Sponsored

F2S good or what?? HELP !!

swainston

Casual Member
Hi all,, i'm currently with talktalk getting a cr#p service and slooooow 1mb broadband,,,,, my year is now up and its looking like either F2S who i know nothing about OR Eclipse......they seem to be the best two for what i need....

F2S's 10gb is just right i think,, so can anyone advise me?? or have a missed a different one thats better.....?

Anyway if you have F2S does the service remain the same once your with them or does it decline like talktalk,,, with caps/throttles etc etc?? and do thy offer free migrations...

Many thanks
swainston

stefanallum@yahoo.co.uk

reset

ULTIMATE Member
Migrated from crapnet to f2s a couple of months ago on their 10gig service, all went smoothly and no problemas at all.
Still getting good speeds and no dropouts, no idea about pings or P2P as I am no games player or large file downloader.
Can't fault them really, have not used their C/S so cannot comment on it.

Pimpernel

Top Member
reset said:
Migrated from crapnet to f2s a couple of months ago on their 10gig service, all went smoothly and no problemas at all.
Still getting good speeds and no dropouts, no idea about pings or P2P as I am no games player or large file downloader.
Can't fault them really, have not used their C/S so cannot comment on it.
I can only second that! All comments above apply to me also! :D

Migration was free BTW and as far as I know still is. You can see on their web-site. ;)

BCNU :)

Draig

Came to F2S from Tiscali (avoid at all costs)

F2S got me connected via a MAC code in ONE day. It was free with the MAC code no setup charge.

Speed and pings have been superb, not a single drop in connection, I gt 2mb for £19.99 and when my exchange gets upgraded that will go up to whatver the max is on the exchange, hopefully 8mb, and I will STILL pay £19.99.

Customer service was faultless. Anything you need to do you do it yourself most of the time via the excellent members page.

1 month contract(a must have these days) and fixed IP.

The only downside is they do not offer 24/7 support. Then again I only had to call them once. Waited about 7 minutes to get an answer. When i got through my issue was resolved within 5 minutes, very good people (UK based) on the end of the phone, who know their stuff.

Even the SALES person I spoke to knew much much more about the internet and broadband issues than the TECH SUPPORT people in Tiscali.

Highly recommended.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
Want a couple of others? i have used a few isp's and none of them showed up as bad and now i am spoilt as im on a 2 meg where as before i was on a 512, but netsservices based isp's are good performance but the support was so bad it would suck start a Harley Davidson through its exaust pipe!

Entity online was an exception with them for a year and the support not that i needed it much (once being thick in my terms) was very good and helped me and im not a n00b to computers and broadband in any way, where as now i cant really compare when im on a 2 meg line as i get 4 times faster than i did before and never needed support yet.

Always remember you normally get what you pay for and now im with Zen who if you look isnt the cheapest ISP and in performance i cant rate them properly but in a percentage Enity Online was roughtly the same taking into concideration the speed differance and speed tests.

Cre@tive

ULTIMATE Member
Well i moved from pipex to nildram to f2s and have to say that f2s offers me the fastest connection so far via my exchange. Had no problems at all.

scotsfilmmaker

Casual Member
There is only 1 isp that I can say is as good as F2S and that is Nildram, who are very good! But they have now put drastic download limits on everything and ruined there good reputation. F2S on the other hard has been a very good connection. All my family and friends are on F2S. I have been with them for over a year and had 2 connections with them as i moved house.

No problems. Great ping if you play online gaming. Only issue I have had is the upgrade from 1mb to 4mb which has taken a while, but that was proved to be a fault of BT and not F2S. Hopefully, the service will continue to live long and prosper, even though they have had a hostile takeover from Pipex.

Top Member
Of late I am experiencing some drop outs, not a lot but enough to be annoying, did not see this before. Also I have an outstanding email with them, that got answered on the forum, but must be over a week and no reply from them.

swainston

Casual Member
plunge

firstly , many thanks for the replies on here to my post,,, i've taken the plunge and ordered Eclipse with talk more the extra phone calls bit they offer..

Talktalk took nearly 2 weeks to let me have a "mac" code so i could move..!

Anyone else use eclipse and the home calls package out there??

cheers for all help..swainston

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules