Sponsored

Firefly UK MD Shows His Utter Contempt For Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
while l agree the emails were a bit over the top.. the first one being somewhat reasonable, l personally thin "as a business" courtesy went out the window... do normal businesses pick up on what can be seen as either verbal insult or just as a upset user who used possible one word too many?

hell lm not going to make too many comments on my experiences however l got kicked once from an ISP for just complaining about limitations which didnt exists in any AUPs or T&Cs all l did was ask about restrictions got told there were none, asked why at peak times that l was affected and why ports other than 8080 and 80 were blocked and l was met with an email with a MAC code in telling me if l didnt leave by the end of the month l would pay the remainder of my contract...

the point lm trying to make, is a business should treat its customers with respect, and make sure they are happy, and they shouldnt bite on insults regardless of how colourful ones wording is (altho l do note the business should reply to such mails l dont believe two wrongs make a right by replying with arrogance only fuels a more hostile reply).. in this case l had only seen maybe three words which would cause them concern but even then they are not used gratuitously imho.

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
Well, whatever the rights and wrongs of this situation are, I certainly would not uses the services of a company like Firefly, for them to react in this way is blatantly unprofessional and pathetic in my opinion.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Point to Mark, the email correspondance to this customer was clearly marked as private, confidential and not to be disclosed without permission, why is the replication of the email being allowed ?
That will work where a correspondence is between private individuals, yet clients can legally publicise their correspondences if they so choose when coming from a business address like customer.services@****** , provided personal details are removed of course and it is “within the public interest”. Hope that helps.

Capvermell

hell lm not going to make too many comments on my experiences however l got kicked once from an ISP for just complaining about limitations which didnt exists in any AUPs or T&Cs all l did was ask about restrictions got told there were none, asked why at peak times that l was affected and why ports other than 8080 and 80 were blocked and l was met with an email with a MAC code in telling me if l didnt leave by the end of the month l would pay the remainder of my contract....
Lixxus demanded I leave them as a broadband customer just for getting very upset that their broadband service went off at 2pm on a Sunday and still wasn't restored by Monday lunchtime (affecting all their customers) and yet the customer service ladies I spoke to on Monday still had no clue what the problem was or when it might be fixed and said they weren't technically trained.

I only get upset when I meet staff who clearly put the customer last and them having an easy life and doing as they please to the customer first. When I meet staff who realise that without customers the company goes out of business and that their job is to keep customer satisfied then I never have any difficulties.

Capvermell

Well, whatever the rights and wrongs of this situation are, I certainly would not uses the services of a company like Firefly, for them to react in this way is blatantly unprofessional and pathetic in my opinion.
Here, here, here.

Its obvious that Firefly would have done this to write off an outstanding potential phone call cost liability and/or to justify closing down x number of access points for the 0808 calls and to act as thought its a customer's fault for spotting this and being annoyed about it is just stupid.

If they had apologised and offered to restore the hours for 6 months or credited me with the value of the outstanding hours then this thread would never have started up.

Also for months while Firefly was getting high customer satisfaction ratings on certain websites for broadband they still couldn't get their act together to make it easy to navigate to the broadband ordering section of their website or in particular to provide any info at all on their 8Mbps Max service. Another missed opportunity by a clearly non customer focused company.

Given the apparently [ADMIN NOTE: Removed - please keep personal abuse out of this forum, thanks.] (who apparently has little better to do today than wage a war of words in this thread) it is any wonder that they are still not just a small but a miniscule ISP.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
not quite how l would put it but gets the job done

FireFly

ISP Rep
I only get upset when I meet staff who clearly put the customer last and them having an easy life and doing as they please to the customer first.
I'm at a loss then.
We sent you a polite email last June to which you took no exception to.
We then sent another polite email yesterday which was responded to by a tirade of abuse.

This makes no sense, we informed you of a terms change 18 months ago, carried out the terms yesterday and got dogs for it.
- We have a zero tollerance for abuse, we come to work and do not expect to be abused, you wouldn't, we don't - regardless of the industry, it should not happen full stop.

***REMOVED****
I had offered to refund you in this post but after reading your latest, i'm no longer interested.

We emailed you 18 months ago about the terms change, you ignored it - don't shout at us because of that.

Last edited:

FireFly

ISP Rep
Given the apparently [ADMIN NOTE: Removed - please keep personal abuse out of this forum, thanks.]
That shows the type of person we have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with.

Good bye and a Very Merry Christmas to all !

Capvermell

Sorry, but as you were informed of the changes last June, you have had 18 months to raise it and you didn't therefore no refund is due in accordance with the terms.
To have terms & conditions that allows you to renege on the original deal is an Unfair Contract Term.

Had you approached it from a non-agressive manner, we would have approached it differently also. Don't quite know why you're getting so upset over a 3-yr old £2.80 dialup acct, you have broadband.
Why should how I approach the matter make any difference to the facts of the matter?

If you weren't such a [ADMIN NOTE: Removed - please do not post personal abuse towards other members] managing director you would have credited me the lost hours on your new 6 month limited service or refunded me the money and the public relations disaster for your company (worth far more than £2.80) inherent in this thread would never have got underway.

I've been MD and 34% shareholder of this business since it's inception 5 years ago...and that won't change.
Then perhaps you badly need the help of Claire Walker, Managing Director of the UK based Firefly who are a public relations firm to advise you on how to get positive press coverage and have happy customers:-

See www.cipr.co.uk/excellence/judging.htm

FireFly

ISP Rep

Capvermell

This makes no sense, we informed you of a terms change 18 months ago, carried out the terms yesterday and got dogs for it.
I never received your previous email. I note that this email just received never gave any opportunity to use the remaining time but merely informed us the time had been deleted and tried to encourage us to throw good money after bad with your organisation buying more time limited to 6 months.

- We have a zero tollerance for abuse, we come to work and do not expect to be abused, you wouldn't, we don't - regardless of the industry, it should not happen full stop.
Companies like Easyjet that have rude staff and that consistently allow the staff to shaft the customers in terms of their misuse of the letter of the terms and conditions always tolerate no abuse because their abusive relationship with their customers means that most of their customers are very unhappy with the company.

If you weren't nasty to the customers in the first place they wouldn't become abusive. Customers haven't become any more inclined to be abusive than they ever were but the treatment of customers by many companies these days plumbs new depths of arrogance and contempt.

We emailed you 18 months ago about the terms change, you ignored it - don't shout at us because of that.
I didn't ignore it. I never received it. If you had sent 2 or 3 reminders at different times this would have overcome any temporary loss of email by one's ISP.

FireFly

ISP Rep
...make any difference to the facts of the matter?
The facts of the matter are :

We informed you 18 months ago of a terms change, you did not query the terms at the time, now you expect us to uphold the original agreement.

Can't you see it ?

We told you 18 months ago !
:confused::confused:

FireFly

ISP Rep
I didn't ignore it. I never received it. If you had sent 2 or 3 reminders at different times this would have overcome any temporary loss of email by one's ISP.
It was sent, thousands of other customers received it, we even proved we sent it by sending you a copy.

Dare we suggest, if you didn't get it, the reason for which may be down to the hyperlinks in the very first item in this thread ? If you didn't get it because of "temporary loss of email by one's ISP." ie another ISPs problem, that sadly is not our responsibility.

Capvermell

If you weren't such a [ADMIN NOTE: Removed - please do not post personal abuse towards other members]
I would call that fair comment in the circumstances. I very much doubt he is going to sue me for libel over such a statement.

Use of expletives and clear libel should of course be excised but the above was neither of those things. They were clearly just my feelings about the behaviour of this person.

Capvermell

It was sent, thousands of other customers received it, we even proved we sent it by sending you a copy.

Dare we suggest, if you didn't get it, the reason for which may be down to the hyperlinks in the very first item in this thread ? If you didn't get it because of "temporary loss of email by one's ISP." ie another ISPs problem, that sadly is not our responsibility.
It is a fact of life that all email services have problems at times.

Therefore the responsible action would have been to send this message at least 2 or 3 times several weeks apaart when the consequences of non receipt were so disastrous.

As I never received the email and I do not agree to your varied terms and conditions can I please now have a refund on the outstanding balance. The fact that out of pure cumudgeonliness you refuse to even provide that shows the mentality of your company.

Capvermell

P.S. Can I take it that the good ship Firefly now has so little other business activity that you can afford to devote around half your working day to this matter?

FireFly

ISP Rep
P.S. Can I take it that the good ship Firefly now has so little other business activity that you can afford to devote around half your working day to this matter?
I'm actually on holiday today yet taking the time and effort to try and respond to you.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
erm l think this post has passed its best.. seems like this issue has run into an infinite loop which no ones willing to back down on.

[requests admin closes thread for fear of it getting out of hand]

Capvermell

erm l think this post has passed its best.. seems like this issue has run into an infinite loop which no ones willing to back down on.

[requests admin closes thread for fear of it getting out of hand]
No closing down threads is the way of those who do not believe in free speech and instead believe in control freakery.

The matter has nearly run its course and there is no need for artificial intervention, especially as other forum members or Firefly customers not around today may want to add their two pennyworth on their experiences with Firefly over this issue in due course.

All I would dearly like to have though is the group email address for all staff at Firefly in order to direct them towards this thread. Or is this gentleman perhaps Firefly UK's only employee?

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
does free speech include the right to insult people? l think not.

l just looked at the rules and found the following:
3. Avoid making sarcastic postings that could be seen as abusive or inflammatory.
5. Try to post constructive comments and topics.

if it was kept civil without such comments as:
If you weren't such a proud, haughty and arrogant managing director you would have credited me the lost hours

which l should add an admin did remove but both of you used it in some way via quoting or otherwise. users dont wish to see arguments but resolution, which was nearly obtained until according to the thread at least until extra comments were added.

in short my request for thread closure is based on

1. l dont want to see yet another ISP at the centre of conflict, we have too many of those already
2. arguing doesnt help nor do big worded insults..
3. both sides of this wont come to an agreement if this goes on, all it will do is in effect give what may or may not generally be a good ISP a bad reputation for biting on user comments at an unofficial resource forum for getting into what could have been a easily fixed situation.

we are adults.. we should act like them rather than continuing to run in circles and making what was a small issue into something considerably bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1425)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1037)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (412)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules