Sponsored

Ex-V21 people without a MAC code

Hex22

I was lucky and managed to escape from the evil clasp of broken biscits just before everything went to pot, I was honestly beside myself when I opened the letter they sent with my mac code.

As lucky as i am to be free ive not forgotten all you guys from many different forums across the web still living the nightmare! Keep you chin up, its just a matter of time before you are free again.

One last thing, I hope the official bodies have learnt from this model example of un/organised chaos, and insure measures are put in place, so something like this ever is never allowed to happen again.

Take care all

Ronaar

Hi Hex,

I couldn't agree more. Perhaps OFCOM will take note.

As usual it's the end users who suffer the most.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
still if they withhold MACs for too long l think that they may shoot themselves in the foot

Yes you're very right there, it's good they aren't simply turning the users off but at the end of the day you still need to know there's light at the end of the tunnel. :eek:

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
As usual it's the end users who suffer the most.

To be fair ronaar if you are a EURISP customer you're not exactly suffering, you are recieving free broadband at the moment.

I know users want to move on; but for now at least they are online which is more than Netservices did.

Cherokee

Not fair to say that EURISP customers arent suffering, (free internet is nice but when you dont have a CHOICE who your with and you are powerless to do anything about it then you are suffering!) my internet goes down everytime it rains :O and Eurisp dont seem to be able to do anything about it, ive been through fast4, v21 and biscit, without so much as a letter, and every time i think im getting within an inch of a mac code, the mountain i have to climb to get it, gets just that little bit higher and off it goes into the distance once again!
ive been trying to get away from v21/biscit since the fast4 customer base was signed up without choice to v21, ive spent well over 6 months worth of subscription to biscit's 8meg service just in phone calls and letters trying to get a MAC, so the free internet im personally receiving right now, even if it goes on for the next 3 months will still leave me out of pocket.

the situation for many of us individual 'suffering' customers is far more complex and frustrating than you could possibly imagine, many people had businesses using the biscit service when it was going down for a week at a time, think of all the lost revenue!!!

just wish there was a way out........ i think we all deserve it....

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
Apologies

I couldn't agree more, you have certainly been put through it, and beleive me I know how you feel. Since the take over it's been nothing but lies and false promises to everyone. I certainly wish that I hadn't "sold" to these guys either.

I wasn't trying to make light of what has happened, I was just picking up on ronaars coment. Basically I was just trying to say that at least EURISP are keeping everyone online. Which is a far better situation than it could be.

JeffShepherd

Pro Member
"my internet goes down everytime it rains :O and Eurisp dont seem to be able to do anything about it"

Would be worth getting BT to check your phone line.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Not fair to say that EURISP customers arent suffering, (free internet is nice but when you dont have a CHOICE who your with and you are powerless to do anything about it then you are suffering!) my internet goes down everytime it rains :O and Eurisp dont seem to be able to do anything about it,

Hi it was due to such problems I asked Eurisp if they could set up emergency cover for faults.
The statemend from Eurisp gives you the details to cotact for faults. IMPO if it drops teh internet everytime it rains tehn its BT line at fault and needs checking.

ive been trying to get away from v21/biscit since the fast4 customer base was signed up without choice to v21, ive spent well over 6 months worth of subscription to biscit's 8meg service just in phone calls and letters trying to get a MAC, so the free internet im personally receiving right now, even if it goes on for the next 3 months will still leave me out of pocket.

If you kept records of calls and copies of any emails or letters sent plus proof of deliver then send photocopies of them to Eurisp and give them 5 days to supply hte MAC code. When you ask for a MAC you should always keep copies..

the situation for many of us individual 'suffering' customers is far more complex and frustrating than you could possibly imagine, many people had businesses using the biscit service when it was going down for a week at a time, think of all the lost revenue!!!

Internet dropping or failing happens to many it is due to ADSL not being guarenteed service. I know one friend who had internet then suddenly the adsl light died and took BT 3 weeks to find and fix the fault his ISP hadn't gone into administration...

blane

Casual Member
BT giving wrong number

Called BT Wholesale this morning to get my MAC code, where a woman told me my line is actually with Your Communications and gave me a number. This number is actually that of Thus, the company that took over Your Communications last year. Spoke to a very polite and pleasant chap there who knew nothing about V21 or Biscit and hadn't the faintest idea how I was going to get my MAC code.

Called BT Wholesale back, where a chap took my details and said that BT will email for the MAC and put it 'on the system' by this afternoon. All I have to do, he said, is call BT Wholesale back to get it.

If all goes well - and we know that occasionally it doesn't, don't we, boys and girls? - I should have my MAC code and a new ISP by close of play today.

Watch this space...

ptanser

Called BT Wholesale this morning to get my MAC code, where a woman told me my line is actually with Your Communications and gave me a number. This number is actually that of Thus, the company that took over Your Communications last year. Spoke to a very polite and pleasant chap there who knew nothing about V21 or Biscit and hadn't the faintest idea how I was going to get my MAC code.

Called BT Wholesale back, where a chap took my details and said that BT will email for the MAC and put it 'on the system' by this afternoon. All I have to do, he said, is call BT Wholesale back to get it.

If all goes well - and we know that occasionally it doesn't, don't we, boys and girls? - I should have my MAC code and a new ISP by close of play today.

Watch this space...

Hi

Just called BTW and they said that it has to be done through Your communications, they said they have no autority to issue the Macs from Your Comms

Iggy

I've just been through the loop once more, calling BT Wholesale for a MAC code who informed me that they could not as I was a Your Comms customer.

I then rang Your Comms where a very nice lady apologised for all the frustration that the Biscit fiasco is causing and knew that BT were issuing MAC codes. However, I was then informed that although OFCOM has issued the instruction to issue MAC Codes, OFTEL have advised that this would be in breach of contract (with Biscit). There are further meetings taking place to confirm this position, and until Your Comms are 100% sure that they are in the clear they will not release any MACs.

Back to being on the callback list and waiting in hope.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
OFTEL have advised that this would be in breach of contract (with Biscit). There are further meetings taking place to confirm this position, and until Your Comms are 100% sure that they are in the clear they will not release any MACs.

Back to being on the callback list and waiting in hope.

Well, OFTEL doesn't exist anymore it was replaced by Ofcom :shrug: , unless they mean Otelo. And Biscit's administrator has made the position of Biscit clear enough.

ptanser

Just spoke to EURISP and was told to call back in a couple of days, I asked if that is a definate and the chap told me if I call back in a couple of days I should be able to get my Mac

NetFan

Top Member
Just spoke to EURISP and was told to call back in a couple of days, I asked if that is a definate and the chap told me if I call back in a couple of days I should be able to get my Mac

The gril I spoke to said a it was a possibility by Thursday they could provide one. I think you are better off calling the BT no on 0800 169 9576

blane

Casual Member
This is ridiculous!

Called BT this morning, who told me to ring Your Communications (see earlier post for all the awful details), which is now part of Thus. They can't help, allegedly. Called BT again, where chap promised MAC code this pm. Called BT this pm, but - you guessed - they can't help. I must call Your Comms but on a different number. They couldn't help, because they refer calls such as mine to EurISp. Do I call EurISP? No, because they refer all MAC requests back to Your Comms. "It's a vicious circle," the nice young thing at Your Comms told me. Called BT yet again to explain my problem and beg for MAC code, but they say tough poo, no can do (or words to that effect). Just before I put phone down to pull my own head off in frustration, I discover I have a message from the nice chap I spoke to first thing at Thus, who gives me a different number to call. Tried different number and spoke to very pleasant chap. He couldn't help me either, of course. This is a hee-yooge cock up and BT and Ofcom should be ashamed of themselves. I'm only on line now thanks to a connection at my mate's office. At home I have a somewhat dislocated Net connection, no email, and I'm about to become incandescent. What a farce this all is. EurISP and Thus or Your Communications, or whatever it is they're called this week, are screwing about with the entire process and making it impossible to obtain the MAC codes BT has promised us all.

OK, rant over. If you want me, I'll be hiding under my rock, glowing bright red and sucking my thumb.

h4nym

Casual Member
Now we get to wait till Thursday

Ok folks - I've just done the BTW/YC/Ofcom/Breathe dance and here is the very latest... for this hour at least!

Breathe have SIGNED CONTRACTS to take over V21 customers. Sorry- Biscit customers I don't really know what the position is for you guys beyond the statement on the website to call BTW who will issue you with MACs. Anyway - Breathe will take the next 3 days to migrate customer details across and, according to their website at www.breatheinternet.com/maxsurf they will be issuing MACs from the Thursday morning, the 22nd.

According to Breathe, there's only about 1400 of us left. Believe me - if only I'd had a choice about at least my name remaining on the customer list...

Well - another hour, another strategy. Let's see what happens on Thursday. Irritatingly, I'm travelling that day so I'll probably miss my chance and come back to find the window's closed!

So - a big thank you to Messrs Pratterson and Irrelevy for turning YOUR shambles into MY nightmare! I'll know to avoid you in the future. You might want to consider changing your names by Deed Poll - you're history in this business.

And, of course, a special mention to Ofcomedy's Ed Richards - well done for being such a civil servant about this. I hope that you learn some lessons - those that are more useful to the consumer than your empire and pension.

H

BreatheCEO

Help is at hand!

Hello.

Anyone who is a former V21 customer, but on the EurISP/Thus network do not worry - you will be able to get your MAC code through Breathe from Thursday this week.

Your connection is safe in the meantime - check http://www.breathe.com/maxsurf for updates!

Thanks,

M.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1871)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules