Sponsored

FFTP Installation Query

Franksie9

Over the past couple of months there have been various works being carried out by CASS (an OR contractor) on installing fibre cabling down my road. I have been told by one of the engineerrs this morning that the cabling is complete, but I won’t be able to obtain an FTTP connection until the whole area is completed. Then OR will send an engineer to directly connect the house up to fibre.

The majority of the area in concern already has superfast broadband, apart from my road of which we are still on ADSL (yes, it’s awful).

Does anybody know if this is correct, and/or has a decent email contact at OR whom I can verify this with.

Cheers.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
It can take anything from a few months to 12-18 months for the actual service to go live. The best you can do is keep checking your address via the Openreach site or the BT Wholesale Broadband Availability checker to see when FTTP pops up in your area (ignore any mentions of FTTP on Demand as that is a very different product).

Spuriousfish

Casual Member
I've just been through this in a rural area - and yes we were the last still on ADSL. Fibre along the road was completed just before the lockdown and I periodically checked the Openreach Fibre Checker to see if it was available. You'd have thought BT would have done a mail shot but no.

Anyway it became available mid June so about 3 months after the road work.

I ordered mid June from BT and then its the usual run around because BT and Openreach don't really talk to each other. First a go live date of July 1st, which after a few days became end of September. Surprise, surprise the Openreach guys came yesterday to run the ducting to the house and they said the fibre pullers would most likely be along soon after.

I'm not holding my breath.

You mght want to try this...

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2715)
  2. FTTP (2601)
  3. FTTC (1756)
  4. Building Digital UK (1700)
  5. Politics (1605)
  6. Openreach (1563)
  7. Business (1387)
  8. FTTH (1310)
  9. Statistics (1206)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1177)
  11. Fibre Optic (1044)
  12. 4G (1013)
  13. Wireless Internet (997)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (976)
  16. EE (671)
  17. Sky Broadband (655)
  18. TalkTalk (644)
  19. Vodafone (641)
  20. 5G (472)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules