Sponsored

Ex-V21 people without a MAC code

jack8

Pro Member
It does seem you have been left in the lurch. I hope they can sort it out soon for you. Is your connection still working OK.

etiger

Casual Member
Your not alone Jertzy, I really hope we get some news from EURISP soon.:shrug: Hopefully they will follow BTW given their official announcement.

jertzy

It does seem you have been left in the lurch. I hope they can sort it out soon for you. Is your connection still working OK.

Cheers Jack, rep i'm still online. Email has died but i have gmail so all is not lost. Just relying on the connection staying until the shambles is sorted! :eek:

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Those still classed as Biscit using Eurisp are not going to be disconnected if your connection fails call eurisp up and report a fault they will check the line and sort out the problem. You have free unlimited BB with fault support until its sorted :D enjoy..

ptanser

I spoke to the administrators and they put me through to BTW who told me I was with Your Comms, (I already know this), I called the administrators back I they are going to speak to Ofcom

I then Called EURISP again to be told the reason that they can't give me my MAC is because I am an end user, I informed them that Ofcom says they can, and I was told that they had not made a decision to whether or not to keep us as customers.

I said fine give me my MAC CODE, but hence no joy.

and as for THUS saying that we have to go to biscit for our mac codes its nice of them to waste over a week of my time saying that they would sort it.

jonnylew

Firstly, it's good of Eurisp to say that they will keep us ex-V21 customers connected at no cost to us, however...

We never entered into a contract with Eurisp, so how can they say that they have yet to decide whether or not they want to keep 'their' customers. Message for Eurisp... I never was one of your customers, I had a contract with V21, not you!.

Their refusal to give us MAC codes is infuriating and I think, counter productive for them. I will now look for an ISP that does not use Eurisp as a wholesaler, whereas if they had said from the start hat we would get our MAC coded I would have probably chosen an ISP that does use them as a sort of 'thanks' fro keeping our connections active.

Eurisp... give me my bloody MAC!

kelbag

I totally agree jonnylew, i want to decide who provides my broadband not have it chosen for me. I thought this was a free country?

How do you find out who the third party supplier is when you're choosing an ISP?

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Most of the time you can't find out until you have signed up and check the TAG with BT.

dubbie

I agree with all of you, when I ring Eurisp I get a sense of dejavu, it's like talking to biscit after waiting for 45mins and then being told they know nowt.
I rang ofcom and lodged another official complaint, they agree with us here, what eurisp is doing is illegal.
Have a beer for me boys and girls

interplain

Casual Member
Do you all think it would be an idea to try and compile a list of ISPs and their first or third party suppliers are. Cos i think maybe at the bottom of all this mess its the supplier thats at fault. All ex-v21 customers are being held ransom by them now, like giving them the brush off, we cant supply a MAC code yet.. cr**. Ask yourself how did Biscit get tret by them, if they treat us the customer like this? maybe they have a lot more to answer for.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Do you all think it would be an idea to try and compile a list of ISPs and their first or third party suppliers are. Cos i think maybe at the bottom of all this mess its the supplier thats at fault. All ex-v21 customers are being held ransom by them now, like giving them the brush off, we cant supply a MAC code yet.. cr**. Ask yourself how did Biscit get tret by them, if they treat us the customer like this? maybe they have a lot more to answer for.

The suppliers contracts are with the company they supply the main connection to your ISP they do not have contracts with the EU as such they by law cannot deal with EU normally. OFCOM changed MAC rules but due to some complications this could have caused some companies they added another clause. This covers any company that would cost them too much money to supply MAC codes are excluded. Eurisp is in a position to perhaps not be able to pay for the release of MAC codes with them not having a callcentre the bill to supply all Biscit customers witn MAC codes could be too high.

We can only wait and see what hapens next I am sure nothing will happen over the weekend so just enjoy the connection.

stuartp44

Casual Member
I do know why this is and it maybe a big post to tell it you, this is just a thought dont quote me on this :)

What Biscuit/V21 did is signed us up or tansfered out line to Eurisp but we still belong to them (E.G. Like reseller hosting) now when the company went bust biscit was Eurisp customer and ovasly without the customers permission you cannot do stuff (E.G. Issue a non customer with a MAC address) so in my eyes its a very small loop hole that has no filling and this has caused all the problems.

Please dont quote me on this its more a thought

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
I do know why this is and it maybe a big post to tell it you, this is just a thought dont quote me on this :)

What Biscuit/V21 did is signed us up or tansfered out lined to Eurisp but we still belong to them (E.G. Like reseller hosting) now when the company went bust biscit was Eurisp customer and ovasly without the customers permission you cannot do stuff (E.G. Issue a non customer with a MAC address) so in my eyes its a very small loop hole that has no filling and this has caused all the problems.

Please dont quote me on this its more a thought

You also have to remember that Biscit seems to have not been paying bills and perhaps owe a large amount of money to Eeurisp.

interplain

Casual Member
Yes but it all seems a very big gamble by Biscit to take v21 on in the first place. It's like ordering a Pizza and going out for lunch.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Yes but it all seems a very big gamble by Biscit to take v21 on in the first place. It's like ordering a Pizza and going out for lunch.

Biscits biggest mistake was taking on the V21 customers that said V21 sholuld have credit checked Biscit better to be sure they could afford to pay.

Second biggest mistake was to get rid of the support callcentre leaving a few in the office dealing with such a large amount of customers.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules