Sponsored

Excellent customer retention

romerogoon

Pro Member
Woo, well done Wanadoo!

I've always been happy with Wanadoo; i've been with them since they were Freeserve back in 2000 or 2001, and apart from the very rare outage I've never had any beef with them. The service has always been fairly reliable, if a little laggy, but sustained transfer speeds have always been fast. Also, I haven't had the opportunity to shell out for a WLAN router as of yet, and have used their (somewhat notorious) Livebox as part of their Wireless and Talk service.

Having told them I was moving house, and that I was planning on moving to nildram, they waved the £20 tx fee, and applied a two month discount onto my account.

Fair play, I know the retention teams do this on a day to day basis, but I think it's fair that I should shout about this when I'm very quick to jump on them when they've made a screwup :)

Nice job, Wanadoo!

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
When I left PlusNet I asked whether I'd get a phone call from the retention team asking why I was leaving and was told they'd stopped doing that around a month ago. I explained (anyway) that I was not leaving because of caps but traffic shaping i.e the common industry traffic figure of 30GB/month would have been fine, just don't shape the connection. There was no note of this made on my ticket, so I guess PlusNet just don't want to know why some of their customers are leaving at the moment ... :shrug:

Darkspark

ULTIMATE Member
Yep Freeserve was very good for that. Speeds were getting very slow, so I asked to leave their dialup. The retention team offered an offer to me that was offered to new customers at the time, I think it was half price for three months, and offered to do a line test to find out why it was so slow.

Anyway, I declined, and joined ehmm.....activeware after that.
What a regret eh?

I dont know about wanadoo though.

jazz_lives

Casual Member
Generally I've been satisfied with Wanadoo. Joined back in Freeserve days, mid 2000, and am now broadband.

But for the last three weeks or so it has become very slow in the evenings and often without a connection.

I might be waving bye bye.

romerogoon

Pro Member
I've noticed that it's starting to slow down, though I haven't rebooted my Wanadoo router in nearly four months so I'm hoping the new firmware will be better.

On another positive wanadoo note; I mailed them about the LLU programme and whether there'll be charges in speed increases with this whole MaxDSL shebang, and managed to get a response within eight hours. Maybe they're just keeping us happy :D

They're not an awesome ISP, but from my experiences they're not the worst.

I was happy with wanadoo up until jan of this year when I started getting disconnected on a frequent basis even though the speed had dropped I put it down to the old PC but since asking for my MAC I am now getting speeds of 63kb/s when doing a speed test compared to only 12 days ago getting 44kb/s
Although their customer service rep screwed the speed up to a crawl last Sunday :mad: :eek: it took all night to get it to a decent speed again the sooner I am shot of them the better.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2533)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1676)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1258)
  8. Statistics (1110)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (601)
  18. TalkTalk (586)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules