Sponsored

Fast4 taking extra payments from bank account

Hi All
I am new to the forum and wonder if any one has problems with fast4 taking
extra payments from there accounts. I had this last year and was able to resolve it pretty fast as i could get some one on the other end of the phone.
I have made complaints via the recess lounge and by phone they say they have not taken the money and i must prove they have.They want copies of my bank statement and I was given a fax number to send the documents but this turned out to be customer services which you might think is great, so i ask again for the fax number oh!! it out of order we will phone you when its back on line i am still waiting,
Does any one have a direct number to some one there that i could use or Fax.
It would seem since Breathe have taken over that every thing has gone to pot and no one want's or is interested in the customer.
Any help would be appreaciated a frustrated old pensioner.
Bill

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Contact your bank about it, they are likely to be more helpful, as it was unauthorised payments, and let them know the ISP are being extremely difficult in letting you reclaim your money.

Its worth contacting your bank anyway, to stop anymore 'payments' coming out.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I'm with Old Dude, but would add some more info.

If you pay by Direct Debit, the bank will give you an immediate refund under the Direct Debit guarantee, then the bank will chase up F4, not you.

The Direct Debit Guarantee

• If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, the organisation collecting the payment will notify you normally 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed
    [*] If an error is made by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid
  • You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by contacting your bank or building society. We also recommend you notify the organisation concerned.
Source: http://www.bacs.co.uk/BACS/Consumers/Direct+Debit/Your+rights/

Middle point is the most important.

Last edited:

Eezageeza

I agree with the above. Cancel your direct debit to them and see if you can claim back from the direct debit guarantee via the bank. However, if this has been happening for some time you may find it difficult to claim so your best bet would then be to get Breathe to pay you back. Can't you email them a scan of your bank statements instead of a fax?

Once you have exhausted their customer support options and you have run out of patience, I would go to the small claims court.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Since the OP is still (apparently) a F4 customer, he can't really cancel the DD completely - maybe he could change it to a Standing Order - which means that F4 could not change/duplicate etc the money being removed.

Hi Guys
Many thanks to you all for your input it has been very help full, i did my nut yesterday and phoned trading standards who like you guys made some of the same suggestions especially the email one. So i posted another message on there recess lounge asking for an email address that these could be sent to with a letter saying i had contacted Ofcom and the trading standards office, and within the hour i had a email address!!!. I promptly emailed the documents and within an hour i had a phone call saying they were very sorry and would correct the situation and give me a free one week compensation so i will have to wait and see what happens , and i will keep you guys informed thabks all.
Bill

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Pretty disgusting that only threats make this shambles of a company move. Its nothing I dont expect given whom runs it though.

Eezageeza

Glad you got it sorted out. Agree that it's a shame it had to come to that though.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1425)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1037)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (412)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules