Sponsored

fast4 site down?

Capped4

Pro Member
Can't connect to the Fast4 site to view tickets- is it down?

Eezageeza

It is slow, but it is working for me.

spasmj

Casual Member
Working fine for me, and its actually fast! (I think something is wrong). Perhaps they're blocking you because you've migrated?

Eezageeza

Haha - maybe they just purchased a bolt-on.

NewsreadeR

Just taken about 45 seconds for me and it still not loaded. Obviously its not representative of their speed achieved through any adsl connection supplied them....

Capped4

Pro Member
It was my router settings, a very quick and informative reply to my first adsl24 ticket has it sorted:D

IveBeenDone4

Yes, must admit that I made a ticket with ADSL24 and got a helpful, fast and informative response.

Don't you agree that it's a pitty others can't follow suit eh?

Capped4

Pro Member
Yes, must admit that I made a ticket with ADSL24 and got a helpful, fast and informative response.

Don't you agree that it's a pitty others can't follow suit eh?
Oh yeah, it feels good to get proper service after dealing with the *******
that I have been of late.
To top it all, I think i need a new keyboard, luckily my editing of my posts doesn't show the reason why, but I seem to have worn out the F,C,B and W keys

Hyperion

Just found this site after a Google search.
I'm another disgruntled F4 subscriber!

Their site is down again...I'm getting a bit worried F4 are going to suddenly disappear and leave me with no Internet access!

Where are you guys migrating to? It seems all ISP's impose download limits for their subscribers :(

IveBeenDone4

Majority seem to be to ADSL24, and others to Titan.

Both are EntaNET resellers, best deal around at present (well other than O2, if your exchange is capable).

Hyperion

They're both limited unless you pay mega bucks for unlimited.
Why have they all suddenly gone limited? Is it to stop people pirating stuff?
This is going to affect loads of people who use BBCi player and Youtube a lot!!

IveBeenDone4

"Unlimited" is not really a sustainable entity, It tends to cause network "Bottlenecks" and therefore affects the users, thus eventually providing a service not worthy of the name.

It would appear that F4 have discovered this, also others have learned this too - although it was great for a time, it is not really a viable option @ present.

With other countries this may not be the case, some are far more advance with "Infrastructure" and implement fibre comms (which allows shed loads more throughput - thus avoiding such "Bottlenecks".

We on the other hand are using an old telephone infrastucture that was not designed for this amount of throughput (it's only through advances in technology that ADSL has come about).

Mind you, it's no excuse for F4 to implement rash measures that affect end users.

Hope it helps.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
They're both limited unless you pay mega bucks for unlimited.
Why have they all suddenly gone limited? Is it to stop people pirating stuff?
This is going to affect loads of people who use BBCi player and Youtube a lot!!
You can blame BT for that - there is a cost levied on the ISP's based on how much data is throughput. If a user uses an amount of data which costs the ISP more than the user is paying they they go bust (or spout some excuses, change provider, add some stringent caps etc).

If your exchange is LLU'd, I'd suggest o2/Be (same company, effectively), but failing that Entanet seems the best bet right now.

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
Just found this site after a Google search.
I'm another disgruntled F4 subscriber!

Their site is down again...I'm getting a bit worried F4 are going to suddenly disappear and leave me with no Internet access!

Where are you guys migrating to? It seems all ISP's impose download limits for their subscribers :(
Don't think you can go wrong with an Entanet reseller ADSL24, Titan I went with Vivaciti and have no regrets, in fact it's the best service I've ever had.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2250)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1055)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules