Sponsored Links

Fibre rollout plans

Evil Harry

Casual Member
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way that Joe Public can found out if there are any plans to roll out ultrafast to the local area? I live in a small established town on the edge of Milton Keynes which has FTTC (available to those who are lucky enough to get space in the cabinet) and I think FTTP to new build estates. Our cabinet has undergone some changes in recent months including a random pod, which doesn't look like the usual G.FAST vented one, appearing on the side. I'd love to know what Openreach are up to :)

Thanks
Evil Harry

If it's a pod without vents then that's most likely to be an extension so the cabinet can handle more FTTC ports (assuming this is the DSLAM fibre mini cabinet and now the old PCP cabinet).

It's the PCP cabinet I think. Certainly the cabinet that's always been present since before FTTC was available. The DSLAM cabinet is on the other side of the road.

Sponsored Links
There is some works going on in MK and a few areas within Newport Pagnell exchange area are being upgraded. take a look at the CBC site, under BDUK 3 broadband checker to see if its being done by the Local Authority. CBC broadband.

otherwise speak to the MK Council theyve got a specific email address (mylocalbroadband@milton-keynes.gov.uk)
, you could also be getting cityfibre at ome point if your in Newport Pagnell?

Thanks performingstoat. It looks like Cityfibre are heading to Newport Pagnell. There is an open evening about it on the 03/12/2019 at the United Reform Church if anyone is interested.

Sponsored Links
For anyone else based in MK16 who might be interested, Cityfibre hosted an information session in Newport Pagnell last night.

The main takeaways are that the service will still be fronted by Vodafone, they have built two PoPs in MK and NP will be served by the northern PoP based on Kiln Farm. They expect the build to be completed and operational between Q2 and Q4 2020 and it will pretty much cover all streets and estates in the town. Speeds are not symmetrical with upload being on average, 10% of the download speed.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules