Sponsored Links

Fibre Availability in London

Hi guys.

I've been waiting for Fibre Optic availability for nearly two years now. I've always thought it was strange that such a service wasn't available in a pretty central area of London. Many of my friends have been granted access to the very powerful Fibre internet and after many months of patience and failed attempts to "check my area/phone number" for Fibre services, it feels like I may need to dig a little deeper.

Now according to http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ , my area seems viable for superfast internet (PIMLICO, SW1V), yet I'm not. Forgive my stupidity as my knowledge in this regard is very limited.

I understand that it can very simply be that the necessary hardware isn't available in my area/green cabinet/exchange tower, though seeing the results on the above link makes me think otherwise.

Are there any other factors I'm not taking into account?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 main reasons normally.

1) Your cabinet (green box is not enabled as it may be considered currently unviable commercially)
2) Your line is Exchange served, therefore not actually going via a cabinet). Work is on-going to resolve this problem.

Expanding on from Martin's no.1 above. BT's checkers tend to only reflect exchange coverage, while coverage of the FTTC technology itself is actually dependent upon the status of your local street cabinet and BT doesn't like to share specifics about that. If you want to find out what's up then you could try to..

1) Run a BT Wholesale check on your phone number as this will tell you if FTTC is available or not.

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/s...nity/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Checker.html#

2) Failing that you could try contacting BTOpenreach directly about your local cabinet's FTTC availability, although I note that their 'Contact' page has now removed the cabinet enquiries option.. hmm.

3) Contact your ISP and ask if they can find out on your behalf.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules