Sponsored

Firefly Referals

Bytey

I'm currently one of the seemingly many unhappy customers at plusnet and am looking at moving elsewhere.

Firefly seem to offer a decent package for what I want, but as an IT engineer, I would like to move to a provider that offers a discount or cash back scheme for referrals as I feel that I can no longer recommend plusnet. Does firefly offer this facility?

If you use Firefly, I'd love to hear what you think of their service.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Is Firefly not supplied by Netservices?

Do they supply Mac keys when you want to leave if you wasn't happy with the service?

FireFly

ISP Rep
Do they supply Mac keys
Odd question, you should know we do.

Unlike some providers, yes, of course we issue MACs but only if a Customer's account is upto date and they are outwith any minimum contract, which is only reasonable.

Bytey, contact us direct via customer.services @ fireflyinternet.com with your specific questions, we'd be glad to help.
You can also visit our forums to see what feedback our customers give : http://forums.fireflyinternet.com

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Odd question, you should know we do.

Unlike some providers, yes, of course we issue MACs but only if a Customer's account is upto date and they are outwith any minimum contract, which is only reasonable.

Bytey, contact us direct via customer.services @ fireflyinternet.com with your specific questions, we'd be glad to help.
You can also visit our forums to see what feedback our customers give : http://forums.fireflyinternet.com
Must be one of the few that Netservices will supply MAC keys to then as most have had to go the cease and reprovide route.

FireFly

ISP Rep
...as most have had to go the cease and reprovide route.
That's either through the choice of the ISP or they haven't been paying their invoices - 100% fact. (If you'd asked me, I'd have told you, I'd like to think you knew I would have)

In my experience, if a business pays their bills, they tend to experience a better relationship with a supplier. We always pay our bills, consequently we always have good relationships with our suppliers.

Perhaps you're confusing us with another, similar sounding ISP, dunno, just an opinion...:shrug:

Regardless, the point digresses as migrations were not mentioned by Bytey and as a Mod, I wouldn't have thought you would move a thread OT, again, imho...

speedy0308

Pro Member
Decent ISP

I'm currently one of the seemingly many unhappy customers at plusnet and am looking at moving elsewhere.

Firefly seem to offer a decent package for what I want, but as an IT engineer, I would like to move to a provider that offers a discount or cash back scheme for referrals as I feel that I can no longer recommend plusnet. Does firefly offer this facility?

If you use Firefly, I'd love to hear what you think of their service.
Hi Bytey,

I have 2 adsl lines, one at home and one at my business address. I use NDO at home and Firefly at my office. I had to make sure I had a reliable stable service with high quality support for my business line so I use firefly there. I don't believe in putting all my eggs in one basket so hence I have 2 separate suppliers at seperate locations. The firefly connection seems to be very stable and have used it now for approx 2 years without an issue. Their CS is very fast and friendly and have never had any cause for complaints. Not sure about the refferal scheme that you are asking about but it is not mentioned on their website. Why not email their CS dept.

On a side note, I aint sure why kits has went off on a tangent about MAC codes here as you haven't even mentioned this. As far as I know I have never heard or seen any mention on their own forums about MAC's being a problem.....seems like there may be some kind of personal issue with Firefly and if thats the case I don't think she should be moderating this post. :rolleyes:

pessimist

Pro Member
Dont believe they offer a referral premium, but I could be wrong. I've used them for dial up for yonks and ADSL on a separate site for about 18 months. Have found them to be totally reliable. Their support when setting up the ADSL connection was excellent (BT's fault not theirs).

They're not the cheapest but I believe they're amongst the best.

Usual disclaimers - no connection other than as a customer, etc, etc,etc.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
On a side note, I aint sure why kits has went off on a tangent about MAC codes here as you haven't even mentioned this. As far as I know I have never heard or seen any mention on their own forums about MAC's being a problem.....seems like there may be some kind of personal issue with Firefly and if thats the case I don't think she should be moderating this post. :rolleyes:
I have no personal issue with Firefly never have had what is my main worry is their suppliers present problems and the many reports from people unable to get Mac keys from NS supplied ISPs.

here

and here

These problems would have me a little worried on how secure my service would be.
We have had some members come back and blame us for not making them aware of issues.

That said if everyone is happy then good again i have no personal issues with Firefly.

FireFly

ISP Rep

Pimpernel

Top Member
Bytey!! ..... if you're still here ..... the best place to ask your question is always the ISPs own forum;
http://forums.fireflyinternet.com

They look like pretty happy bunnies to me! :nod:

:D

Bytey

Thanks guys.
Good you know Firefly have a good solid service.
Emailed their customer support today and they seem pretty efficiant. Hope to be coming aboard soon.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1424)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules