Sponsored

Ezeedsl ...What a Shower

Sam_the_Hobbit

Casual Member
I have just posted this on the 'Official' 186k.co.uk' site :mad:

Clive,

I refer to your reply earlier this afternoon, in response to my posting on this forum that I was still awaiting an answer to my 'Medusa' ticket ...

I have just submitted my request for a MAC.

1) I do not accept I can be held to payment of the remaining 8 months more of a 12 month 'contract', as I was a forced 'buyer' under totally abnormal circumstances. I was a happy V21 subscriber, paying £9.99pm with a 2Gb monthly cap, when I was hijacked by the 'Gardenwall' that suddenly appeared on 15 November. But if the only way I can request a MAC, I accept this unreasonable t&c under considerable duress.

2) Faced with losing internet access on 15 November, I signed up to ''''.... UP TO 8Mbps service at £24.99 pm..... Speedtests I have taken since joining, show that I am averaging only 2.4Mbps.....This is a 70% underperformance on expectation.

3) On submitting a request through 'Medusa', I had no answer for 48 hours until I posted on the 186 official forum, asking for action. I was impressed that 'AGENT SMITH' responded so quickly by email..... BUT I WAS NOT IMPRESSED BY THIS DISMISSIVE ANSWER...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply-To: ts@186k.co.uk
To:
Subject: [ticket #315363] xxxxxxxxxx Slow speed issue EzeeDSL / Ezee - V21
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:37:33 +0000
>Hi,
>
>I have checked this and the "8meg" promised??? I think you will find the speed is "up
>to 8meg" and DSL Max will deliver what your line can handle.
>

>Your line shows as only being able to handle 3meg at the max and so this is well
>within the required limits of DSL Max.
>
>Thanks
>Clive

--------------------------------------------------------

4) How, may I ask, was I to know that my exchange, (or the Ezeedsl system for that matter) could not deliver what was my reasonable expectation of getting an 8Mb service.... I am not a 'Techie nerd'.

I HAVE LOST FAITH IN EZEEDSL AND I NOW WISH TO LEAVE.

Clive, are you the only operative that Ezeedsl has on support duty, OR does everybody on Support answer to the 'handle' of 'Agent Smith'.....

I think you are a one man band.......

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
If you want the full 8 meg you will have to move house or ask BT to build an exchange closer.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
...to get a full 8meg youll have to go to an LLU enabled area since 8meg MAx is only a theoretical speed as far as lm aware no one has actually passed the 7meg mark speed wise unless they were on LLU service which l believe has a theoretical speed of around 24meg altho l could be wrong on that one.

Sam_the_Hobbit

Casual Member
Dear BT, please build your exchange in my big garden

Hi MoM,

Looks like it, doesn't it....

I am 2.09km away from the exchange, and according to this useful web site,

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/

that someone sent me, shades of green performance should give me up to 5Mbps, before the orange bands kick in.

I am getting a max of 2.7, but averaging 2.4.

I am not expert, and when my internet service was 'gardenwalled' by NetServices on 15 November, who passed all the old V21 subscriber base over to EzeeDsl, with an offer of ...up to 8mps, most of us were grateful to get out of the locked garden and committed ourselves to EzeeDsl expecting a premium service (at a price) but with a 12 month lock in. The alternative, without freely available MAC's, was simply to horrible to consider.

3 months, promises, promises and promises of upgrades to this premium service.....
and when it arrives..... guess what... a damp squib. My performance is averaging 2.4. There is lots of technical argument going on in EzeeDsl official and unofficial forums about the deficiencies of the Tiscali link that EzeeDsl has 'bought into'. I can't begin to fathom it all. And when I complain a) about spped of response to a support call, and poor sppeds of download ..... I'm told tough..... 'we never could deliver what you expected to you as the exchange can't cope'.

MoM, dig deep into the Ezeedsl forums; They are falling apart at the seams, as the one man band, Agent Smith, sole agent for sorting out this nonsense, struggles manfully, but sadly inadequately, 7 days a week, to keep up to speed with fielding more and more EzeeDSl unhappy customers.

If you are 186k/EzeeDsl, you will know this already..

silvester

Ezeedsl really is a shower. They were crap right from the word go for me. It was bad enough being blackmailed into signing up to this trash but to be promised 'reconnection within one hour' and then having to wait three days kind of set the tone. I guess I realised it was all a bad mistake by about the 5the occasion of being lied to over the phone by some Asian guy barely capable of speaking or understanding English. But then...I had no choice. In our country that prides itself on its 'free market economy' it was the rubbish that is Ezeedsl or nothing. Only too late did the idiots at OFCOM actually do something...without any provision for those who gave in and signed up under protest.

This has all cast OFCOM, this country's ability to regulate a sick industry and basic human nature in a very bad light. The fact that the liars/cheats/conman behind Ezeedsl still walks free stealing from the public is shameful.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
I am aware of the whole situation with EzeeDSL and i wont wish to open up that can of worms, the speed of your line (sync rate) is fully dependant on the line and internal wiring you have. It is also dependant on the exchange contenion, post your line stats from the router.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
Well come on guys tell him for petes sake done let him lose the chance to get his MAC.
l would but, damn you dont know how many forums lm at :D granted lm here but l generally feel if lm going to add baggage to a web masters database l just as well be a regular member who puts some worthwhile input into some threads.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
l would but, damn you dont know how many forums lm at :D granted lm here but l generally feel if lm going to add baggage to a web masters database l just as well be a regular member who puts some worthwhile input into some threads.

Well I can't not allowed to join so give him the information please guys.

silvester

Fair comment 'ManOfMeans' but don't forget that many victims of the Ezeedsl scam never even had their lines upgraded. I for one was very definately left on a 1MB service for 3 months (and if need be, BT Wholesale would be able to verify this) despite paying the conman behind Ezeedsl for a 2MB service and that showing on the rather amateurish portal they presumably got some 10 year old kid to put together as a school project.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
You can tell from what the router says what speed your on and what product of BT wholesales you are on, like i said i am not going in to the whole EzeeDSL thing I am only going to help with the connection speed issue, which is my I asked for the router stats.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules