Sponsored

Fast4 now capped for new customers

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
My point was that I was surprised to be singled-out (which I presumed was because I used more bandwidth than I normally do)
You were probably singled out because one of the anti-P2P companies (for example Media Sentry or Media Defender) had logged your IP address from whatever Torrent you where downloading and traced it back to your provider.

In the past ISPs would bin the majority of the warnings they recieved from these companies, but after the Government issued its recent warning, ISPs maybe now feel more obliged to act on them.

Peerguardian is a good way to stop your PC from connecting to these companies. It's far from perfect, but judging from my recent PG log file, it does make a difference.

Not that I would condone the downloading of copyright material of course. :rolleyes:

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
l always use peer guardian, lve noticed allot of activity even normal usage shows the occasional hit.

mrzoot

Top Member
i dont know what its like now but the things to avoid was anything made by disney or paramount as they actively chased downloaders.

strangely i have returned to my origional source of downloads many years ago, the warez scene.

and of course i would not condone the downloading of copyright material either

Eezageeza

OK, so getting back to the subject of this thread, it seems as if the capped service is not just for new customers - I have just been moved over to the capped product £16.95 for 15Gb usage, despite being with Fast4 for over a year.

So now I'm really looking for an alternative. Any recommendations? I want a stable service, preferably not capped and definitely not filtered, good speeds for gaming and preferably under 20 quid per month. Also, would prefer to be able to contact customer service outside of 9am-5pm Mon-Fri, and a tech support service NOT based in India!

smithy1983uk

OK, so getting back to the subject of this thread, it seems as if the capped service is not just for new customers - I have just been moved over to the capped product £16.95 for 15Gb usage, despite being with Fast4 for over a year.

So now I'm really looking for an alternative. Any recommendations? I want a stable service, preferably not capped and definitely not filtered, good speeds for gaming and preferably under 20 quid per month. Also, would prefer to be able to contact customer service outside of 9am-5pm Mon-Fri, and a tech support service NOT based in India!
http://broadband.o2.co.uk/

have been great and i haven't even been moved over yet

Eezageeza

Hey thanks Smithy - that looks like an excellent deal - almost too good to be true!! Do you know anyone else on it? If so, have they had good service?

smithy1983uk

Hey thanks Smithy - that looks like an excellent deal - almost too good to be true!! Do you know anyone else on it? If so, have they had good service?
i used there customer service there based in Scotland (well at least the person who i was talking to was scottish) and there very good. a few friends are with them now only fualt they had was with the router they provide

Eezageeza

ok great. Not too bothered about the router issue. Think I might go with them!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2250)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1055)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules