming up. Seems strange I had no such problem for the first few days.

I also had a Senior Moment and completed the details of my new EzeeDSL email address wrongly in Outlook Express, so that Support or anybody else who replied to any of my emails would have had a "bounce". My indignation at not getting an autoresponse was therefore misplaced.

thecaretaker

Top Member
I'm glad you've got it sorted m8.

Still clean and green at this end. No problems whatsoever.

Yes, I got the invoice for my next payment too. I thought I had set it up to pay from World Pay automatically. Hope I don't have to pay manually each month.

Seems we have another non-comunicating ISP. Had enough of that with Biscit.

Last edited:

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
Caretaker - Clive on the 128K forum posted a link to the EzeeDSL portal, otherwise known as Medusa. You log onto the ADSL link, then click report a line fault on the number that comes up. You then have a drop down box that allows you to submit an account query. Clive reckoned that was the best way of getting your ticket on the system. Several other people have queried invoices and he's assured them it's not going to be charged early. Like everything on there it takes getting used to, but it seems to work. As far as communication is concerned I've had responses to several tickets. Not necessarily the responses I expected!:hrmph:

HOWEVER - I used the portal only this afternoonto request a change from credit card payment to bank direct debit and they've emailed me a direct debit mandate already. No complaints there!

Last edited:

gilmoreren

Casual Member
I think I MAY have found the reason for my connection problem mentioned above. On my wife's W2k identity the speedtouch modem was prgrammed for "@speeddsl.com". On my identity it was programmed for "@flexisurf".

A friend of mine is a V21 maxsurf - he's fine.
I'm speeddsl - I'm not.
Wonder if I have a maxsurf ID too? Hmmm

gilmoreren

Casual Member
Caretaker - Clive on the 128K forum posted a link to the EzeeDSL portal, otherwise known as Medusa. You log onto the ADSL link, then click report a line fault on the number that comes up. You then have a drop down box that allows you to submit an account query. Clive reckoned that was the best way of getting your ticket on the system. Several other people have queried invoices and he's assured them it's not going to be charged early. Like everything on there it takes getting used to, but it seems to work. As far as communication is concerned I've had responses to several tickets. Not necessarily the responses I expected!:hrmph:

HOWEVER - I used the portal only this afternoonto request a change from credit card payment to bank direct debit and they've emailed me a direct debit mandate already. No complaints there!

You can also try calling the 186k customer support people rather than the Ezee tech support line. They're much more helpful.

BT55

Casual Member
Hi

We signed up on Saturday, although the service didn't become active until Monday evening. However, we did get through to a human being every time we phoned, without having to hang on for too long, and they did explain that since changing their deals over the weekend to make the £19.99 deal unlimited, the demand had gone berserk.

Seems to be okay so far ... watch this space.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Seems like there could be trouble ahead, the only reason for them to keep altering the offers si because not as many V21/Biscit customers have sigend up yet.

1/ you are tied to 12months contract and if/when they get oversubscribed on their L2TP your speeds will drop. As you have a 12 month contract they have you trapped even if they do nothing to reslove the speed problems.

2/ Those who signed up straight away are now most likely paying more for the same service and also trapped to the 12month contract. This constantly changing the produvt at short notice to try and make more sign up has me a little worried about the integrity of it all.

12 months is a long time when its internet connection a lot can happen they could even run into difficulties with NS during the 12 months and then you will still not get anyh MAC codes.

It makes you wonder how NS would have handled the situation if BT had already put in place the line cease charge of around £35.

Good luck to all that did sign up I hope it does work out for you

ANdyoz

Top Member
I received this email reply from tech support re. email (most here already have this info. but thought I'd post it anyway):

"Hi,

Thanks for contacting the EZEEDSL support.

You can use the email services .

But the server settings should be as follows

SMTP: smtp.ezeedsl.co.uk
POP3: same as before ( with v21 )

The email address and password remains same

as before .

The port number to used are

Incoming (pop3) : 110
Outgoing (smtp) : 25

By using the above details reconfigure the mail box and try using the outlook .

Regards,
MIKE"

sdrew56

Casual Member
Hi I signed up with Ezzee on the 17th of Nov no connection problems connection much faster and stable then with V21 sent 2 emails 2 accounts which were answered as I wanted to pay by direct and one yesterday saying my world pay account has been cancelled, so no real problems as yet still on V21 login details and no Ezzee email account as yet though.
Meanwhile those robbers at Biscit still have one months money of mine taken after we were cut off and still no reply to my emails and unable to contact them by phone.
They are not putting up much of a fight for my custom or anybody else's for that matter I still think they wanted us on the old contracts out of there hair and this is all to convenient for Biscit. :crap:

V21 the Deaf and Dumb Communication Company

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Biscit still have one months money of mine taken after we were cut off and still no reply to my emails and unable to contact them by phone.
They are not putting up much of a fight for my custom or anybody else's for that matter I still think they wanted us on the old contracts out of there hair and this is all to convenient for Biscit. :crap:

V21 the Deaf and Dumb Communication Company

If you can't get satisfaction from biscit, speak to you bank (or your credit/debit card) and get them to charge back the payment. If the service was not supplied this should not be a problem.

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
After signing up with EzeeDSL I cancelled my V21 direct debit and wrote to V21 saying that as they couldn't provide the contracted service I regarded our relationship as at an end. Today I got what is obviously a standard letter apologising that they can't supply me with a MAC code (I didn't ask for one) and saying I won't be charged for the non-existent service. Doesn't make much sense but so long as they aren't after any more dosh from me I'm happy. EzeeDSL is still working more reliably than V21. Long may it continue!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3668)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules