Sponsored Links

Fibre checker says I can have fibre but my lines exchange only

Jdpax95

So I’m having an absolute nightmare atm I took out a sky tv and broadband package with super fast 2 broadband because I’m eligible for fibre but when the openreach engineer came to switch the line across he found after 2 days of working to get us fibre that were exchange only. We’re 300m from the exchange as it’s at the bottom of our farm lane but we’re the only property this side. the fibre cabinet is opposite the exchange on the other side of the road it’s not a big main road just a country road. The engineer said that it’s going to planning because the line will need diverting to the cabinet by going under the road then back under the road to the exchange. It’s been a month without internet now and they have washed there hands with the situation and cancelled to broadband as the order couldn’t be completed and I feel very let down and betrayed. Has anyone had this problem and have any advice on what channels to take or who to talk to try and get fibre as it’s really affecting the business as staff members can’t get there work done without internet.

the openreach engineer came to switch the line across he found after 2 days of working to get us fibre that were exchange only

Something doesn't add up with that. I know, from experience, that when an Openreach Engineer gets issued a job one of the most fundamental and prudent bits of information on the job is the routing. PCP, E side, D side, DP and so on. Apart from the actual address of the property, it's the next thing he or she will note.

Even if they failed to note the routing, which I doubt, they'd realise it was an EO line within minutes or hours at best, not two days.

I suspect there's more to this story, crossed wires (no pun intended) or someone somewhere is being liberal with the facts.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5512)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules