Sponsored Links

Fibre ordering woes

JediGarry

We moved into our house two weeks ago and the previous owners (with TalkTalk) only cancelled their plan with them two weeks ago.

The issue is, I'm trying to order fibre but every site I go onto (BT, EE, Plusnet) it tells me that fibre is not available to my address/house? If I go onto TalkTalk's site, it lets me do it. I've been onto various fibre availability checker sites and they say it's fibre. When I get to the last page on BT's broadband booking, it's then it says that fibre isn't available but I can get their "...really fast secure broadband of 1-3Mb".

The previous owners had fibre, up to 60-odd mbps and my immediate neighbours have fibre. I've also spoken to Openreach and they've confirmed that my cabinet is fibre but I need to speak to the provider for them to rectify. I've told them that I don't have a provider, I want to set up fibre but they aren't getting it.

Any advice for someone going rapidly grey?

If you email in to sales they tend to help not sure with the big suppliers like BT but smaller family ones would get this rectified.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @Kits but who do you mean by sales? As in the sales team at a certain broadband provider? Ta.

One of the smaller ISPs like Andrews&Arnold, Zen or Aquiss will probably be able to sort this out; it is probably a fusk-up by TT not releasing the line.
In the worst case scenario, you may need to have a new line put in, then arrange for it to be fibred up.

I had to do this after TT stole my line (via Vispa);Aquiss got me sorted, and with a line install charge 1/3rd what BT were asking.

Could also be the FTTC MSAN is at capacity, its unlikely now I haven't heard of port capacity problems lately

Thanks for the advice all. I've heard back from Openreach's fibre team and they've confirmed that yes, fibre is available but I need to speak to my service provider to sort it out. I replied to say I don't have a service provider as I haven't ordered fibre yet which is the problem, I can't order fibre.

I did a check with the DSL Checker and that says that fibre will be available in my area from 30th April 2020 which is weird too.

Also my fear is that, if I order basic broadband (1-3Mbps) with a view to then upgrade or enable fibre with the service provider, there'll be a problem somewhere and I'll be stuck in a contract for at least a year paying over £25 a month for super slow broadband. Meh :)

Sponsored Links
Theres no contract from Openreach for a basic DSL connection to the provider but there is with FTTC.

Any provider should let you move for free then reset the contract to 12/18 month for the new connection type.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules