Sponsored

Ex-V21 people without a MAC code

hareng

Casual Member
jonnylew; refusal to give us MAC codes is infuriating and I think said:
Sorry bided my time but got out when i could, Feb 15th MAC received and never looked back. Hence the unattended v21 emails were true and became evident arouind this period.
Still or was using my old v21 spam mail address, suppose 2600+ spam mails will filter through again like last time upon reconnection.

Sounds exactly like the Netservices/sleezydsl saga November last year, kept in the familly. Wait another 11 days, then another 7, then another 5, already hyperventilating after two days yet alone 5 weeks and killed my business. Offcom waste of time.

"Called EURISP again to be told the reason that they can't give me my MAC is because I am an end user"
Had same off Netservices 6 times
"We do not hold MAC codes"
"who told you we had your MAC code" answer "BT "
"We are unable to give out MAC codes to end users" answer "does this mean i am stuck with you for life then?"

Feel sorry for the V21 customers but you had your chance 14 Feb.
Personally if you cant get your MAC code get a cease on the line and go elsewhere.

kelbag

hareng, personally i DID request my mac code on 14th feb but biscit were too busy drowning to respond. I would get a cease on my line but with my boyfriend in afghanistan the internet/msn/hotmail is my only way of keeping in touch apart from snail mail so i don't really want to be offline for any length of time. and btw BT told me that they wont cease the line until a decision has been made one way or the other. thanks for your comments i'm sure someone will find them constructive and helpful

jonnylew

Hareng,

Thanks for your kind thoughts & compassion :hrmph:

Now, if you've got nothing constructive to say, kindly p**s off :mad:

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
ok lets not start flareing the thread everyone has been helping each other allowing us to let the threads continue please don't turn it into verbal attacks onto members. I think every one needs to chill a little..

jonnylew

Sorry Kits :)

But there's no need for that kind of schadenfreude when a lot of people are quite concerned about the situation.

However, I've taken your point onboard!

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
jonnylew I left it aas general I can understand your frustration at his post. I will try to keep a closer eye on posts I really don't think the people still trying to get their internet sorted from the Biscit collapse need anyone making it more stressfull. I had relised you had perhaps reached your limit that is why I didn't mention names. Try to have a good weekend and relax a little.

Last edited:

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
<---snip-----> you had your chance 14 Feb.
Personally if you cant get your MAC code get a cease on the line and go elsewhere.

Sorry but if Biscit had received 13,500 requests for MACs on Feb 14th they would have gone into administration then and no one would have had a MAC.

Please think before having a go at others still trapped in the Biscit affair.

Last edited:

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
You must also remember that many were trapped in a 12 month contract and couldn't escape without it costing them a fortune.

ptanser

Sorry bided my time but got out when i could, Feb 15th MAC received and never looked back. Hence the unattended v21 emails were true and became evident arouind this period.
Still or was using my old v21 spam mail address, suppose 2600+ spam mails will filter through again like last time upon reconnection.

Sounds exactly like the Netservices/sleezydsl saga November last year, kept in the familly. Wait another 11 days, then another 7, then another 5, already hyperventilating after two days yet alone 5 weeks and killed my business. Offcom waste of time.

"Called EURISP again to be told the reason that they can't give me my MAC is because I am an end user"
Had same off Netservices 6 times
"We do not hold MAC codes"
"who told you we had your MAC code" answer "BT "
"We are unable to give out MAC codes to end users" answer "does this mean i am stuck with you for life then?"

Feel sorry for the V21 customers but you had your chance 14 Feb.

You say we had our chance I request my MAC on the 15TH Feb and have to date still not recieved it and as for ceasing the line I cannot be without me personal or business line for approx 4 weeks

ziggycat

Pro Member
From the comments I am reading its looking very like Biscit were happy to issue mac codes for Biscit (bt) customers after 14th (I got my code in a couple of days by email) but I don't see many people on Eurisp reporting they got a mac code.

I suspect BT were more willing to issue the mac's and there might even have been issues with Eurisp back then.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
regardless i think the problems with EurISP were ad maybe still a grey area that Offcom need to make sure isnt above the MAC code rule...

the same goes for netservices when conserning an ISP who is been a **** not giving out MAC's

dubbie

Hi all, just thought I'd check on progress before quitting, it's been a long day!
I spoke to Adam Binks, Eurisp's sales director on the phone at the beginning of the week, who promised me the MAC issue was being looked into and would be resolved shortly, I have since emailed and got an automated response bounced back. If somebody could please point out to Tim & Adam the damage that all this is doing to their reputation, in light of BT issuing macs from mid week. Their arrogance in assuming that we all want to be rescued and placed with an ISP of their choice (they supply) is disgusting. They could have used this situation to their advantage by offering us ex v21 customer's a good value, quality service, if we wished, or provide us with a MAC via Thus (who have a call centre) for those who want to go elsewhere, instead they have blown it and now face awkward questions from OFCOM as to why they have acted in this way. Yes they have kept my broadband on, and it has been reliable, but I for one won't be hanging around, purely because their attitude stinks.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
exactly... the only reason l think they would try to pull a fast one would be saying they cant hand them out to end users as their contract wasnt with the end user but biscit... which is BS imho your connected to their network so you are therefore part of the contract so have a right to a MAC code, just wish l could have been given a MAC straight off the bat when Fast24 probs ensued but lm past that farce now thankfully.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
Unfortunately timeless it's not that simple, they can't just release MAC's with out at least trying to recoup some money.
The problem EURISP face is a difficult one. If they simply go ahead and supply MAC's they could possibly face a huge bill from Thus which could inevitably cause EURISP to go bust themselves. For any user who leaves before 12 months Thus will charge EUR a fee ( this is because Thus foot the bill for connection in the first place). Now I can hear people already saying "so what if they go bust". It's not as simple as that, if Eur didn't try their best to find a suitable ISP to either purchase the user base or take on the liability themselves then the directors "could" become personally liable because they didn't take all reasonable steps to try to recover at least some of the debt that v21 (Biscit) left them with.
I would suspect the reason for the delay is probably because EURISP will be in negotiations with Thus with regards any exit fees. Once this is agreed then I would expect MAC's will then be released.

stuartp44

Casual Member
I agree with Kevin_B, at the moment we are getting totally free broadband and i have to say very generous emergency support. Eurisp don’t have to do this but have done it totally out of good will, so enjoy it and give them a chance remember its not there fault all this boils down to biscuit and there stupid company

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
yes but wont they incur significantly more losses by letting users use their service free? stuartp44 said it best... now if you factor in heavy users and the possible amount that use their eurisp based connection what will cost more? MACs? or letting users download their hearts content while users at the moment are getting free bandwidth...

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
It's a fair point timeless, so here's the rough maths :

cost of leaving before 12 months and supplying a MAC £ 70.00 (approx)

cost of providing a months free access £ 15.00 (approx)

So as you can see it much more in their interests to provide a free service and spend the time trying to reduce their potential liability.

dubbie

Very interesting stuff Kevin, I can understand Eurisps position, I think that was frustration and a litle Jack Daniels talking last night.
Surely the ultimate liability lies with the directors of biscit as far as due diligence is concerned, although Eurisp and Thus do not seem to be singing from the same hyme sheet. We're all adults here, if there are genuine contractual or legal reasons why MACS cant be issued, why not just say so rather than stonewall every who enquires? It is becoming more of an issue as time goes by for us as we've now no verified email address, no websites etc as plugs are being pulled.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
Very interesting stuff Kevin, I can understand Eurisps position, I think that was frustration and a litle Jack Daniels talking last night.
Surely the ultimate liability lies with the directors of biscit as far as due diligence is concerned, although Eurisp and Thus do not seem to be singing from the same hyme sheet. We're all adults here, if there are genuine contractual or legal reasons why MACS cant be issued, why not just say so rather than stonewall every who enquires? It is becoming more of an issue as time goes by for us as we've now no verified email address, no websites etc as plugs are being pulled.

In terms of due dilligence; there was no debt with EURISP prior to Biscit taking over. It was only their unwillingness to pay that caused it.

As far as EURISP are concerned, yes you're probably right they would be better off laying down the line so people know what the entire situation is.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
still if they withhold MACs for too long l think that they may shoot themselves in the foot

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1871)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules