Sponsored

Fast4 now capped for new customers

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
so they have just theoretically stopped you leaving for 30 days, so unless you dont mind waiting in theory you should be able to leave once moved, but still if l was in those positions ld be annoyed

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
so they have just theoretically stopped you leaving for 30 days, so unless you dont mind waiting in theory you should be able to leave once moved, but still if l was in those positions ld be annoyed
They can easily pass on the MAC they've generated for their own use to their customer until their new provider actually places the migration order with BT. So any delay would be a few days at the most and only then if the migration is already in progress and it is too late to cancel.

There might be an issue for customers who want to time their migration so they leave at the end of the 28 day notice period since they have to pay for it anyway, as the first MAC will likely expire before then.

Last edited:

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
i have recieved the letter as well though the date to change username to 'surfmax' says 2/12/2008 which looks like the beginning of december to me.

everything seems to be in place for us to be switched to the new supplier and then screwed by fast4 with a major reduction in bandwidth probably starting this month

i have been very tolerent and supportive of fast4 problems and the changes they have made but these new prices and bandwidths are very poor

my year is up in april so i will probably leave then if this is how its going to be
Are they bulk migrating everyone away from Eurisp on the 12 of Februrary then (assuming they've screwed the date up by putting it in American format :rolleyes: ) ?

If so what happened to the £20 or £85 per customer early termination fee they say they have to pay eurisp if they cancel within 12 months?

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
good question? if l remember correctly some users are still within contract, who foots the bill of the transfer to the new network? or has the charge somehow miraculously been removed by EurISP now for the duration of the transfer between the EurISP based network to to the new one

smithy1983uk

im trying to find out now my contract runs out in april im trying to see how much it will cost for me still waiting for a reply to the ticket tho

tghe-retford

Top Member
i have recieved the letter as well though the date to change username to 'surfmax' says 2/12/2008 which looks like the beginning of december to me.
That's a typo, because I had the same on my letter. Your actual date will be what it says in the Secure Members Console, which will be February 12. You will migrate ironically on the same day as me.
Secure Members Console said:
Estimated Conversion Date 12/02/2008
Anywho, it wouldn't take ten months for a migration to complete.

Scrapman

My account was migrated on 21st January. The service as is suits me, but fortunately my 12 months are up so I can leave with relative impunity if they try to change my terms.

tghe-retford

Top Member
My account was migrated on 21st January. The service as is suits me, but fortunately my 12 months are up so I can leave with relative impunity if they try to change my terms.
Are you still on the up to 8Mb unlimited package after your account was migrated, or does the bandwidth usage option in the secure members console mention a usage limit?

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
if it doesnt it will soon l bet

Scrapman

"Your current plan includes Unlimited of inclusive bandwidth per month". I agree with Timeless - that 'Unlimited' is probably gonna change sooner rather than later.

alared

Casual Member
Just returned from a long weekend and found a letter from Fast4 waiting for me dated 4th Feb 2008.
It tells me to change the last part of my username on the 11th Feb (tomorrow) to ensure continued connectivity.

The last part is to be changed to @surfmax,instead of the current
@fast4.adslco.com

I upgraded from Fast4 dial-up on 27th Nov 2007 and pay £15-95 a month for "unlimited" which is still showing as that in the members area.

Has anyone got any comments to enlighten me about what`s going on and how I stand please.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Seems Fast4 are moving everyone over to the new supplier Murphyx but no doubt unlimited will vanish soon as the prices are much higher. Prices have been quoted as £24.99 for a 30gig a month cap.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Seems Fast4 are moving everyone over to the new supplier Murphyx but no doubt unlimited will vanish soon as the prices are much higher. Prices have been quoted as £24.99 for a 30gig a month cap.
There was also some mention of a per gig additional bandwidth fee, so it would be wise to keep one eye on your members area and the other on your Terms and Conditions just in case the change to metered occurs unannounced.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Just returned from a long weekend and found a letter from Fast4 waiting for me dated 4th Feb 2008.
It tells me to change the last part of my username on the 11th Feb (tomorrow) to ensure continued connectivity.

The last part is to be changed to @surfmax,instead of the current
@fast4.adslco.com

I upgraded from Fast4 dial-up on 27th Nov 2007 and pay £15-95 a month for "unlimited" which is still showing as that in the members area.

Has anyone got any comments to enlighten me about what`s going on and how I stand please.
Despite the fact that you are being moved to the new network backbone (everyone is incidently), this doesn't automatically mean that you are going to be put on one of the packages advertised on the sales page (ie, limited to 15Gb or 30Gb per month) - you will remain on the same service with the 60Gb FUP applying to your usage.

I'm uncertain as to how long this will continue however since bandwidth is unfortunately more expensive with Murphx than it was with EurISP - however, I still think Murphx is a better backbone supplier simply for the support I've had with customer ADSL faults and provisioning issues.

If the packages for existing customers are to change, Fast4 will notify customers about this first: generally by email so ensure your 'contact' email address in your members area is correct!

alared

Casual Member
Thanks everyone

Paulplex
If the package does change will I be given the chance to migrate at no cost because as I mentioned above,I only upgraded to BB last Nov.

I have always been happy with Fast4 but if my contract changes for the worse I would look at other ISP`s.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Thanks everyone

Paulplex
If the package does change will I be given the chance to migrate at no cost because as I mentioned above,I only upgraded to BB last Nov.

I have always been happy with Fast4 but if my contract changes for the worse I would look at other ISP`s.
I'd assume so; certainly this change is to the detriment of some of the Fast4 customer base. I can't confirm that fully unfortunately but I would imagine there would be no cost.

tcib

If the packages for existing customers are to change, Fast4 will notify customers about this first: generally by email so ensure your 'contact' email address in your members area is correct!
Wow do you now have the system to implement that? I mean, are you now able to email customers about changes to their T&C's?

What? You say you have always been able to do that?

Oh

alared

Casual Member
Paulplex

Thanks for that and thanks for taking the time to come on the boards to answer our queries.

smithy1983uk

requested my mac code this morning. i asked about the get out fee they said 'there will be a cost levied upon this of £20 as you in initially migrated into our services'

which ain't to bad seems to be going fine at the moment

:)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2539)
  2. FTTP (2260)
  3. FTTC (1680)
  4. Building Digital UK (1618)
  5. Politics (1448)
  6. Openreach (1433)
  7. Business (1261)
  8. Statistics (1115)
  9. FTTH (1107)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (925)
  13. Wireless Internet (921)
  14. 4G (919)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules