Sponsored Links

Fibre in next 3 months - what does that mean

Sadly still no news of fiber coming to Piccots End. All that duct clearing over a year ago will have been wasted at this rate :-(

As you will be part of the Hemel Hempstead (rather than a tactical deployment) there is every likelihood you will get FTTP soon say 6-18 months. The OR map is fairly accurate but it really depends where OR start, you could be at the start or the end of the HH plan. But at least you are on the map which is the main thing. OR don't tend to jump around like the Altnets.

Thanks for the handy link, just looked for my city and Openreach has zero plans anywhere (city wasn't listed on the drop down and zooming into it there's no coloured box).

Hello - I had an email exchange with openreach . Jeez , they are clueless . They cannot answer a straightforward question. They are roads in hemel that are already fitp enabled. I find the whole thing really annoying . we have **** broadband and zero mobile phone signal in the house. Why cannot they sort the houses that really need it . Rant over

yeah , so I checked that map and it states Hemel is now enabled but there is a huge caveat , we might not get to your road and this is what i am battling with. Our road is the worst affected . Most other roads get 80Mb++. we get 15Mb . There is no logic to what they are doing. I can see roads that are fed off my cabinet that are now 1GB and what is annoying is there is a closer cabinet to our house that is 1GB enabled . !

Sponsored Links
yeah , so I checked that map and it states Hemel is now enabled but there is a huge caveat , we might not get to your road and this is what i am battling with. Our road is the worst affected . Most other roads get 80Mb++. we get 15Mb . There is no logic to what they are doing. I can see roads that are fed off my cabinet that are now 1GB and what is annoying is there is a closer cabinet to our house that is 1GB enabled . !

It sucks but generally speaking when an area is announced it doesnt mean 100% coverage.

The reasons why roads or properties get skipped might never get revealed. Sorry if this proves to be the case for you.

What does their postcode checker say for you?

Absolutely nothing, my area isn't even highlighted in a colour.

Openreach not a fan of Leicester. :)

Interesting Looking at the surrounding cities, Derby, Birmingham and Nottingham, they dont seem to like rolling out to urban areas, they all on the outskirts,

Sometimes the logic just cant be understood, Openreach seem to think they can compete with 1970s deployed copper against gig1 and GPON, good luck to them I guess. If high population density and competing ultrafast providers isnt enough of a business case what is?

QloEL1R.png

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules