Sponsored Links

FFTP Installation Query

Franksie9

Over the past couple of months there have been various works being carried out by CASS (an OR contractor) on installing fibre cabling down my road. I have been told by one of the engineerrs this morning that the cabling is complete, but I won’t be able to obtain an FTTP connection until the whole area is completed. Then OR will send an engineer to directly connect the house up to fibre.

The majority of the area in concern already has superfast broadband, apart from my road of which we are still on ADSL (yes, it’s awful).

Does anybody know if this is correct, and/or has a decent email contact at OR whom I can verify this with.

Cheers.

It can take anything from a few months to 12-18 months for the actual service to go live. The best you can do is keep checking your address via the Openreach site or the BT Wholesale Broadband Availability checker to see when FTTP pops up in your area (ignore any mentions of FTTP on Demand as that is a very different product).

I've just been through this in a rural area - and yes we were the last still on ADSL. Fibre along the road was completed just before the lockdown and I periodically checked the Openreach Fibre Checker to see if it was available. You'd have thought BT would have done a mail shot but no.

Anyway it became available mid June so about 3 months after the road work.

I ordered mid June from BT and then its the usual run around because BT and Openreach don't really talk to each other. First a go live date of July 1st, which after a few days became end of September. Surprise, surprise the Openreach guys came yesterday to run the ducting to the house and they said the fibre pullers would most likely be along soon after.

I'm not holding my breath.

You mght want to try this...

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules