Sponsored

Fast4 now Biscit

fontwell

Pro Member
Fast4 users will have received an em@il from V21 some 10 days ago welcoming them and confirming their account has been transferred to V21, and their details can now be viewed through the V21 members portal.

Confusing some what as I have always considered Fast4 to be a V21 company, with the same dial-up number, forum etc.

Now another em@il this time from Biscit saying they have taken over V21, but fear not, terms and conditions will remain the same for existing customers.
Well lets hope so, prices for unmetered dial-up have always been reasonable, and the last thing us users what is to have to start looking around for another ISP, some of whom certainly know how to charge, in some cases the same if not more than Broadband..

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Curious, as I understood it Fast4 was actually a separate entity away from the whole V21/Biscit agreement. I’ll ask the MD to clarify.

MrJ

Pro Member
some Fast4 users received the email, about being transferred over (so I have seen in other forums) - but the rest have remained with fast4, which is now provided by NJPServices.com (just look at the new fast4 footer), as opposed to previously being V21 - even the contact addres has been recently altered to one in Hornchurch - it was the V21 address

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Some ex-fast4 customers also received that email

This was sent to an email address that was only given to Fast4, despite having cancelled the service over a year ago and also having attempted to opt-out of future emails.

While I was with Fast4 they were as far as I understood just a separate V21 brand. I believe it mentioned v21 and also a company called ISPServe ltd in the contract but at the time I could find no limited company of that name. I assume they must have changed ownership to NJPServices in the last few months.

London, 10th October 2006

Dear V21 Customer,

V21 and Biscit Are Now One!

On behalf of the board of directors, I'd like to welcome you to Biscit,
one of the country's leading telecoms and broadband providers.

You may have already learned about our acquisition of V21. We believe the
company to be a perfect fit for our group, allowing us to offer you the
same exciting combined voice and data packages that Biscit customers have
come to enjoy. freeMAX Home, freeMAX Unlimited and freeMAX Education are
just some examples and they'll slash hundreds of pounds off your phone and
data bills each year. You'll find a wealth of information about these and
other award-winning products on our website – www.biscit.net.

Biscit is a customer-centric company. We put you first and we'll go that
extra mile to keep your business. <snipped>
They won't be getting any business from me that's for sure.

NetFan

Top Member
v21 are nowt to to with fast4. Today I can not get though to their 0845 1055 225 customer services no though ? Also since some technical problem from London resuting in total outage for 12 hours my maxdsl connection has gone from about 6.5mb to 0.3. Anyone else ? At the moment my connection is total pants

fontwell

Pro Member
This message appeared on the Biscit/V21 status page.
I haven't received any dodgy emails, the last from Fast4 on 4/10 offered me broadband and had a V21 phone number.

----------------------------------
Possible Scam - V21 Customers Should Ignore Fast4.net Messages It has been brought to the attention of the new directors of V21 that from around the time the sale of V21 to Biscit was concluding there have been some questionable messages sent out to some of our V21 customers.

We are investigating.

In the meantime, we strongly recommend that V21 customers ignore any messages and suggested actions they receive from a company called Fast4.net.

We will update this site with further information on the matter as it becomes available.

If you HAVE received such a message, please contact us with your details urgently, and we will get your original V21 service restored, by sending an email to support@biscit.net with your full name, contact telephone number and V21 customer id.

Sincerely,
Hugh Paterson
Chief Executive
V21.co.uk and Biscit

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Well the V21 marketing spam I received were all Received: from specialbrew ([62.41.128.5]) I didn't receive any claiming to be from Fast4.net

I marked them as spam and will set the email addresses to reject mail.

FASt4 are indeed now a seperate entity to V21 and Bicit and are relaunching all services.

NetFan

Top Member
FASt4 are indeed now a seperate entity to V21 and Bicit and are relaunching all services.
Yep just found this out. I am now a v21 customer apparently but I will re-sign to fast4 seeing as my monthly bill will go from £29.99 to £15.95. Just waiting to get my mac code from v21

I guess you can probabley argue the fact that they have changed your T & c's without notice, in order to do this they have to post this on the website adn try to notify you of any amendments 14 days before they come into place. If not simply cease the line as we are offering Free Activation and migration in if you do get a MAC code.

NetFan

Top Member
v21 / biscit have no idea when they can give me a mac code, good huh ? I can see this going on for weeks

Also my connection has droped right down to less than 0.5MB AGAIN !! Should be 6.5MB Plus I can't send email via fast4's servers AGAIN

The email system from biscit has apparently been relocated which again has caused major issues to many customers, in regards to the MAC code they should have to provide this to you within 5 days otherwise you can take further action.

NetFan

Top Member
The email system from biscit has apparently been relocated which again has caused major issues to many customers, in regards to the MAC code they should have to provide this to you within 5 days otherwise you can take further action.
Hmm like what I wonder ? They are waiting to get them from v21 so they tell me, all a total shambles

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Biscit/V21 do not appear to be signatories of Ofcom's voluntary http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bbm_cop/ so providing a mac if at all is within their discression: note the "in the event fast 4 internet agrees" clause in the old (or is it the new :confused: ) V21/fast4 T&C's.

16.8 In the event that Fast 4 Internet agrees to you migrating your connection to an alternative provider, you must pay all the Charges due, up to and including the date of expiry of the Minimum Period, and you must pay a migration charge of £30.00 including VAT before Fast 4 Internet will provide your Migration Authorisation Code.

If migration is important to you then I would suggest choosing an ISP that is signed up to Ofcom's mac COP:- http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bbm_cop/

However, if you wish to make a complaint about an ISP, under the Communications Act 2003 they must have an ofcom approved Complaint Code Of Practice - and this one is compulsary - and ofcom expect it to be readily available on each ISP's website.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/codes_of_pract/
In order for codes of practice to be meaningful, customers must be aware of their existence. Providers must find appropriate ways to do this as well as ensuring that customers are kept up to date with any changes made to the Code. All complaints Codes of Practice must be published and copies sent to customers on request. The Code should be published on the company website if there is one. If the company does not have a website then copies of the Complaints Code of Practice should be available for inspection at every major office.

Last edited:

NetFan

Top Member
OK thanks for info but Biscit say they are definatly willling to give a mac code just that v21 are NOT willing to provide them to biscit, there is now some form of dispute between v21 and biscit I was told on the phone and so I could be waiting up to 30 days for one

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I understood Biscit now own V21 (although I suspect they might actually regret buying them now), however there were some reports of a dispute with one of the wholesale providers previously used by V21.

V21 are owned by Biscit now which would make the statement that V21 are holding them back a little odd :confused: :confused: :confused:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2246)
  3. FTTC (1671)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1428)
  7. Business (1255)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1101)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1054)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (917)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules