Sponsored

Farse24 Refugees Welcome

Hitch

Pro Member
These any good?

The Ex (the reasons im re-haunting this place, and for the love of kits of course) has just started her migration to them. Id rather warn her off now before its too late if they are the same kinda outfit as fast24.

zorlaczerohero

Casual Member
I signed up yesterday as I had to do that or wait 3 weeks for a new line to get sorted which I couldn't do. Was off-line for about 5 mins, So far had lots of disconnections for first 5 hrs then seemed to stabilise, was geting 40 ping in an MMOFPS which is better than usual, no lag etc. 'medusa' portal is handy and very easy to set e-mail addresses etc up.

I just want to know when I will be upgraded to dslmax. At the moment getting a constant 236 KB on downloads from an unthrottled source, which is no better/worse than before.

As it stands I'm happy enough, but not sure what to expect.

If all they say is true then £29 / month for 20:1 upto 8meg unlimited broadband is a very good price, just waiting for that first "stop DL'ing teh pron!!!" e-mail........

scottm

Casual Member
I signed up yesterday as I had to do that or wait 3 weeks for a new line to get sorted which I couldn't do. Was off-line for about 5 mins, So far had lots of disconnections for first 5 hrs then seemed to stabilise, was geting 40 ping in an MMOFPS which is better than usual, no lag etc. 'medusa' portal is handy and very easy to set e-mail addresses etc up.

I just want to know when I will be upgraded to dslmax. At the moment getting a constant 236 KB on downloads from an unthrottled source, which is no better/worse than before.

As it stands I'm happy enough, but not sure what to expect.

If all they say is true then £29 / month for 20:1 upto 8meg unlimited broadband is a very good price, just waiting for that first "stop DL'ing teh pron!!!" e-mail........

How did you sign up with them?

I emailed them asking them a few questions a few days ago, and have yet to reply! heh.. think I may just get the cut off now, as no reply in two days is a bit POO!

Hitch

Pro Member
I just want to know when I will be upgraded to dslmax. A

Well im guessing they could be swamped by the sudden influx of fast24 refugees, which might explain the slight wait. TBH your in the UK, unless things have changed considerably you guys have to wait for everything pretty much :)

Its this dslmax that the ex is going on so I hope it speeds things up for you and her.

If anyone else has any good or bad comments in the next couple hours about this ISP I for one would be most appreciative of them. Thanks zorla.

JoePublic

My previous comments on a Fast24 string stand:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having commented that I didn't like being railroaded into going with Ezeedsl, the thought of no broadband or home email account for a month was too much and I decided to give them a try (yes, I know, hypocrite, you're thinking!).

I have to say that the transition was painless, and my ineptitude in setting up my own domain with individual accounts for family members on different home PCs was made very simple by the ezeedsl console on their "madusa" portal, and ther Indian call-centre (I even managed to keep my patience with them this time, they were very helpful!)

I also hope that 186K is a large enough concern to survive the mega-competitive communications market (finger crossed....)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Speeds are good, webmail works, so I can check my emails from work, and in answer to some of the jingoistic responses I got previously, "I'd rather use the services of foreigners who answer the phone promptly with the information that I need, than listen to unhelpful, obsolete recorded messages from a bunch of Brits who can't/won't support their paying customers!"

zorlaczerohero

Casual Member
How did you sign up with them?

I emailed them asking them a few questions a few days ago, and have yet to reply! heh.. think I may just get the cut off now, as no reply in two days is a bit POO!

I was with CPBB prior to fast24, and my BB connection was still up whilst everyone elses seemed to be down, I rebooted my router for something and thats when I got walled into ezeedsl web page, my comp tends to stay connected 24/7 so don't know if the reboot cut the line or something, until that happened I couldn't sign up with them.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
These any good?

The Ex (the reasons im re-haunting this place, and for the love of kits of course) has just started her migration to them. Id rather warn her off now before its too late if they are the same kinda outfit as fast24.

:) cheers Hitch sure you must have one love in every town now.

EzeeDSL is an uknown at present nothing good or bad has come out. They hit the headlines when E7even customers was forced over in the last few months,now Fast24 and today the V21 customers have the same treatment could get crowded in there and support might be a worry IMO if most of V21 move over as we are talking about 30 to 40,000 customers. Many already had a nightmare few weeks in the hands of Biscit who just couldn't cope with the demands on support.
Will be nice if the new customers keep the rest informed on how the service is going the good and the bad for a change.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
EzeeDSL is an uknown at present nothing good or bad has come out.

There are quite a few comments on the old E7even forum on adslguide, opinions seem mixed to me. If anyone is seriously considering ezee, they might find it worth asking on there as no doubt some ezee customers still visit there. While you are at it you could also invite them to join this forum because e7even is defunct so their e7even forum will be deleted sooner or later.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=e7even

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
There are quite a few comments on the old E7even forum on adslguide, opinions seem mixed to me. If anyone is seriously considering ezee, it might be worth asking on there as no doubt some ezee customers still visit there. Will you are at it you could also invite them to join this forum because e7even is defunct so their e7even forum will be deleted sooner or later.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=e7even
Sorry Mel not a member of ADSLguide and it wouldn't be able to post.

scottm

Casual Member
Well I emailed them on Monday saying I was a Fast24 customer and was interested in moving to them and asked how to do it.

Had no reply!! heh, so sounds just like Fast 24!!

So getting cut off tomorrow! (hopefully) and will use Orange dial up until the line is clear and i will go with Orange broadband, I defo will never EVER go with a small company again!! :nod:

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
I'm a refugee from V21 but as the problem is basically the same I'm tagging on the end of this thread. Yesterday Netservices effectively pulled the plug on internet access for V21/Biscit customers who were routed through them. Each side has instructed lawyers so I won't comment on the rights or wrongs. faced with the alternative of having no broadband access I bit the bullet and signed up with EzeeDSL. I was connected almost immediately and received a large number of emails. Web access also fine. Unfortunately, their "seamless" switchover didn't allow for the fact that to send emails you need EzeedSL's smtp server details. I had to hang on for 90 minutes on the support line for it - the guy was very apologetic - said they'd been swamped with V21 customers. Pity they didn't think of basic details like that on the FAQ's., or even the joining confirmation email. That said, my connection has been stable so far - better than I've had from V21/Biscit recently. I had to take a 12 month contract, but as I was contracted to V21 till April anyway I'm happy to do that just for continuity. The parent of EzeeDSL is 186k, which seems to have some serious money behind it - http://www.186k.co.uk/

I'll keep this forum advised of progress, good or bad.

BTW - To save you a 90 minute phone call the smtp server is smtp.ezeedsl.co.uk .

Hitch

Pro Member
EzeeDSL is an uknown at present nothing good or bad has come out.

Thanks Kits, Didnt realise they were 186k. Fast24 used them a while back and that was probably the only time Fast24 actualy rocked as an isp.

I¨ve told her what I know and she went with them, any feedback she tells me ill post here for others.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3667)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules