Sponsored

Fast 4 advert - ISP review

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
'Unimited.....no caps....etc etc'

In the small print, near the bottom of the page:

12. To ensure we offer all our customers the best possible service, we apply the following restrictions. We continuously monitor our networks to ensure that congestion is not occurring. If usage is such that it is significantly affecting service to other users we will instigate congestion control measures. Heavy-usage applications such as continuous Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing, streaming video, binary downloads or other intensive uses accumulating a monthly download in excess of 100Gb will constitute abuse of the network. Where the Service has been deemed to have been used inappropriately or to the detriment of the overall Service, we reserve the right to take action against this account.

So, a limit they decide, or above 100gig (which has to be pointed out, is very generous) and they will do what they feel is appropriate to your account.

While its a generous amount, its not unlimited is it?

TRIaXOR™

ULTIMATE Member
100Gb? I hope thats a misprint coz 100Gbit would mean 12.5GByte :hrmph: and to me isnt very generous, and NOT unlimited either, wish bloody ISPs would stop this mis-selling as its blatantly untrue to say Unlimited.

personally I'm gonna write to my MP about this as this practise should be made illegal. :mad:

No the 100GB means 100GB of downloads as oppposed to the 12.5Gbyte you mentioned above. With 12.5Gb we would have no customers as this would not be competative at all.

TRIaXOR™

ULTIMATE Member
100GB is still not Unlimited though is it? that to me is still an attempt to deliberately mislead the consumer. :(

This is merely an FUP and if those users who do exceed the 100GB per month on a regular basis will be asked to slow thier downloading down as this could have an adverse effect on other network users, however we are not going to simply cut them off.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I see you changed the T&C's from 100Gb to 100G

The accepted convention as Triaxor pointed out is

'b' = bits
'B' = bytes

Also your advert is guaranteeing an 8mbps connection, no mention of subject to line condition & distance from exchange or even an 'up to'.

Oh thanks Mel I shall point this out to the graphics guys and see if i can get this altered.

* Stop press the banner is soon to be updated *

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2292)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1457)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1273)
  8. FTTH (1125)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1068)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (926)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules